Which video game character would you like to see as a collectible figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with what you wrote, especially with: Leon, Niko and Ezio.. when I understand that those characters still not being made it’s really hard for me to believe it.
I assume that DAMTOYS will continue the line of RE as it is really popular.. but probably they will go to RE 3 now and then maybe to Leon..
About Ezio, I know that not a lot of guys like PureArts but currently I think they are the only ones who will maybe take care of that in the future as DAMTOYS are no longer can continue the Assassin’s Creed line..
Maybe they will surprise us..

And unfortunately, about my most beloved redhead huntress, it seems like Lim will have to give up on her as R_R_X and the other crew has other plans for the future and probably she won’t sell well :(
I hope that if Lim won’t make her, another company will.
Whaat? I only didn't mention her because I thought it's up for the future, I really hope things change and we do get her, I can only imagine how you feel and I understand as we're in the same boat me being with Leon.
I mean how cool of a figure would she make? Futuristic combined with primal or how can I say it better, it's SO unique I can't imagine people don't want that in their collection. Really sorry to hear that and I sincerely hope we get her, instant preorder for me.

As for the Assassin, I truly think Damtoys messed up, I'm only collecting since I got my AM recently from Lim and they got me into this but I can bet most people would have skipped AC2 Ezio for BH Ezio all day.

As for the rest we can only hope, especially for Niko or Isaac.

I know.. Prototype died with the second game.
But I would be totally in for an Alex Mercer.
I saw a few pics of a One Toys version. But dunno .. couldnt find really in hand pics. Was he actually released?

Release date for POP has been pushed back so many times now.. I would really love to have an Remake of Sands of Time.. but well.. I have a bad feeling.

And unfortunately, about my most beloved redhead huntress, it seems like Lim will have to give up on her as R_R_X and the other crew has other plans for the future and probably she won’t sell well :(
All he said was he thinks it won’t sell well. I think he’s just bummed John didn’t do better than it did. There’s no reason other figures won’t perform better.

There’s zero indication they will give up on that figure so please don’t put words in his mouth.

I didn't say that, we still have to develop our 1/6 female body and she has a complicated design plus one of our most requested figures has been put up for PO recently and it's not performing well so of course we're skeptical about these other less requested characters and we'll have to reconsider our strategy going forward.

I didn't say that, we still have to develop our 1/6 female body and she has a complicated design plus one of our most requested figures has been put up for PO recently and it's not performing well so of course we're skeptical about these other less requested characters and we'll have to reconsider our strategy going forward.
I wouldn't get down on things just yet. The problem with John is that he isn't exactly as relevant or loved as Arthur. Nor did he get the all time performance that Roger Clark gave. And for whatever reason, I think the RDR1 look may have put off a handful of people.

I'll be surprised if some of the other offerings you have coming up don't perform better than John did, and hopefully that will give you guys some new energy about what you're working on.

I wouldn't get down on things just yet. The problem with John is that he isn't exactly as relevant or loved as Arthur. Nor did he get the all time performance that Roger Clark gave. And for whatever reason, I think the RDR1 look may have put off a handful of people.

I'll be surprised if some of the other offerings you have coming up don't perform better than John did, and hopefully that will give you guys some new energy about what you're working on.
He was one of our most requested figures so I wouldn't exactly agree with that, overall it just seems like video game figures are selling less and less no doubt due to the current economic situation so most gamers are buying even less merch and 1/6 collectors are mainly sticking to lines they collect like MCU or Star Wars.

I suppose Nate will be a litmus test to see how well these characters will keep doing but I have my doubts he will fare any better than John in which case there's no point in continuing putting in the money we do into these and we will either have to quit doing them all together or drastically change our plans to make these more affordable, a lot of people love to complain that video games and other mediums don't get enough love in collecting but when licensed or unlicensed superhero stuff is all that sells in this business it becomes incresingly hard to justify putting in the ammount of work and money we do in video game figures if only a few hundred people will buy them, meanwhile the new superhero figure will easily sell thousands.

