Willow season 4/5 prep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated 2-11-12

Updated 2-11-12

Shortened the face and worked on the cheeks.

WIL-06X.jpg

I have no idea how to photograph this indoors without the light getting absorbed by the paint and washing out all the texture. I think it looks great in person, then I look at the photos and everything seems flat. These are the best photos I came up with, and the shadows and blurriness kill the detail on the nose and mouth. Sorry.

WIL-07X.jpg

WIL-08X.jpg

Hey SP,

I am still tweaking the sculpt but if it comes out well, yes, the plan is to make copies available. At my usual pace, that should be sometime in June.

J/K. I actually already have copies cast. I'm going to try to squeeze in painting up a couple over the weekend, so I'll have a couple painted and some raw or just primed. Should be back with better pictures in a week or so.

Thanks for the bump!

binky

Here is the update I promised, just a little late (pretty good for me). I have 4 pieces available in this run. Two are primed, and two are painted and clear-coated (Testors Acryl (acrylic)). The primed heads are finished with Testors Acryl skin tone warm (a dark, flat, almost swarthy reddish flesh tone). All heads have been pre-drilled to fit on a SS Buck body, as these are still widely available, match the old Buffy figures, and are a pretty good match physique-wise to Willow. They have been rough-drilled, meaning, I drilled them tight - you will likely need to drill them out a little more to fit on your Buck without popping a blood vessel in your temple.

However, if you do prefer a non-drilled and/or unprimed (raw resin) head, let me know, the mold can support a few more casts, the only issue is I might need to order more resin so currently I am on the dregs of my existing supply, and the quality is hit and miss, so there might be a one-to-two week delay to get a new batch of resin.

This is a small run because I am moving on to different hairstyles, so more Willows may be coming (and suggestions still welcome).

Prices:

* Unpainted (primed or raw) - $22.50 shipped worldwide
* Painted - $35.00 shipped worldwide

If you bought a Willow (Vampire) or a Gunn head from me previously, take off $2.50 for an unpainted head or $3.00 off a painted head.

Same as before, I make these to order and you don’t PP me any funds until I PM you it’s done, packed, and ready to ship. You can PP as normal purchase or friend to friend, no gift payments necessary. The 4 that are ready to go:

4-Wils4-5-03.jpg

4-Wils4-5-06.jpg

4-Wils4-5-07.jpg

4-Wils4-5-08.jpg

4-Wils4-5-09.jpg

4-Wils4-5-11.jpg

Thanks,

binky

Thanks for the comments, all.

I finished a couple more, so 2 painted and 3 primed are available and that will be it. I am moving on to a different Willow so this one is closing.

A grinning one. Then decide on a hairstyle.

Ideally, if I had a week of uninterrupted vacation time or suddenly became independently wealthy and could retire while I still have some eye-hand coordination, I would take a shot at:

Dopplegangland Willow replacement
Tara (hair up)
Faith replacement
Xena/Gabrielle
Anya
Fred

In that order. But I'd probably never get past Tara at my current pace.

It's embarrassing to admit it but I lost the head. I normally work on these things whenever I get a chance, so I tend to put them in my pocket or leave them on a side table, then they go missing for days at a time until I do my laundry (hopefully before it gets in the wash) or clean out my sofa and find them in between cushions. But I never found the Wes.

I think I still have the reference sheets somewhere tho, so I can always start over. Eventually. LOL.

Aww thats a shame. Well post up some photos If you ever do get around to remaking him. :)

Binky, you meet your PM storage quota so I'm posting here instead, regarding the Dark Willow request:

I now see that the hair doesn't fit Dark Willow very well. If you're willing, could you possibly shave down the hair, paint it dark Willow like so I could use self hardening clay and make the hair on my own? I'm not good at customizing, but I think I could do the Dark Willow hair style and paint it on my own(just one color after all).

If you're willing, how much would that cost?

Hi! Yeah, I need to fix my mb. Sorry about that. But you caught me at a good time. I've been off since Thursday and getting some good sculpting and painting time in, so I'm in the right frame of mind. The first Willow I did (Vampire) would probably be a little easier to adapt and has a more appropriate expression, and it's no big deal to at least try. Do you have a screen shot of the stage you are looking for (i.e., full on black, or one of the transitional stages?) That'd be helpful.

Last edited:
Back