Who lives in Australia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greeting Fellow Freaks :wave

I live in Adelaide and while I have been on the boards for a couple of years now...as you can see (by my post count) I don't exactly chime in that often.

Anywho, I thought that this thread definitely needed a bump to shake out anymore Aussies that peruse the board!

Always wanted to visit Australia since I was little. All because of this book.

alexander_bad_day.jpg

I will get there someday before I die. Its so expensive coming from the middle of the US. Aussie brothers what part of Aus would be the best to visit/vacation? Id like to stay away from all the killer animals insects ect I hear so much about.

Hey guys,
I need your help. I've found a good deal from a boardie on a sideshow statue. It will be shipping from the U.S. I' ve been told that anything under 1000$AU does not pass through customs. So if he declares the value at 999$ and below it should be good, correct? Is there anything else I should be careful of? Is it better to send it with USPS or UPS/FEDEX?

Thanks again!

Sent from my Note II

Hey guys,
I need your help. I've found a good deal from a boardie on a sideshow statue. It will be shipping from the U.S. I' ve been told that anything under 1000$AU does not pass through customs. So if he declares the value at 999$ and below it should be good, correct? Is there anything else I should be careful of? Is it better to send it with USPS or UPS/FEDEX?

Thanks again!

Sent from my Note II

Everything passes through customs. The $1000 mentioned is the tax-free threshold, under which imports do not attract any taxes or duties. Never had any problems from any carriers, so I can't comment on which shipping service you opt for.

BEWARE OF COLLECTOYBLES!!!!!!
A couple of years back I had a bad experience with this guy. I ordered $300 worth of goods which I almost didn't get back. It took me about 2 years to get the money back...eventually. I ended up contacting Australian Consumer Affairs (who resolved the situation) after being told time and time again from this twat that the goods were coming. He ignores letters and emails, so it's not surprising that he's still hard to get hold of, especially by phone.
BE WARNED!!!

I did some googling after placing an order with them and this thread came up. This sounds bad. I've placed an order worth £50 and it's been 10 days and 2 emails, still nothing from Collectoybles. When you said you got a it resolved, did you get your money back or did you eventually receive what you ordered? What's the contact details for Australian Consumer Affairs?

I thought Collectoybles went under a couple of years back? They were bad news back then and apparently nothing has changed. Omegaglory1 here's the website - just follow the links for "consumers".

I thought Collectoybles went under a couple of years back? They were bad news back then and apparently nothing has changed. Omegaglory1 here's the website - just follow the links for "consumers".

I did some research on them after waiting for a while, since it's not like webstores to take so long with orders. Turns out their license was due to expire at some point back in 2007 but their site is still operating so I can only assume they're still in business. Why spend money for upkeep of a site if you're no longer using it? A bit miffed, gave over £50 for something I hoped to use for a custom.

I've sent a third email directly to him. No idea what it'll achieve though.

I found out the owner operates an Ebay webstore, had a look at his feedback and the latest dates from April 2013, most of the feedback is positive. So I can say with some certainty he's still trading, at least via eBay. I'll wait a few more days and if I receive no reply then I'll contact him through his eBay mail.

Good luck - I hope it all works out. It could just be the store owner just can't manage his business properly and needs a bit of a poke to hurry things along. It's good to know he's active on ebay and hasn't disappeared.

I have dealt with Collectoybles a couple times where I was able to actually go pick up the goods as he only lives about 10 minutes drive from me.

It wasn't a shop just run out of his house this was about two years ago ill see if I can find the paperwork with his address on it. He may have moved though.

Yeah, still 10 days is a long time for online retail. I've contacted him directly through his eBay account, now I'll just have to wait and see.

DownUnderLOTRFan, sounds to me whatever business he runs is done from home. Hmm, that might explain things.

I finally got a reply. Turns out the thing I wanted (TOMY Biker scout helmet) was long out of stock but the owner had never got round to updating the site. Also, he said he's been trying to close down the site for the last 5 years.

Back