Why there is no highend star trek enterprise models?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
You did think we be tripping over them by now, considering how popular the star trek franchise is. I find it hard to believe after so many years there is still no commercially produced highend star trek enterprise (any version) studio accurate models.

Star war is lacking as well but at least they have some from master replicas, efx and code 3.

Why no love for star trek? I would pay a lot of money for a quality uss enterprise model, imagine all the lights coming on/flashing etc..it would be epic.

PS if i am wrong, happy to see the pictures!

It would definitely be something special when a company does decide to do a high end Enterprise, A, D, and a voyager model.

Bandai produced a few pretty amazing model kits of the 1701, A and E. Very detailed and with light up features.
The only problem was they have to be built however no glue required and pre-painted too. The Aztec pattern on the hull was amazing.
Just a bit sad they never made the 1701-D and my all time favourite, the Excelsior :(

Bandai produced a few pretty amazing model kits of the 1701, A and E. Very detailed and with light up features.
The only problem was they have to be built however no glue required and pre-painted too. The Aztec pattern on the hull was amazing.
Just a bit sad they never made the 1701-D and my all time favourite, the Excelsior :(

sorry i dont consider little kids plastic toys highend collector models :(

Master Replicas did release TOS Enterprise. I have a friend who owns one. It's about three feet long. They had plans to produce TMP version but went out of business.

A company called QMX is going to sell a $5k TMP model with lights and professional paint based on the polar lights kit.
discussion thread at RPF:
https://www.therpf.com/f11/qmx-enterprise-90403/

There are a lot of the MR TOS Enterprises around - I have one. Great model! Several listings on ebay have completed in the past few weeks, but none is currently going.

I always thought HT or SS would of done some figures/statues when JJ done the latest film being that it has such a huge following :dunno

sorry i dont consider little kids plastic toys highend collector models :(

Guy, i have the Bandai Enterprise Refit(1st release),Enterprise E and the Voyager kit..far far from being toys..these are prepainted models with lights and they look fantastic.

11go7jr.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought HT or SS would of done some figures/statues when JJ done the latest film being that it has such a huge following :dunno

I would have totally bought Kirk and Spock, at least.

Just rewatched Trekkies the other day with the gf (she's never seen it). Great movie...

There are a lot of the MR TOS Enterprises around - I have one. Great model! Several listings on ebay have completed in the past few weeks, but none is currently going.

hi do you know the max width of this? does it fit inside an 18" depth curio? thanks

The same reason why there is no LEGO STAR TREK.

;)

Seriously though . . . I recollect seeing something on a Japanese hobby site some time back about a high end model kit of the original Enterprise with lighting, etc., but I could be mistaken.

I have The Master Replicas TOS Enterprise as well. They released several editions of this. I have the signature edition with the crews signitures. They also released an edition with just Shatner and Nemoy's signature I believe and a non-signature edition. This is very good.

Doesn't SSC have the rights to at least some ST merchandise? They did offer up a Seven of Nine PF statue awhile back...would love to see SS crank out some more high end ST product. Playmates doing ST is absolutely the wrong approach, the quality is lacking and kids don't buy ST. It's adults with money who want this for displays. Either SS or HT could do GREAT things in 1/6 scale and SSC could make Enterprise models, environments, and PF stuff. I think if they focused on TOS, TNG, (both have the nostalgia factor) and J.J's reboot (because it's fresh and exciting), they'd have success.

Doesn't SSC have the rights to at least some ST merchandise? They did offer up a Seven of Nine PF statue awhile back...would love to see SS crank out some more high end ST product.

I doubt they still hold any ST license; considering the length of time since they have produced anything. I could be wrong.

Are you aware of Aoshima's Enterprise D due out soon?

DST showed it off at SDCC and it looked amazing. I had preordered long before that though, since I love TNG (although not as much as DS9). I think it eclipses even Hot Toys' Sweeney Todd as my most anticipated purchase this year.

Now give us a Romulan Warbird and Defiant!

I would really like a Klingon Bird of Prey in a larger size than Micromachines, Furuta or Hot Wheels. If Studio Scale then even better.

Back