I don't have any superheroes 1/6 figures.. actually I don't have ANYthing from that universe. Never had interest in that stuff.
Okay I watched as a kid the cartoon version of Spiderman. Even Batman as cartoon. But it never crossed my mind to buy a Spiderman figure or Batman.

When I look on the video game side now, I love to get me some merch. Especially from the games I play, love and cherish. Doesn't matter which scale.
If it looks good, I will buy it. Unfortunately I never played Uncharted and I know, I missed a lot. The same goes for the Last of Us.
Heard so many good things, but hadn't the chance to play it. That would be the only reason not to buy it. Cause I don't know it well enough or don't have an affinity for the game. If I do get one later, then surely I would regret it not to bought it back in the day.

But there is another problem. Those who collect such things usually do not know about it. I had never heard of Gametoys, Limtoys etc. before. My Youtube feed showed me a few months ago randomly a review of a VTS Cloud, which piqued my interest. Surely had a few Hot Toys Resident Evil figures, but with ending their line of RE, I stopped looking into it. I know,

Not every child or adult plays video games or has interest. It's a different story with movies. Turn on your TV, and maybe you see one of Marvels famous movies. It's a gamble in the end.

I don't have any superheroes 1/6 figures.. actually I don't have ANYthing from that universe. Never had interest in that stuff.
Okay I watched as a kid the cartoon version of Spiderman. Even Batman as cartoon. But it never crossed my mind to buy a Spiderman figure or Batman.

When I look on the video game side now, I love to get me some merch. Especially from the games I play, love and cherish. Doesn't matter which scale.
If it looks good, I will buy it. Unfortunately I never played Uncharted and I know, I missed a lot. The same goes for the Last of Us.
Heard so many good things, but hadn't the chance to play it. That would be the only reason not to buy it. Cause I don't know it well enough or don't have an affinity for the game. If I do get one later, then surely I would regret it not to bought it back in the day.

But there is another problem. Those who collect such things usually do not know about it. I had never heard of Gametoys, Limtoys etc. before. My Youtube feed showed me a few months ago randomly a review of a VTS Cloud, which piqued my interest. Surely had a few Hot Toys Resident Evil figures, but with ending their line of RE, I stopped looking into it. I know,

Not every child or adult plays video games or has interest. It's a different story with movies. Turn on your TV, and maybe you see one of Marvels famous movies. It's a gamble in the end.
All very good points as well, most gamers aren't familiarized with figure collecting, especially 1/6 figures that's why a lot of the time they will look at prices ranging from 180-240 dollars and consider it an astronomical ammount to spend on what they probably think is comparable to a Barbie doll and most of them would rather spend money on games, consoles, graphics cards than collectibles, the average gamer will probably buy a few Funko pops and collector editions of the games they like most but nothing more.

My mother right now wants to watch Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special. Movies are just more mainstream, no matter how good a game is. Beyond that, stuff like the MCU has huge media crossover. Even a character like Star-Lord has appearances in movies, games, comics, and cartoons.

Game characters are often just stuck in games. As big as many characters are, there’s no on-going Kratos show or comic or movie. No Arthur Morgan media crossover. And I’m a big gamer, but I can’t play or care about everything. I haven’t played Red Dead Redemption. I can catch a character like Black Adam even in a dozen other non-gaming projects, but John and Arthur are locked to a game series.

I think it’s difficult to predict. A big game with demand may not translate to sales. Alice: Madness Returns was a fraction of RDR’s sales and acclaim, but her fanbase is voracious and, yeah, I ordered her third-party 1/6 figure eagerly. I see the passion for art and cosplay that follows characters like Aloy or Tracer or Bayonetta, that dwarfs “bigger” games and characters in Battlefield, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, and more. Franklin may be a main character of blockbuster hit GTA5, but I’d predict a figure of him would be in far less demand than, say, Aloy or Isaac Clarke or even Alan Wake or Chell. It depends on a lot of factors.

