Willow season 4/5 prep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been working on a new Willow head to replace the Dopplegangland Willow for awhile now. Finally got one to the point I'd consider possibly done (heh). Also got a base for an older Willow done. I'm going to try a short hair version from season 4 or 5. Anybody got any suggestions (i.e., a specific episode from 4 or 5)?

If these work out I'll post pics.

Thanks.

Really looking forward to seeing these. Will you be offering casts? Some suggestions ...

Season 4: Hush, New Moon Rising
Season 5: Tough Love, The Gift

Personally, I'd love to see a dark witch Willow from season 6.

Last edited:
The female cast members' hair varied so much episode to episode, that it really comes down to what looks best on a figure. I suppose key episodes like Hush or New Moon Rising make a lot of sense.

I hope you will offer these heads for sale too. I would buy any good Willow sculpt.

I liked when her hair was spikey at the ends, if that's the term. Or when she had a few curls in her hair, in late season 5. I didn't like the short straight hair, it was a bit dull.

-EDIT

I found a few pics
https://pics.livejournal.com/cleverestrose/pic/000qpzhq
https://images1.fanpop.com/images/i...-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-1264436_450_329.jpg
https://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/523000/523875_1282669599364_full.jpg
https://content8.flixster.com/question/38/88/54/3888542_std.jpg

Btw, I would be willing to buy a few heads.

Last edited:
I use a cheap solution to brigde the time gap until a better Willow head is (hopefully) available - a simple robe.

First, thanks for the suggestions to those who posted, they were helpful.

STF88 – Oops. I actually did the regular flip one before you posted, circa New Moon Rising. But thanks a lot for the reference shots. I agree, I like the short curly look when her character was growing out of the season 1-3 geek-cute to just regular cute and will try that soon. I don’t have a wide and varied stock of female bodies to experiment with an attachment system and I think the base Sideshow short female Art S Buck body is a good match to Alyson Hannigan height and build-wise, so I personally plan to stick with that one. Problem with it is the neck is very skinny, and that shows with the short hair.

I’m still experimenting with lengths and exposed and covered ears. I definitely will be making a replacement for the Dopplegangland head, because other than the head, the rest of that kit is pretty good and can still be found on clearance with no problem. I myself have about 4 boxed DGL Willows waiting for new heads so I’ll probably prioritize that one first.

I have one DGL Willow I’m happy with, but I need to paint it to see if it needs more work.

I have a painted NMR-style head, covered ears. I’m not 100% happy with it but I’ll take pictures and update the thread hopefully sometime this weekend.

Preview.

xIMG_3772x.jpg

Actually changed it a bit since, and painted it. I really can't photograph well. I'll try to work on it a little more tomorrow and have updated photos up Sunday.

Sorry for the delay. I only work on this project on weekends (regular soul-sucking 9-to-5 plus 1-hour commute every weekday), so if I don’t finish something by Sunday afternoon, it has to sit till the next weekend.

Anyway, I have the first two samples painted, a short hair/ears covered (c. NMR) and long hair/ears exposed (c. DGL)

xIMG_4077.jpg

Any suggestions for tweaking or for what you’d like me to try next? I'm open to suggestions.

Binky

These are looking really good, especially the short-haired version. If I could offer one suggestion, I think her nose might be a touch large.

Thanks. Yeah, still tweaking the face. She has that weird cleft thing going and the tip of her nose isn't right. She really is a hard one to capture. I added more hair to cover the ears on the long-haired one, it looks better now, more narrow. Will take new pictures over the weekend. Thanks for the comments.

Wow, just went to look at my reference sheet again, and you are absolutely right, jon. I think you meant her nose is too long (although the tip/nostrils are too large too as a result). It's funny how you can work off reference shots for hours and not notice something like that. It'll take some major reworking, but I am determined to have my perfect Willow action figure, so back to it I guess. I'll post up when I come up with a decent sample. Thanks.

Wow, just went to look at my reference sheet again, and you are absolutely right, jon. I think you meant her nose is too long (although the tip/nostrils are too large too as a result). It's funny how you can work off reference shots for hours and not notice something like that. It'll take some major reworking, but I am determined to have my perfect Willow action figure, so back to it I guess. I'll post up when I come up with a decent sample. Thanks.

Yes, I think too long is exactly it.

I hope you make a perfect Willow action figure, so that I can, too!

Did some more tweaking. I feel like I'm getting close but it's so hard to tell. Constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks.

Willow-composite-11-11-11-72x.jpg

So studying your sculpt next to a picture of Alyson Hannigan, there is just a bit too much fullness in the face at the cheeks and the chin seems a tad broad.

I hope that helps. You are almost there and I am impressed.

Back