Who lives in Australia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was thinking of ordering from them lately but after reading some stuff on here, decided against it.
Have you tried emailing their CS? It takes a few days, but they do get back to you eventually.

Well they used to be really good, have been ordering from them for years, I recently contacted them about an order that other etailers had received stock on, they contacted a week later & again I replied but they have not replied to 2 other emails in a 3 week period

Finally heard from Casefresh,
got invoiced for 2 items the other day, then an email response from Marcus saying they have had major issues and haven't been able to update the site or get into customer emails etc, (no excuses for not posting on facebook though).. I guess they are going to have to sort this mess out over time the delay would have done a lot of damage to the business I'm guessing

Anyone here have any experiences with going to vintage/used toy fairs in Australia? I'd be curious to hear about them. I'm in Victoria but I'd be interested in hearing from anyone anywhere in Australia.

My favourite thing in the world used to be going to book fairs but lately my interest there has dropped off and now I'm more excited by the idea a hall full of second-hand toys. I've never heard any reports of toy fairs in Australia but in my searching I've found that there are some out there.

One that's not too far from me, in December, is the 'VINTAGE RETRO & CONTEMPORARY COLECTABLES MEMORABILIA & NOSTALGIA FAIR', which is in Sandown/Melbourne. I'm planning to go to that. In March there's also something they call The Big 3 at Sandown (Collectable and Nostalgia Toyfest, a Scale Model Show and Sale, and the Collectorsworld Fair), in the same place. That seems to be a regular event. Has anyone been to that before?

What I'd be hoping to find at these places, what I'd like most of all, are boxes of loose action figures marked at a dollar or two each, that sort of thing, like a giant toy garage sale. That's the dream I have... Whether a fair like that is out there, I don't know, maybe not.

There used to be an annual toyfair in Sydney Parramatta, in a small townhall, was awesome back in the pre-etailer days, but yeah used to have all the hard to find figures (you'd pay for them though), comics & yeah stalls with guys that sold vintage figures loose in various states... goodtimes, I remember mint in box Marmit Stormies for $100 thinking I'd never pay that much for a figure LOL!

https://www.collectableandmusicfairs.com.au/

I ended up going to the Melbourne toy fair I asked about on the page back, which I figure I should write about in the event someone else later searches for information like I was doing before.

The fair was good, I wasn't disappointed. I bought very little but it was a lot of fun looking around - definitely it's something I plan to go out of my way for every time it comes up now. Everything seemed reasonably priced except for maybe three sellers. I picked up a Fievel Goest West doll for $3, two Mickey Mouse toys for $3 each too, and some old Tomart's Action Figure Digests for $1 each.

About 75% of it was basically like the stalls you see at markets, not like a collectibles shop bringing down merchandise and setting up a table. Much of it had that 'Sunday market' sort of pricing and approach. The whole thing took place in a big building and a little outside the front of the building. It was not huge but pretty big.

One seller had Hot Toys figures (no price but I assumed overpriced based on the prices of other items he had there) another had 1/6 soldier figures, John Wayne, etc. That was about all I saw in 1/6. One seller had NECA Prometheus and RoboCop figures for $25 - 30 (not so terrible but not great). The rest: old wrestling toys, a large stuffed Beetlejuice doll, a talking Con the Fruiterer doll, a table full of Batman: TAS figures, I don't know what else to say. I was hoping for a lot of loose action figures but there didn't really seem to be much of that.

Entry to get in was $5, also. I saw nothing written about that anywhere, it came as a surprise.

Next one is in March 2013. That one's meant to be much bigger, the combination of three separate fairs.

Hello guys!
I will be moving to Australia pretty soon, so could anyone tell me how things are regarding statues and collecting? I mean, how much does it cost to have things sent from sideshow, are there customs fees, are there stores to buy things locally, general stuff like that.
Where I live now, shipping is around 100$ and customs fees start from 200$, so I am no stranger to over the top cost. Moreover, we only have one store who almost doubles retail price.
So anything better than all that will make me very happy!!

Sent from my Note II

Hello guys!
I will be moving to Australia pretty soon, so could anyone tell me how things are regarding statues and collecting? I mean, how much does it cost to have things sent from sideshow, are there customs fees, are there stores to buy things locally, general stuff like that.
Where I live now, shipping is around 100$ and customs fees start from 200$, so I am no stranger to over the top cost. Moreover, we only have one store who almost doubles retail price.

Sent from my Note II

This thread mentions lots of stores, and other places to get Hot Toys figures at least. It helped me and I hope you find it as useful
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122738

Hello guys!

Sent from my Note II

You don't pay customs fees/taxes on anything under $1000.

Shipping from Sideshow? I haven't bought from them in a while, so not sure. The shipping prices from them used to be outrageous, but apparently they've come down a lot in the past year or two.

Probably the biggest store here is Popcultcha. They have free postage within Aus for anything over $100. Their prices have got better recently, and you'll usually pay around the same as SS+shipping from US. But you'll still find a few things (usually the more expensive SS stuff) that are overpriced. Hot Toys are also generally overpriced, but not by much. Also, they get their stock in pretty slow; for SS, usually a month or so, and for HT, anywhere from a month to 3 months.

Check them out anyway to compare with what you pay now.

Thank you very much guys for the informations. Reb I'll check out the thread.

One thing that is unlikely to get here in retail are the EX editions, that's why I pay the premium to get from sideshow.

If there are no customs fees it should be way cheaper to get them down under than here even with higher shipping.

Again thank you guys for the swift replies.

Sent from my Note II

While our dollar is strong in on par with US shipping is reasonable, if it drops to where it was a couple of years back, this hobby will be unaffordable for most. Postage will hit $90 for a larger figure and the figure will be $5-600 for a $300 fig now.

I'm coming out to Melbourne this year 1st time ever traveling in my own aha! I really wanna move out there but dunno how to go about it as I'm only 20 aha! Can't wait too go to Melbourne too see my bestfriend and meet a few people off the forums :)

Back