Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me what happens when you email sideshow. I emailed eu returns and normal returns but they kept bouncing back.

I think one got through but I have had nothing back, should I get an email which is automatically generated?

Ok UPS just "dropped" off my TWK and from the looks of the outer box, I could have sworn it came from Afghanistan!

Okie dokie going in................

Well glad to say my Witch King arrived in perfect condition :clap

To say I was nervous unpacking is an understatement :rotfl

In my case I would say statue was packed superbly even though the outside box was as other folks have said quite light there was no damage to it, all the foam 'supports' inside this box were all in place and the inner boxes were perfect, when I took it out it's final box I put the foam protecting the statue with the end supporting the robes at the top if that makes sense? and gradually and very carefully loosened it and everything came away fine got a bit of a fright that the head, sword arm and hand came away in the bottom part but they were sellotaped in firmly.

In my opinion this statue is much nicer 'in the flesh' the detail is astounding and so far I haven't noticed any problems with paint or joins or anything here (hopefully if I do it right) are some pics!

One more thing I did notice when I went to the door that when the Fed Ex guy went to get the statue out of his van it was the right way up and tucked nicely into the corner so it did seem to me that they had taken some care with it but maybe it was just luck :)

In my case I would say statue was packed superbly even though the outside box was as other folks have said quite light there was no damage to it, all the foam 'supports' inside this box were all in place and the inner boxes were perfect, when I took it out it's final box I put the foam protecting the statue with the end supporting the robes at the top if that makes sense? and gradually and very carefully loosened it and everything came away fine got a bit of a fright that the head, sword arm and hand came away in the bottom part but they were sellotaped in firmly.

In my opinion this statue is much nicer 'in the flesh' the detail is astounding and so far I haven't noticed any problems with paint or joins or anything here (hopefully if I do it right) are some pics!

One more thing I did notice when I went to the door that when the Fed Ex guy went to get the statue out of his van it was the right way up and tucked nicely into the corner so it did seem to me that they had taken some care with it but maybe it was just luck :)

congrats on the safe arrival :hi5:

imo by far better then the original , such a shame so many appear to be arriving damaged due to what must be such poor handling in transit

did you have to pay up front ?

Yes! It's interesting the differences now in the sculpts compared to the majority of my collection which date from the first Sideshow LOTR figures that were released, I've noticed that for example in my original RingWraith on Steed (which in my humble opinion is one of Sideshow's finest) even though it is a beautiful piece the current Witch King/RingWraith statues have really amazing 'frayed robe' details amongst other things on them but maybe this is due to advances in casting or of course it could just be to individual artists interpretations :)

No I didn't have to pay up front so am waiting for I'm sure will be a nice :rotfl bill from Fed Ex!

Glad you got it without any damage, with all of the horror stories going round it is good to see that some are getting through ok! I know how you feel about the unpacking, I was sweating by the time I had finished putting it together, it took some time before I was convinced that there was no damage! In 8 years of collecting I have never known a statue to be so difficult to unpack and assemble but the end result was well worth it, the paint job seems to give it an ethereal glow which is what you would expect from the character and contrasts well with the drab green and black of many of the other statues.

One thing I did notice on the photo's was the gap at the neck, I did the same as Fremen and took the plastic tube out, the head is a bit wobbly but currently experimenting with blu-tack to hold the head in the best-that-I-can-get-it position, seems to be working.......can't help but fuss over it!

GAWD!!! I know exactly what you mean in the unpacking I had to have a glass of my favourite Red before unpacking :rotfl Yes :) it's interesting the gap at the neck thing, visually for me with mine, it doesn't really bother me but I think you're right they could have made it a bit more of a neater fit but mine is not wobbly I think it seems to be as well that some are definitely better than others I would be too scared to drill anything in case I do damage!

The colour is really nice, beautifully subtle in some parts, think I have been really lucky in both the statue itself (there are no flaws I can see) and the painting!

OOH first one thanks :) do most folks on this list (understandably in most cases) go for the Exclusives?

Yeah, that I'm aware of anyways to get the regular. Correct. Most of us get the exclusive first just to have options but if the regular look is the better one we will display it that way. Either way the statue is a darn good one. :hi5:

Cool. So you got a regular then. I think you're the first one. :hi5:

getting mine from a uk dealer means mines a regular , 234 i believe based on what written on the external sideshow box ( nothing on the white box ) and i have no intention of looking under the statue now safe on the shelf ( if you know what i mean )

Back