Wish Hot Toys Would Make 1/6 ALIENS Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys developing 1/6 Alien Queen!

We go way back with this, don't we gdb? I'm guessing the price point will be about the same as the PL.

We always kept the faith in Hot Toys' vision! I'm not so sure about the price point. It sounds like Hot Toys tabled the idea originally and I'm guessing the reason was what they thought was a prohibative price point. Now I'm thinking they've rethought was a prohibative price point is.

We always kept the faith in Hot Toys' vision! I'm not so sure about the price point. It sounds like Hot Toys tabled the idea originally and I'm guessing the reason was what they thought was a prohibative price point. Now I'm thinking they've rethought was a prohibative price point is.

I still think they will try to keep it somewhat reasonable. There was talk the PL would be $350 @ TF and some Toysites were floatin that price, I think that was a ploy to condition the market, but Thank God HT set the PL price at a fair price point and still added a Ripley figure.

Anyway, I Do think the $250 price point should hold. Hey, "It's just a piece of plastic". :lol

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Now i REALLY gotta get me the PL!!! And the rest of the Aliens figures.

I just realized how big the Queen might be. The pic below is from the actual models themselves I believe. By looking at it its going to be HUGE. ~30" long, the head alone is as tall as the PL. This is going to be big....

alien_queen.jpg

Looking at this pic makes me realize what a great job Hot Toys did on the Power Loader. Man I love that thing and I am sure I will LOVE the Queen.

Are there any more pics like this one or of this display?

While I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said thusfar, I just want to throw out that we really don't know anything for certain about this.

Are we taking this interview as an official announcement that a 1/6 queen has received the green light and they are going forward with production?

At this point, everything in this thread is pure speculation. All we know is that someone from Hot Toys said that they put the queen "back on the table".

Don't get me wrong. No one wants a 1/6 queen more than me, I just don't want us getting our hopes up until we get some more concrete info.

While I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said thusfar, I just want to throw out that we really don't know anything for certain about this.

Are we taking this interview as an official announcement that a 1/6 queen has received the green light and they are going forward with production?

At this point, everything in this thread is pure speculation. All we know is that someone from Hot Toys said that they put the queen "back on the table".

Don't get me wrong. No one wants a 1/6 queen more than me, I just don't want us getting our hopes up until we get some more concrete info.

you're right. but please let me enjoy this for now:rotfl

Ive pretty much stopped collecting anything but Hot Toys stuff now. I used to get Palisades stuff but im actually selling a few pieces now to slim it down to hot Toys

if this thing is build perfectly to scale it would be ****ing massive! note that in the display pic above the queen is sort of crouched and charging the pl, if it stood up straight it should easily be close to double the pl's height

As Stuntman Mike, all our observations about the Queen are pure speculation at this point, it sure is fun though :lol

Perhaps the Queen could come with a solid base designed like the grated floor of the Hangar Bay, which the Queen can be anchored to for security and stability, though removable to be freestanding if need be. If the stand came packaged in pieces that clip together, it could be made large enough to accomodate the Power Loader too.

The Queens anatomy does create all manner of problems for the HT design team, those long thin legs supporting such a large body and titanic head seems almost unfeasable :rotfl

Making a full sixth-scale Queen B'yich that can stand on her own pins under all that upper body weight will be no easy feat, as everyone has observed. Hot Toys has been pretty innovative with their figure bodies of late. Sideshow even went to them for the newly-designed Hobbit bodies, which really says something. I'll bet the HT design team will find a way to solve the worst of the problems and still manage to put plenty of articulation into her arms and legs without having to make any major sacrifices. At least I sincerely hope so.

I suppose they could use a racheting type joint in her legs that would be strong enough to hold her up without having to keep her in a crouched position all the time. They could probably even use metal reinforcement internally to strengthen the joints. That huge tail of hers could be used to prop her up and help keep her balanced, too. For all any of us know, they've already got it all worked out and are just testing the waters to see how much demand there is for a figure this extraordinary. I think we've done our part here to answer that question for them, and I hope they're listening!:D

I think the main difficulty is not necessarily the articulation on the legs, but actually the balance of weight... the queen's design is very tricky for a "real" creature. Her head crest is way too large, so unless it had hollow "bones" (like the bones on some dinosaurs), it would have a really tough time staying upright.
She's a bit like one of those big bipedal dinos, T.rex or Allosaurus. In order to keep the huge heads balanced they kept the rest of the upper body kinda light (which is not the case with the queen) and had the long tails for balance.
Just look at McF's queen, they had to change the design significantly with big legs, and even so they couldn't keep her balanced, they had to insert metal pins in her feet. Or check out Tsukuda's model, that one is much more accurate, but needs a supporting stand.
My guess is HT will go with a smaller size for the queen and with some significant design changes to make her viable.
But whatever they do, I'm sure they will have to make the head hollow so that the figure doesn't topple over.

Good points made. I was thinking the same thing, but my last post was already getting long. As you said, reducing weight in her head and upper body will no doubt be crucial to the balance issue. If they can keep her head and upper body as light as possible, hollowing certain parts and maybe using lighter materials, while strengthening her primary supports; legs and tail, they might be able to make her so she can assume certain poses without always needing a stand for support. Having a large, flexible tail should help a lot. I hope they don't decide to scale her down, though. Somehow I don't think they'll resort to that.

You know... it's not like HOT TOYS doesn't know what they're doing.
I mean, they HAVE made a Queen alien before.
(here is a pic of mine from the Snap-Kits series)
Picture085.jpg

(sidenote: that's not the original base)

I think they will do about the same for the 1/6th alien Queen. Same type of base/stand. The sculpt will be different, but all that's needed when it comes to design would be a little tweaking here and there.

Sorry about the size of this pic. It's linked from and to the Hot Toys website.
Too lazy to fix it. :eek:

Man, I forgot all about the Snap Kits Queen. If worse comes to worse, they could just blow up the Snap Kits Queen and I'll still buy it....

How come the AVP Queen is so much larger than the Aliens Queen?

Is the Queen asexual (able to reproduce by herself)? Or does she mate with her drones, or is there like a King Alien?

Another continuity error by Anderson. Apparently AVP is full of them, unfortunately.

The only reason I'll get the Queen is for my Predators and Aliens, wasn't really interested in the PL anyway...

@Pineapple: Yes, she's able to reproduce by herself. She's attached to a giant eggsac(Which she can detach from if need be) with helps her produce all the eggs, though she can still produce them without the eggsac but at a slower rate.

Man, I forgot all about the Snap Kits Queen. If worse comes to worse, they could just blow up the Snap Kits Queen and I'll still buy it....

Cause its a different Queen. And she kicks ass!!

She's a lot older, so I don't see why she shouldn't be a tad larger. Also, she might be from a different "race"... if the alien species had different "races".
Drones and warriors do seem to have a fixed size, but this is only the third queen (and the second being a mutation) we've seen.

I like the Aliens Queen more, the AVP queen looked like a raging dinosaur lol.

And whats this whole concept about and empress?

Back