Which video game character would you like to see as a collectible figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1653414320670.png

@R_R_X I know military is more DAM Toys specialty but since LIM does a ton of video games, would you guys ever consider Captain Price? Call of Duty is one of the biggest franchises ever and Captain Price is a hugely popular character, particularly the new reboot version. I figure it’s a no, but also figure that it might be good sales if a company put the time and care into getting the details right.

I would love getting Max Payne 1 (with Sam Lake's head on). Since there will be a remaster collection I think it might work.
As for Call of Duty I would love to get Viktor Reznov from Stalingrad. Such a great character and easy to bash

I deeply need someone to take another stab at Master Chief, and hopefully even more Halo characters. He'd have such an impactful shelf presence from his sheer size.

With Embracer Group talking up Legacy of Kain, I’m getting anxious at the thought of a great 1/6 Raziel or Kain.

With Embracer Group talking up Legacy of Kain, I’m getting anxious at the thought of a great 1/6 Raziel or Kain.
For me the problem is how they'd look as 1/6th figures. Personally, the appeal of the scale and nature of these figures is getting the realistic sculpts of the actors and the soft goods. Raziel is a walking corpse who'd need a special body and essentially he'd be an all-plastic figure. Kain would fare better, but he'd have to either look like an oversized action figure with joints all over and whatnot, or go with one of those seamless body which risk cracking. And then there's the pleather.

A part of me would love them, another thinks it'd be useless to want them in such a format. My "solution" is to hope MCU Dracula has the Curse Of The Mutants redesign, since he's similar to Kain. It wouldn't surprise me if they were inspired by Kain, who in turn always seemed like a mix of Stoker Dracula and Elric Of Melnibone to me, bringing the thing full circle.

Evo.jpg

Still, I think that even if LoK figures were to happen, I wouldn't be able to put them next to an InArt Joker, you know? Not that I'd put them there, but you get the point. They'd be too toyetic and fragile. Maybe if a reboot/continuation happens and they make everything a bit more realistic and stylized to gain a new audience, so that their designs would lead themselves better to this scale.

For me the problem is how they'd look as 1/6th figures. Personally, the appeal of the scale and nature of these figures is getting the realistic sculpts of the actors and the soft goods. Raziel is a walking corpse who'd need a special body and essentially he'd be an all-plastic figure. Kain would fare better, but he'd have to either look like an oversized action figure with joints all over and whatnot, or go with one of those seamless body which risk cracking. And then there's the pleather.

A part of me would love them, another thinks it'd be useless to want them in such a format. My "solution" is to hope MCU Dracula has the Curse Of The Mutants redesign, since he's similar to Kain. It wouldn't surprise me if they were inspired by Kain, who in turn always seemed like a mix of Stoker Dracula and Elric Of Melnibone to me, bringing the thing full circle.

Evo.jpg

Still, I think that even if LoK figures were to happen, I wouldn't be able to put them next to an InArt Joker, you know? Not that I'd put them there, but you get the point. They'd be too toyetic and fragile. Maybe if a reboot/continuation happens and they make everything a bit more realistic and stylized to gain a new audience, so that their designs would lead themselves better to this scale.
I guess it depends. Like, yes, sometimes you just have to go with all-plastic for certain creature characters. But if it looks good, I don’t mind. The Mondo Creature from the Black Lagoon is great, regardless of his plastic nature. I just saw the Neca 1/4 Ninja Turtles; they’re so detailed and a great value. And then you have good hybrids like HT’s Hulk and Thanos, or Maul and Venom. The sculpt may be broken up, but they still “work”.

Like, I have the Neca figures and Raziel has so much awesome detail. The sinew and muscle and bones. The wet, oily strands of hair. And I imagine those eerie eyes with a light-up feature, or poseable tattered wings, or a real soft-goods cloak… and it makes me really want it.

7” is just not good enough.
5975787837_1a0c384b37_b.jpg

I guess it depends. Like, yes, sometimes you just have to go with all-plastic for certain creature characters. But if it looks good, I don’t mind. The Mondo Creature from the Black Lagoon is great, regardless of his plastic nature. I just saw the Neca 1/4 Ninja Turtles; they’re so detailed and a great value. And then you have good hybrids like HT’s Hulk and Thanos, or Maul and Venom. The sculpt may be broken up, but they still “work”.

Like, I have the Neca figures and Raziel has so much awesome detail. The sinew and muscle and bones. The wet, oily strands of hair. And I imagine those eerie eyes with a light-up feature, or poseable tattered wings, or a real soft-goods cloak… and it makes me really want it.

I get your point. But personally speaking Venom and Hulk are the type of HTs I was never going to buy in any case. They look great and everything, but the visible joints, the fragility of the materials, it's too much for me. My kind of figures are the ones with as much tailoring and soft goods as possible. I bought an Endgame Thanos but that's more or less my limit of figures with no soft goods; I need some armour and a "human" face at least. So I'd surely buy an Apocalypse, but the Venoms and the Carnages lose me.

So yeah, theoretically I could see 1/6th Kain and Raziel turning out genuinely great. But they wouldn't be the thing I'm looking for in this scale. A high end Raziel I imagine would be similar to HT's Carnage but with some soft goods, and Kain would be more like an always semi-nude Hellboy with pleather pants. Doable certainly, but Im not sure if it'd be for me considering I'm the type that buys figures like the Godfather. It's why I love the Jedi and the Sith over the rest of the SW stuff; the intricate robes really pop in this format. So even though I love the series, I'd be content with an MCU CotM Dracula "doubling" as Kain and Dracula.

For my money, my biggest 1/6th VG want would probably be a Samus, if I leave out MGS considering I want many things from there. Master Chief and a Shepard round out my Top 3 (initially I wanted quite a few ME characters, but I'll have to focus on Star Wars and Marvel with the X-Men and FF coming, so just a Shepard will do fine).

''7 inches is just not good enough''. That's what she said........:ROFLMAO:

Evo.jpg

I would LOOOVE to get me a Kain from Blood Omen 1.
Sadly it's so darn nieche that the only way to get is a custom

''7 inches is just not good enough''. That's what she said........:ROFLMAO:
4inches.jpg

I would LOOOVE to get me a Kain from Blood Omen 1.
Sadly it's so darn nieche that the only way to get is a custom
BO's design is the one that would make for a "better" figure in terms of being translated from games to the physical world. It's a bit of a more boring design compared to the other, more monstrous one, but it works better in that sense. As I've said before, I hope MCU Dracula sports the CotM/Modern look so that he can "double" as a Kain of sorts in my collection.

latest

People hated it at the time, but I always dug it. Maybe because I was a LoK fan, maybe because I found the classic Lugosi/Lee/Universal/etc look rather bland in a superhero setting. The red and black just works, and the hair being white and in ponytail makes him look both ancient and as a warrior. I hope the MCU goes with such a design, and not with the older ToD one.

Guys is there any Nathan Drake figure based on the fourth game? I know there are few but they look all weird. Finally got Playstation and experiencing that masterpiece for the first time, of course I knew who he was before,be we never ''met'' but now fall in love and waaaaaaantttt

Guys is there any Nathan Drake figure based on the fourth game? I know there are few but they look all weird. Finally got Playstation and experiencing that masterpiece for the first time, of course I knew who he was before,be we never ''met'' but now fall in love and waaaaaaantttt
Lim Toys is making one. There's a thread on here called Unmarked Thievery - "Oh Crap!" Guy.

I would love a 1/6 Geralt from the first Witcher game, especially in Raven's armor. Death from Darksiders 2 is on my wishlist too, but i don't think he would look good in 1/6 scale.

Back