Will Episode VII speed up Sideshow's release of core characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger9

Super Freak
Reaction score
Before the announcement of Episode VII the live action series had been shelved indefinitely, and apart from the clone wars series, which had about 3 series left, there were no mainstream Star Wars projects on the horizon. It made sense for Sideshow to spread out the release of popular characters to prolonge the life of the line.

However, now that we have at least 3 more films that will run from 2015 to 2021 and beyond, there are going to be hundreds of potential new characters coming, as well as a whole new batch of collectors.

To me it makes sense to bring forward the core characters, particularly those that will definitely not be appearing in the ST, in order to clear space for ST 1/6 figures.

I'm looking particularly at
TPM Padme
Jar Jar
Nute Gunray
AOTC Anakin
Jango
Dooku
Zam Wessel
AOTC Padme
Grievous
Tarkin

Last edited:
You are the first person to ever list Jar Jar, Nute Gunray and Zam Wessel as core characters.

Hopefully these (No Particular order)
Jar Jar
Dooku
Grievous
Arena Padme
Jango
Ashoka
Tarkin

However I doubt it, just like there are OT only fans and Saga(OT+PT), there will be OT only fans, Lucas Saga Fans (OT+PT), and Disney Saga Fans(OT+PT+ST)
IF they were to put out all of the characters some want then the business from those customers would end.

Jar Jar? Never...

I think we can all agree, that he will NEVER see the light of day from Sideshow.

But yes, the new films should force releases of core characters. Like Chewbacca, C3po, R2D2, Jawa's, Lando from Jabba's Palace, New Luke, Leia, Han.... PT.... Maybe Queen Amidall in a over the top dress, Dooku, Greivous, Jango, and Young Ani...

No joke. They crawl at their own pace and kill any momentum lines have.

Of that list, I'll buy.

AOTC Anakin
Jango
Dooku
AOTC Padme
Grievous
Tarkin

No joke. They crawl at their own pace and kill any momentum lines have.

Of that list, I'll buy.

AOTC Anakin
Jango
Dooku
AOTC Padme
Grievous
Tarkin

Yup that is pretty much all that remains on my list, except maybe for TPM Anakin. I would like that whiney little *****.

I don't think the new trilogy will convince Sideshow to rush the remaining (main) characters from either OT, PT or even EU. Actually, i believe they may see the release of the new movies as an opportunity to reinvigorate their Star Wars line. Waiting for Star Wars to get some media attention again sounds lke a good strategy, assuming they still have the licence, to get back to full speed (larger edition sizes, more references) with new and former customers returning.
IMO, we shouldn't expect a change in pace with announcements and releases before the sequel goes into production and excitment builds-up within the fans community

Before the announcement of Episode VII the live action series had been shelved indefinitely, and apart from the clone wars series, which had about 3 series left, there were no mainstream Star Wars projects on the horizon. It made sense for Sideshow to spread out the release of popular characters to prolonge the life of the line.

However, now that we have at least 3 more films that will run from 2015 to 2021 and beyond, there are going to be hundreds of potential new characters coming, as well as a whole new batch of collectors.

To me it makes sense to bring forward the core characters, particularly those that will definitely not be appearing in the ST, in order to clear space for ST 1/6 figures.

I'm looking particularly at
TPM Padme
Jar Jar
Nute Gunray
AOTC Anakin
Jango
Dooku
Zam Wessel
AOTC Padme
Grievous
Tarkin

Man, for me, that's a terrible list. The ones in bold are the only ones worth buying. And Jango is only a maybe. :lol

I think it will have all of the following effects:

-Alter time
-Speed up the harvest
-and teleport me off this rock

When the quality of the figures went up, the production line process seemed to slow down...I don't mind slow if that means quality, but they are really, really slow

Jango and Grievous are no brainer must haves for me!

But... with SSC track record on human figures... I'm afraid I'd only be very interested in Dooku!

Not intrested in Prequal characters other than Maul, and Jango. I guess I am an original trilogy kinda guy when it comes to figures.

Jar Jar.............please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, for me, that's a terrible list. The ones in bold are the only ones worth buying. And Jango is only a maybe. :lol
Theed battle Padme is actually a figure I'm pining for HT to make - it's the one & only high end 1/6 SW Natalie, I'd want. :lecture

But yeah - Jango & pretty much nothing else on that initial list of Smudgy's for me. :lol

Back