Wish Hot Toys Would Make 1/6 ALIENS Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys developing 1/6 Alien Queen!

Them leaking this information in a casual interview simply means that they have this piece slightly more than in development. I guarantee we'll see it in 2008.....I can't wait. I don't have any Aliens in my collection but can't go wrong starting with the Queen!!

Them leaking this information in a casual interview simply means that they have this piece slightly more than in development. I guarantee we'll see it in 2008.....I can't wait. I don't have any Aliens in my collection but can't go wrong starting with the Queen!!

This has been in development for over a year, since before they started designing the PL, which is the obvious companion piece. They just hadn't figured it out. Saying because the PL sold well they are developing it is BS, stalling for time as WG said. Hey, I'm not complaining, the legs on this are very long and thin and it has to support a heavy body, head and so forth so they just needed more time to get it to work.

I think they may end up going with a crouching Queen to work out the kinks, scale wise, PL wise and balance wise. :D

Mike, it's time you start building up that hive with Aliens warriors...

Actually, I'm a bit surprised HT haven't released a battle-damaged warrior yet. It's a no-brainer and much more interesting than the brown warrior. They could even do a couple with different types of scars/damage in limited editions.

Holy Sweet Mother of God.

All I can say is I hope SSc sells it, and puts it on flex-pay.

I think the Queen has been in development for a while like some other people have been saying...but whether it was "green-lit" was certainly contingent on the Power Loader's sales.

I estimate the Queen will be around the same price of the Power Loader, maybe even a little more expensive because she will be larger...however, the Queen will not have all the dynamic joints that the Power Loader has.

Still it will be a great effort and I'm interested to see how Hot Toys will push their design team to get both a lot of articulation BUT also keep the stability as the Queen will obviously be "top-heavy". I won't be surprised if they end up developing a unique stand for her as well.

I wonder if they'll have an inner mouth within the head of the Queen since the head moves separately than her big crest. I'm sure they'll also fill out the arm articulation and maybe even make the small arms moveable at the elbows and wrists too. But once they get to the legs it might start getting tricky...especially since the Queen has two knees on each leg (I'm not familiar on what this type of leg shape is called) and a lot of the weight and stability is going to be relying on legs that look like they can't carry the figure's weight.

If anyone can figure out a way...I'm sure it's Hot Toys!

This is the lead-in news to test the waters!

They got this bi-yatch on the table already. Must be some engineering issues so they're releasing this news as a stall. Maybe they're racing to make their Toyfair debut so they're leaking this.

Well, knowing Hot Toys and engineering, I'm sure the real challenge with the queen is how do they design the figure for maximum stability while also maximizing articulation. Given her mass and weight distribution, I'd wager maybe a more statuesque pair of legs and hips to provide a stable base of sorts, then articulate the hell out of the upper body. That's the biggest potential problem, especially after all the people reporting ALIENS warriors that wouldn't stand up, if they couldn't then the Queen really has to be thought out to avoid the same issue. If she can't stand, she'll only work holding onto the PL for support, and for anyone that'd get the queen but never have the PL, that leaves them stuck.

She'll have to work first and foremost with the PL so I doubt we'll see a totally upright design with this fig. Her leg base will HAVE to support her weight... that means spread out a bit and because she is a companion piece to the PL will have to sustain battle poses with it. That's why I think form will follow function here and the function is to battle the PL. Most of that was done hunched over....

...which is why I think she'll work best with a Crouching Design.

I may not have championed it as much as pjam or Wor-Gar but I always knew it was a matter of time. The queen is gonna be goddamn pricey and goddamn worth it! And Bee Eye Gee BIG!

Last edited:

Hot Toys is without a doubt leading the 1/6 market. I will SOOOOO be getting the 1/6 Queen!!!!!

Hot Toys :bow :bow :bow

got my aliens queen piggy bank already started. dropped a ten into it tonight. im guessing at the $280-300 range (if not more).

Knew this was coming. Called it yesterday or whenever. A no-brainer! Good for HT!
And yeah, saving already. Something's getting cancelled! Flexpay, here I come! Again!

I just realized how big the Queen might be. The pic below is from the actual models themselves I believe. By looking at it its going to be HUGE. ~30" long, the head alone is as tall as the PL. This is going to be big....

alien_queen.jpg

alien_queen.jpg

I have seen this pic too Pineapple, I believe it was from a Museum display in the late 80s. And I also think this may demonstate how HT will design this piece for poseability so that she can interact with the PL. It may not be true 6th scale but it will certainly achieve this pose, it pretty much has to. I'm now thinking HT may have to use lock/turn hip joints to make this thing stable. I wouldn't be surprised if the HT Design team used this pic for reference:D

I may not have championed it as much as pjam or Wor-Gar but I always knew it was a matter of time. The queen is gonna be goddamn pricey and goddamn worth it! And Bee Eye Gee BIG!

We go way back with this, don't we gdb? I'm guessing the price point will be about the same as the PL.

Last edited:

alien_queen.jpg

My guess is, based on this image, if the aim is to achieve a pose like this, both legs will be frontward bent like the left leg is in this display, and like I said before, the legs and hips will likely have limited articulation to support the body.

Back