Wizard World OKC 2017 -- Oct 27-29

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been planning to go since it was installed a few months ago. Should be down there sometime in novemeber. Can't wait.

Do it! On the December 2nd they'll be showing The 7th Voyage of Sinbad ($10 a ticket) and you can see the exhibit afterward... but it's the first time a Harryhausen show has been in the US in over 5 years, so I wouldn't expect many chances to see a similar display.

After Kate cancelled, I got my full refund. Glad they were speedy pulling the trigger on refunds, but disappointed I wouldn't get to see her. Maybe in Austin, TX next month.

I’ll see how it goes today, but it’s the same as Tulsa—except it feels like it’s worse. :lol Vendors are meh, artists alley is meh, and hardly any of the guests were there on Friday. All the “big” guests are Saturday and Sunday only. I went through the whole thing yesterday in two hours. If it doesn’t pick up I don’t see any reason for them to come back next year. Even if they do, I won’t be back unless they get some better celebrities.

I’ll see how it goes today, but it’s the same as Tulsa—except it feels like it’s worse. :lol Vendors are meh, artists alley is meh, and hardly any of the guests were there on Friday. All the “big” guests are Saturday and Sunday only. I went through the whole thing yesterday in two hours. If it doesn’t pick up I don’t see any reason for them to come back next year. Even if they do, I won’t be back unless they get some better celebrities.

I’m not surprised. Hope it does pick up. As I’ve stated way too many times, they are charging more for vendors and offering less for guests. I predict WW will significantly downsize to just a handful of shows per year. Hope it picks up.

That's too bad. The lineup seemed sparse this year. Maybe they'll take another crack at tulsa now. I'd take crumby big comic con any day as long as it was closer. lol

Apparently Val won't be doing photo ops now. Signatures but no photos.

I got a signature, but I can’t believe he even stayed to sign anything after cancelling the photo ops. I don’t think he was doing very well at all. Got there for the 2pm signing, they said he was having a medical issue and was taking a break. Didn’t start signing again until 3:30 and wasn’t able to talk—though he was smiling and getting through it.

I ended up not going... I think with the lackluster line-up of guests it just seemed like a waste of $100 for me and my family to go. We enjoyed Tulsa last year, but I was going mostly to get Henry Winkler's autograph and this year nothing from the guests to the panel line-up was interesting.

Looks like they're giving OKC another shot. It's scheduled again for October 2018. Hopefully they'll lock down better guests and get them to actually show up.

Looks like they pulled the plug on OKC this year and are headed back to Tulsa instead. I’ll probably go but find the prices annoying.

I'm actually surprised. I figured if Tulsa and OKC didn't do the numbers they expected, they would just pull out.

They moved the date this year from the end of October to the beginning of September too. I don't know if that will make a difference in attendance, but I'm glad they're not giving up on Oklahoma yet.

Back