Premium Format Wolverine Premium Format (2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey flilp, It's been a long way back but I think I'm finally back for the long haul again. Yes, I remember the golden rule in this hobby. Buy what you like, because if not then you'll be buying a lot of things and we know that it can get out of hand really quick. Thanks for the heads up with all the companies producing 1/4 statues theses days. The looks the have grown massively since I was last around 6 years go. Crazy to even think that I've been gone that long.

Thanks for the welcome back. Love seeing all the new blood in the hobby and it still going strong if not stronger.

Using an Al Pacino Godfather III voice - "You thought you were out and now the hobby has pulled you back in". :)

The exclusive edition is worth every penny!

While I'm personally not a fan of the pose on this new brown PF, this is still a Martin Canale sculpt. The anatomy and portraits look phenomenal. The brown costume
unmasked portrait is one of the best I've ever seen on a Wolverine statue. The brown EX portrait is right up there with with the last yellow and blue Wolverine PF EX unmasked portrait which I think looks incredible.

While I'm personally not a fan of the pose on this new brown PF, this is still a Martin Canale sculpt. The anatomy and portraits look phenomenal. The brown costume
unmasked portrait is one of the best I've ever seen on a Wolverine statue. The brown EX portrait is right up there with with the last yellow and blue Wolverine PF EX unmasked portrait which I think looks incredible.

I sometimes wonder with all the new blood in the hobby have we forgot that Martin Canale was every bit of a sculptor that Daniel Bel is today when the hobby first started. I'm all in for this brown suited Wolverine PF because of the man Martin Canale, plus it is made to go with the Sabretooth PF also sculpted by the man himself Martin Canale.

I sometimes wonder with all the new blood in the hobby have we forgot that Martin Canale was every bit of a sculptor that Daniel Bel is today when the hobby first started. I'm all in for this brown suited Wolverine PF because of the man Martin Canale, plus it is made to go with the Sabretooth PF also sculpted by the man himself Martin Canale.

Martin Canale is still my favorite sculptor to this day. If I don't buy one of his sculpts it's usually only because I don't care for the character or I don't like the pose on a statue. I know Bel and Harbottle are the current faves at Sideshow, but in my book, Martin Canale is a LEGEND and is still putting out incredible work. His recent Cable and Sabretooth PFs look magnificent. I can't wait to see what he's doing next.

Maybe I should place these photos on this forum too.

Nice pics… I’m a fan of this piece…. I wasn’t at first… like many the pose put me off. But in hand vids have changed my opinion. I love the pose now and contrary to what many say, the pose works and makes sense. He’s ready to come crashing down with both his claws into the neck of Sabertooth.

I get this today or tomorrow and I’m willing to bet I love the pose even more in person.

Nice pics… I’m a fan of this piece…. I wasn’t at first… like many the pose put me off. But in hand vids have changed my opinion. I love the pose now and contrary to what many say, the pose works and makes sense. He’s ready to come crashing down with both his claws into the neck of Sabertooth.

I get this today or tomorrow and I’m willing to bet I love the pose even more in person.
Congrats!

As I've been saying that this piece is a solid piece if you take it for what it's worth. If you have the Sabretooth to match it up with even better as they compliment one another to the fullest. In my minds eye this is how I envision this battle getting ready to take place. The two running through the snowy forest chopping at the bit to they meet one another for an epic clash!

"Get Over Here!"

Congrats!

As I've been saying that this piece is a solid piece if you take it for what it's worth. If you have the Sabretooth to match it up with even better as they compliment one another to the fullest. In my minds eye this is how I envision this battle getting ready to take place. The two running through the snowy forest chopping at the bit to they meet one another for an epic clash!

"Get Over Here!"

Funny thing is… I think it works fine as a stand alone piece also… As good as any other Wolverine piece.

Well I like him.

270135103_465232211644138_3117067647199428726_n.jpg

So my overall thoughts. I think he is well done and dynamic. Is he the perfect Wolverine?? I don't think so. I have yet to find it. I think I would have got the XM version if he was scaled smaller. Much too large to be the Runt that he is. The Logan PF was great, but he looked off in some shots. Best Arms and fist go to that one though. The Yellow suit PF that came out a couple of years ago was very nice. I never had leaning issues, but the piece was a bit boring with the usual Arms back. Plus the suit never appeared in comics. Probably my 3rd fav though. Iron Studios Wolverine was great but that Base was an Eye sore. The first brown suit had iffy head sculpt and really small hands lol. He really does. Those that still have it compare the hands with other PF pieces. The base was the best of all of them though IMO.

This one is up there as one of my favs... BUT only from some angles. From the correct angle he is probably my fav but he can look off from others. I think if his right leg was not so tucked in it would look much better from those angles. Looking up or from the side he is perfect. Has my fav unmasked look also.

270821082_1391866457936077_454563630381546132_n.jpg

271063908_962080941372478_3576332802552876489_n.jpg

271047275_261930502708920_3358947664765695891_n.jpg

270618322_221720376814343_4230098804602522034_n.jpg

270493485_1287232325037416_3242283914554261644_n.jpg

270894394_246399840961612_2686747811752687652_n.jpg

271277608_629327758326360_5048696032791279511_n.jpg

Congrats JAWS! I think I like this more than I should but I just feel this is raging Wolverine for sure always looking for a good fight to entangle himself.

Also, digging those photos that you took as well...(y)

Back