Why Firefly/Serenity would be a worthy line to sell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go for a sixth scale line. I probably would get everyone. I would also go for a 1:4 PF but I don't think it's gonna happen.

The Sci-Fi Channel is sure getting a lot of mileage from these Firefly marathons. Why can't they offer Joss Whedon a port for NEW episodes of Firefly? :rolleyes:

They seem to have the cash to bank roll their Battlestar series, why not some Serenity? :confused:

I just heard that Joss Whedon wants to start Firefly back up!!!
Apparently its in a interview and Joss sed he wants everything to cool down before that would happen. He also sed maybe a tv movie.:D :D :D

Just saw that Firefly is one of the TV shows being offered for ipod - $4.99 for a package of episodes.

Come on SSC - you know you wanna!

BDboystoys said:
I just heard that Joss Whedon wants to start Firefly back up!!!
Apparently its in a interview and Joss sed he wants everything to cool down before that would happen. He also sed maybe a tv movie.:D :D :D

Where did you hear that? The only thing I read concerning this subject was an Entertainment Weekly blurb with the title "Adidos, Firefly" where he states that the film Serenity is the end of Firefly... that the movie didn't do enough to warrant anymore films. It is interesting that he said this on the eve of the Serenity DVD release.

It is also stated that a Spike direct to DVD movie is in the works. IF Spike, why not Serenity as well?

here it is~

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=17800

Quote: A sequel's unlikely," Whedon told Empire with a note of clear regret, "but it's amazing what permutations of something can happen." But if not a theatrical encore, that leaves... yes, you guessed it, a possible return to the smaller screen. "As long as I was able to service the characters with integrity and had enough money so that I wasn't hampered, then I would love to return Serenity to TV. I love that universe; it continues and those characters live on. There could be a series, there could be a miniseries, there could be all sorts of things. I'm not ruling anything out. I'll let it simmer for a while and see if anyone calls."

Battlestar Galactica is co-financed by a tv channel in the UK, I think. I don't believe SciFi channel could afford to fund it all by themselves(well, they probably could AFFORD to, but they probably wouldn't spend the money).

Thanks for the info, Bluesparrow... I didn't know that Sci-FI Channel had a partner in their Battlestar, It makes sense. Even though I have only seen the miniseries, the show looks pretty expensive.

And thanks for the link BD... it's good to hear from the horse mouth.

As Homer said "Now we play the waiting game... ah, the waiting game SUCKS, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!"

Last edited:
Sci-fi wouldn't fund the critically acclaimed, but low rated Farscape, so I don't see them being Firefly's sugar daddy. Battlestar operates at a HUGE deficit with Sci-fi only funding a small fraction. Some complicated and creative financing would have to happen for new Firefly to end up on Sci-Fi.

a new firefly show would be great... i never watched the show until after serenity came out then i HAD to watch the show. i was really dissapointed on how they let the show die like that.

---SCI-FI is very weird how they pick their shows, look what they kept doing with stargate sg-1. it was originally a HBO (or showtime, cant remember) show, then it went to public broadcast, then sci-fi picked it up, canceled it, changed their minds, and are now talking about cancelling it again even though they have another stargate show going as well. out of all the current shows SG-1 was the last one to be renewd for another season while Atlantis and Battlestar were signed first.

I’d definitely be interested in a 1/6th line. I also agree that the Brown Coats would come out in full force to support a Firefly line of SS products.

WetaWork said:
I’d definitely be interested in a 1/6th line. I also agree that the Brown Coats would come out in full force to support a Firefly line of SS products.
I would be there.

ok , I just said in another topic, but it fits here better..

I would LOVE to see a good Firefly line! I really dislike most of the 12" line from SS.. I'm always amazed to see how popular they are with a lot of ppl. Then again, the pricetag in the US is so totally different than in Europe.

Me , I would love to see a (GOOD) 1/4 PF line! a Great Jayne (an excl with that hat ofcourse!) and an Inara for starters! Damn that would be awesome! But if they're going to do them like they do (did?) the Star Trek line. then I say, leave it! :mad:

Xeno said:
ok , I just said in another topic, but it fits here better..

I would LOVE to see a good Firefly line! I really dislike most of the 12" line from SS.. I'm always amazed to see how popular they are with a lot of ppl. Then again, the pricetag in the US is so totally different than in Europe.

Me , I would love to see a (GOOD) 1/4 PF line! a Great Jayne (an excl with that hat ofcourse!) and an Inara for starters! Damn that would be awesome! But if they're going to do them like they do (did?) the Star Trek line. then I say, leave it! :mad:

Welcome to the Freak Board Xeno! It's always great to see new people join the board.:joy :joy :joy

Having said that... what's up with the negative? Or more importantly, what made you a fan of SIdeshow for you to join the group?

I'm actually a fan of most of Sideshow's 12" work.. Did you see that new Angel head? STUNNING. And I've been VERY impressed with the unfolding "Star Wars" line.

And, of course... I LOVE DA APES!!!:banana :banana :banana

Hi, thank you for the welcoming word. :)

The negative part is just a personal opinion. No disrespect meant. I'm just much more of a "statue" kind of collector than an action figure/doll collector. I just like statues better. No fiddling with stands or trying to find a good way to let it stand up right etc.. Especially when the arms and/or legs are bare.. man those articulation points.. ugly as hell .. sorry.. ;)

I'm from Europe and the pricetags on those collectibles are probably 40-50% higher than the regular USD$ pirce I think.. And I have the general idea that in Europe those 12" line is a little less popular. Again, perhaps because of the prices. This is all speculation of my part btw, I could be totally wrong.

And why I joined? Mainly because I saw a Serenity/Firefly topic. ;) I'm trying to stay on the board but it's so darn huge to get through! :google :)

so.. next topic it is. ;)

(oh btw, I do have some action figures , I don''t "hate " them.. ;) )

Well, I must say that my heart sank when I read the transcript from a talk with SS Head Honcho Tom Gilliland concerning Firefly:

SSC Tom - There are a lot of Firefly fans here, but that doesn't always relate to what we end up needing to do.

OUCH!:horror

So a SDCC announcement of a full 12" line of Firefly figures ISN'T HAPPENING?!?!?!:banghead :banghead :banghead

Time to continue the waiting game.:sick

It's strange that some of the things that Sideshow end up "needing to do" is that Tremors Graboid and that Reign of Fire bust. Am I the only one who thinks that a sculpture of dragon that doesn't include the rest of the body, specifically "the wings" seems somewhat pointless? If we were to get ONLY the head of a dragon, I think that the dragon in Dragonslayer has a far more dramatic look. Why was this Reign of Fire dragon head attempted? Here's Tom's answer:

SSC Tom - Reign of Fire was done because our good friend/sculptor Miles Teves did the design for the film.

So that is the answer! Someone who worked on either Firefly or Serenity MUST apply at Sideshow! Please SOMEONE!!! ANYONE!!! Do it for the well being of all those Firefly/Serenity collectors (who choked on those ghastly 6" movie figures) that NEED proper representation in the marketplace... specifically the 1:6 marketplace! :D

Last edited:
Here, Here PZ!!!
I agree completely. Maybe we can get Whedon to work part time at Sideshow being as it seems the already fruitful working relationship they have is not enough to get Firefly underway in 1:6. Does that mean that Whedon is not a "good friend" like Miles Teves? It also still doesn't explain that Graboid either. :google

Back