My mother right now wants to watch Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special. Movies are just more mainstream, no matter how good a game is. Beyond that, stuff like the MCU has huge media crossover. Even a character like Star-Lord has appearances in movies, games, comics, and cartoons.

Game characters are often just stuck in games. As big as many characters are, there’s no on-going Kratos show or comic or movie. No Arthur Morgan media crossover. And I’m a big gamer, but I can’t play or care about everything. I haven’t played Red Dead Redemption. I can catch a character like Black Adam even in a dozen other non-gaming projects, but John and Arthur are locked to a game series.

I think it’s difficult to predict. A big game with demand may not translate to sales. Alice: Madness Returns was a fraction of RDR’s sales and acclaim, but her fanbase is voracious and, yeah, I ordered her third-party 1/6 figure eagerly. I see the passion for art and cosplay that follows characters like Aloy or Tracer or Bayonetta, that dwarfs “bigger” games and characters in Battlefield, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, and more. Franklin may be a main character of blockbuster hit GTA5, but I’d predict a figure of him would be in far less demand than, say, Aloy or Isaac Clarke or even Alan Wake or Chell. It depends on a lot of factors.
True as well but the collecting demographic is mostly adult males looking to collect a line they're really into even if their wives or parents are also into those superhero flicks I doubt most of them are happy when they say they are going to drop 300 dollars on the new Hot Toys Spider-Man. :rotfl

All those characters you mention don't seem to have a lot of interest from collectors tho, sure I've seen some people asking for them, Aloy probably more so than the others but I don't see Alan Wake selling any better than Franklin would, Isaac maybe since he has a cool design and cool designs go a long way when it comes to these figures, especially if you throw in a base with a necromorph but it would still be mostly isolated to a very niche market, let's be honest here Dead Space has been dead for a long time and I doubt the remake will revive the franchise in a huge way, I'm more interested in Callisto myself.

At the end of the day my advice for anyone into video game figures reading this thread is, if you see a figure you want just go for it, especially unlicensed, they're going to get more rare as time goes on.

I think one of the reasons some figures not selling well is that advertising is hidden from the casual fans. I know we hide things bc of copyright but planned marketing still can be done on social media,especially on Twitter. For example me, I signed up on this forum long ago,but then somehow abandoned... Discovered Arthur and first MT Geralt after they were sold out. And if that happened to me, I can imagine regular ppl/gamers are totally uninformed. I have Ok following on instagram,it isn't 1/6 oriented but all kind of collectors follow me,whenever I post eyecatchy new figire in my stories few ppl always reach out and ask me where to buy,bc they don't know this market exist,which are trustful websites,how preorders work...
About John,I wouldn't compare him to Nathan, while he is our beloved character, he isn't well known and loved into mases,bc most of the ppl only played RDR2 where Arthur is a main character,so everyone loves Arthur. I guess basically everyone has played Uncharted and Last of us. I'm sure Nathan will do way better,if Limtoys is worried about price,I'd advise to make 2 versions,regular and deluxe with a diorama base (as I remember you were doing some fancy base) this hobby gonna be boring without Limtoys so guys keep going! We love you!
I'll buy 3 Nathan figures!

I think one of the reasons some figures not selling well is that advertising is hidden from the casual fans. I know we hide things bc of copyright but planned marketing still can be done on social media,especially on Twitter. For example me, I signed up on this forum long ago,but then somehow abandoned... Discovered Arthur and first MT Geralt after they were sold out. And if that happened to me, I can imagine regular ppl/gamers are totally uninformed. I have Ok following on instagram,it isn't 1/6 oriented but all kind of collectors follow me,whenever I post eyecatchy new figire in my stories few ppl always reach out and ask me where to buy,bc they don't know this market exist,which are trustful websites,how preorders work...
About John,I wouldn't compare him to Nathan, while he is our beloved character, he isn't well known and loved into mases,bc most of the ppl only played RDR2 where Arthur is a main character,so everyone loves Arthur. I guess basically everyone has played Uncharted and Last of us. I'm sure Nathan will do way better,if Limtoys is worried about price,I'd advise to make 2 versions,regular and deluxe with a diorama base (as I remember you were doing some fancy base) this hobby gonna be boring without Limtoys so guys keep going! We love you!
I'll buy 3 Nathan figures!
Yeah as of late it seems like video game figures get almost no exposure compared to all the other superhero stuff and even storm trooper reissues lol, honestly I wouldn't mind the figures getting more exposure even if it comes at the risk of a C&D because we can reach more people that way, but even so it's the discussion that keeps these things selling and present in people's minds.

