Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know, not many people have discussed unpacking this beast.

1- i found it easier to have the wave of his robe facing up (open part of styrofoam). that way i could cradle underneath the body to lift it. carefully remove the top half of the styrofoam. remember not to lay the styrofoam half down on the extended head's crown tips. easy way to bust those suckers right off.
2- remove base and set up location.
3- remove body and place on base. be very careful to get a proper hand on the statue without breaking anything off. it's challenging to say the least.
4- the hands, swords and head should be safely taped in place.
5- carefully remove tape, and place the part in the proper place.
6- enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Well, UPS did get my statue and tried to get it to me but NO ONE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT, looks like Monday it will be!

I HATE the thought of having UPS tossing it around some more!!!!!!

no doubt this one will be difficult to receive in one piece. i imagine that will help the price skyrocket since most people have damage and the head post issue. also makes for a secondary purchase nightmare trusting the piece isn't broken or has been previously repaired. i had one loose piece that was not broken but not glued. easy fix. i also have a replacement head coming because of the neck space head post issue. hopefully it will be better than i have.

Looks great and congrats! Glad it made the trip ok. :rock

Thanks Josh! I'm so glad that mine arrived in good condition and no broken pieces. :yess: I wasn't putting my hopes up due to other collectors' experiences, and I was just so pleased that mine didn't require fixing or replacement. I hope the others who received theirs damaged can have it fixed or receive suitable form of compensation so they can enjoy this amazing statue! :)

Grats:wave...With a super bright light or black light or bright flash on him he looks good and lighter otherwise it was still too dark for me...The flash up close makes him look good or more film like...IMHO:wave

Thanks Adolfo! Yeah, lighting can make a lot of difference in the way a statue looks. I like the way you repainted your statue. It made it more film-like, yes. I wouldn't dare repaint mine coz I haven't the talent, I fear I'll mess it up.:(

Here comes the beauty:

aP1090890_zps396885b8.jpg

Very nice pics Petrolos :wave! Thanks for sharing!:clap It's an awesome statue, isn't it? It's even better in person! :clap

Here are a few indoor shots to keep us going while we wait for the black light version.

Screenshot2013-05-10at193050_zps514ac42b.png

Such nice pieces...well done Sideshow. :clap

Very, very nice pictures bill59 :wave! I love both the Ringwraith and Twilight Witch King statues! You are quite a photographer, mate! Awesome shots you got there! :clap

I'm not entirely sure if my statue also has that "gap" that others have been mentioning here. I just slid the metal peg of the head through that hole with the plastic and pushed it in until it could not go any further down. There's still the gap but I thought that's already the seam between the collar and the robe; it would naturally be there because they are essentially two pieces, right?
8725558512_8275b0ca70_h.jpg

Yeah yours is fine, some have a much more pronounced gap there.

Mine arrived today, I need to check it but then out it back in its box to store. This is scary!

that's what I did and twice no less because I had to pull it back out to test the replacement head.
Just make sure you take lots of pics int he box so you know exactly how everything goes, take your time and be gentle. Don't force too hard when you close the styrofoam and you should be fine.

Mine has arrived at my Fed Ex delivery depot (Glasgow, Scotland) and according to them is scheduled for delivery Monday! to say I'm nervous is putting it mildly especially with what appears to be an extremely high ratio of breakages :-( as a matter of interest can any other UK collectors let me know what charges Fed Ex issued and did you have to pay them before delivery? Thanks :)

I think sideshow needs to rethink those cheap, thin cardboard mailers, they don't much except protect the picture box from scratches. I think the double boxing made it worse because the outside box was so flimsy, it made it harder to handle and easily dropped. I don't know, I think sideshow needs to do more on package engineering.

I think sideshow needs to rethink those cheap, thin cardboard mailers, they don't much except protect the picture box from scratches. I think the double boxing made it worse because the outside box was so flimsy, it made it harder to handle and easily dropped. I don't know, I think sideshow needs to do more on package engineering.

i always fill the voids with peanuts or plastic air cells. ss seems to cut corners. after a couple of years, the one swipe clear plastic tape on the brown shipper falls right off.

cheesy.tiff

They could use those double thickness boxes that people use for china when moving. Those things are strong.

Just opened mine and well:

Two pieces of robe broken off.
Some very poor application of robe parts which look very stuck on.
A massive GDP in the neck and to polish it off
A massive chip on the top of the collar!

Not happy

Back