Wizard World OKC 2017 -- Oct 27-29

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guest list so far -- Kate Beckinsale!!

I9sHLO3.png

Heard they were planning on rotating Tulsa/OKC every other year.

Conroy only one I'd really like an auto from. That's cool that Beckinsale is coming. She is gorgeous.

I plan on going to the con... none of the guests are a huge draw for me, but I'm sure many will be added.

Yeah, it's a long way til the end of October so another dozen will probably get announced, and a couple of them will cancel. It'd be nice to see more Firefly people added. I'd like to see Summer Glau again, and I still need Morena Baccarin's autograph.

Ernie Hudson and Sam Jones as well. It's starting to take shape. A few things depend on my going this year but I'm liking the lineup so far. Especially Kate. :joy

Kate Beckinsale cancelled. :mad: I was expecting them to announce more guests, but I guess there are too many other conventions going on across the country next weekend. So far, the only person I'm still excited about seeing is Val Kilmer.

I’m not going this year. I kinda figured she wouldn’t come. No insight, just didn’t think she’d be here. Let me know how Val looks. He’d be a cool one to get an auto from. No one else was really interesting to me. Wonder how the vendor selection will be? It was bad last time in Tulsa.

I'm going to try to get Val's autograph and maybe Ray Park's. At this point, I won't be surprised if Kilmer is a last minute cancel too. I really hope the vendors are at least decent. Tulsa's vendor selection went progressively downhill each year, but maybe OKC will be good since it's the first year there. Also, I don't think the Artist Alley line up is that great either. I don't know. It's tough to stay excited for it.

I won't be going this year. I'm usually only mildly interested in the celebs. Mostly go for artists alley. Since thats extremely sparse I don't see a point in going. I'll catch it when and if it comes back to tulsa.

I got tickets for all three days but have a feeling I could have just done one. As it is, I'll miss some of Saturday since SDCC tickets are going up for sale that morning.

Good luck with SDCC tickets! Did you get one of those Conan pops last year?

I didn't get any of them from last year. The only one I really wanted was the Conan Superman from the year before, and I got one. Those things just aren't worth the scalper prices if I don't absolutely love the characters.

I was planning on going... but I'll be honest the show seems pretty meh. None of the guests are drawing me in and so far there hasn't been a good discount on tickets. 2 years ago the single day tickets were like 1/2 off; but $100 just to get in the door (for me, my wife and kid) is kind of a lot since I don't have a strong draw to anything. I still may go, but I'm more in the no camp.

BTW, if you local guys haven't gone yet, the Ray Harryhausen exhibit at the Science Museum is off the charts! I went to the Clash of the Titans screening they had last Friday and saw the exhibit afterward... it was so cool.

Looks like a crappy show without Selene.

Well Conroy would be neat, could have had him sign Batflecks box.

BTW, if you local guys haven't gone yet, the Ray Harryhausen exhibit at the Science Museum is off the charts! I went to the Clash of the Titans screening they had last Friday and saw the exhibit afterward... it was so cool.

Been planning to go since it was installed a few months ago. Should be down there sometime in novemeber. Can't wait.

Back