Why Firefly/Serenity would be a worthy line to sell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman1188 said:
Here, Here PZ!!!
I agree completely. Maybe we can get Whedon to work part time at Sideshow being as it seems the already fruitful working relationship they have is not enough to get Firefly underway in 1:6. Does that mean that Whedon is not a "good friend" like Miles Teves? It also still doesn't explain that Graboid either. :google

See... this TOTALLY blows me away. Their Buffy line has been VERY successful. The Angel line has started off VERY strong with the quick sellout of the exclusive version of Angel... maybe not Mace Windu quick or even Aragorn quick but it was impressive nevertheless. Why can't they trust in the Whedon fan base? I would wager that the Firefly/Serentiy line would actually be MORE popular! There is no competition for the Firefly fan dollar... no continuing line of busts or 6" figures (I'm NOT counting those 6" Serenity abominations) as there is for Buffy and Angel.

According to the Toy Fair reports, all that it planned for Serenity is a Christmas ornament and a lighter. :horror

Sideshow... THE FIELD IS WIDE OPEN BABY!!!:naughty :D :naughty :D

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
See... this TOTALLY blows me away. Their Buffy line has been VERY successful. The Angel line has started off VERY strong with the quick sellout of the exclusive version of Angel... maybe not Mace Windu quick or even Aragorn quick but it was impressive nevertheless. Why can't they trust in the Whedon fan base? I would wager that the Firefly/Serentiy line would actually be MORE popular! There is no competition for the Firefly fan dollar... no continuing line of busts or 6" figures (I'm NOT counting those 6" Serenity abominations) as there is for Buffy and Angel.

According to the Toy Fair reports, all that it planned for Serenity is a Christmas ornament and a lighter. :horror

Sideshow... THE FIELD IS WIDE OPEN BABY!!!:naughty :D :naughty :D

This surprises me as well. I know for a fact that a lot of Whedon fans would jump all over a Sideshow Serenity line. This would probably sell even better than the Buffy/Angel line. Darkhorse comics was stunned at how well the Serenity comics sold, it went way beyond their expectations. Here's a quote from a Q&A they did awhile ago:

NRAMA: In your eyes, what book (or books) proved to be the biggest surprise success of ’05? Conversely, what book(s) do you feel might have slipped through the cracks and were/are deserving of a little extra attention?

SA: Serenity did better than we imagined. We knew it would do well, but we weren’t prepared for that level of success, reprinting the first issue twice within a month… and it just kept going.

And the graphic novel for this series was their top selling book this past January selling a whopping 8,000+ copies. And Serenity is still in the top 25 of Amazons Top Sellers list over three months after it was officially released.

Serenity/Firefly had at least as large if not a larger number of fans as did BtVS, the dvd sales for the series is still selling strong and has been amongst Amazons top sellers list since it's been released three years ago so I think there is definitely a market out there for fans of this show. I hope Sideshow realizes this and takes advantage of this fan base because we really, really want to be taken advantage of.

I also just noticed that this month Firefly is still in the top 5 of best-selling TV on DVD sets. (Or back in the top 5). It's been how many months since it came out?

Darklord Dave said:
I also just noticed that this month Firefly is still in the top 5 of best-selling TV on DVD sets. (Or back in the top 5). It's been how many months since it came out?

It was released three years ago so that is very impressive that it is still selling as well as it is and shows that it's audience is increasing more and more.

I think if Sideshow gave this line a chance they'd be quite surprised at the response they'd get. I believe this line would do even better than the Buffyline imo.

Back