Nate will the be a litmus test as I've said, we'll see if he does any better and yes we're considering two versions, a simple one with few accessories and most likely a limited treasure edition.

Yeah as of late it seems like video game figures get almost no exposure compared to all the other superhero stuff and even storm trooper reissues lol, honestly I wouldn't mind the figures getting more exposure even if it comes at the risk of a C&D because we can reach more people that way, but even so it's the discussion that keeps these things selling and present in people's minds.

Nate will the be a litmus test as I've said, we'll see if he does any better and yes we're considering two versions, a simple one with few accessories and most likely a limited treasure edition.
Agreed and that's a smart move, if u consider to release 2 versions,that gonna increase sales.
I still find it crazy how cheap Arthur figure is. I collect since early childhood and I have never seen something coming with as many accessories. Some ppl don't realize how much work and money is needed to produce all of these,and yes we want everything but it's also a business and you deserve your hard work to be rewarded and make enough coin. Look at Soo Soo, their figures come with nothing while price difference if basically 20$, I know Limtoys is next level and you guys are super passionate,but business is business. I'm OK with cutting down accessories as soon as it helps sales. Separated accessory packs are always welcomed as well. Ppl buy outfits for the custom figures all the time,it will increase income as well.

Also get active on social media,twitter,instagram,tiktok,don't need to post details about who you are,just promote stuff,ppl love seeing pretty things and then they buy them. I've experienced that many times. Have so many items I've bought only bc of hype.

I'm here because of Justin's and Elbear's video of Arthur, I wouldn't have known at all if it weren't for the reviews, especially about this website, I was lucky someone mentioned it in a YT comment so I'm hopeful once John hits the reviews it's gonna be miles better! And same for other figures, I had to search for them after I found out only one's I knew about were Hot Toys Batman/Joker from the Arkham games. I had no idea of anything else.

I can't imagine people are not gonna be interested after more find out and see the quality you provide. I was blown away when I first saw AM.

I really hope you have all the success you and your team deserve.

I'm here because of Justin's and Elbear's video of Arthur, I wouldn't have known at all if it weren't for the reviews, especially about this website, I was lucky someone mentioned it in a YT comment so I'm hopeful once John hits the reviews it's gonna be miles better! And same for other figures, I had to search for them after I found out only one's I knew about were Hot Toys Batman/Joker from the Arkham games. I had no idea of anything else.

I can't imagine people are not gonna be interested after more find out and see the quality you provide. I was blown away when I first saw AM.

I really hope you have all the success you and your team deserve.
Exactly what I'm saying. These things are too hidden and while 1/6 collector community is big,we are still nowhere as big as other communities,bc we are hidden in the cave,under the rock,with no map. :D

Exactly what I'm saying. These things are too hidden and while 1/6 collector community is big,we are still nowhere as big as other communities,bc we are hidden in the cave,under the rock,with no map. :D
Oh and let's hope one day we get a perfect 1/6 Geralt(game). Heres hoping. 🤞

Amen to that! Hope some day Limtoys makes one ,that gonna be the perfect one! R_R_X said no,but I keep trying :D
Hahaha! Well maybe one day he will say yes, Nathan Drake fans are SO lucky Lim is making him. I can't imagine how excited I would be if Lim says yes to Geralt, would be more than a treat.

Back