Where are the OG Freaks? Members from past 10+ years

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still here. Struggling to find the time and motivation to sculpt anything for my own custom figures let alone anyone else. I haven't given up though.

Still here , not sure if that's a good or bad thing though, 🤣. Things have changed alot with hot toys pretty much taking over from sideshow and the rise of companies like three zero, asmus, inart and many more and the third party companies.

Last edited:
I wish I was into making soap. That soap making forum looks awesome!

Soap is awesome...

giphy.gif

...until it doesn't play fair...

giphy.gif

I don’t remember what year I joined, but it was EZ board days. My oldest post on this board is dated 2005. When I chose my screen name it was a bit of a joke. I’m probably the oldest member here now. I remember when that honor went to a member named Richard (I think) whose son was also a member. And all the repeating catastrophic custom artists, Josh Church, Les Walker, Chris Howes. All of them well-meaning, but none had any sense about how much they could take on.

The end of the customs section was the start of my drift to FB and IG. I don’t engage in online threads much, but I’ve gained a global network of artists and today private commissions are my focus. I commission the figures I want to build. These endeavors can also be frustrating, because the artists who take commissions are all auditioning for the companies and the best of them do get snatched up.

But I think of the old days with fondness. I wonder if CustomMikey, the first repainter on this board, is still an actor…and Les and I still exchange birthday and Christmas greetings.

Last edited:
There was alot of baiting and quite frankly non stop repetitive right wing crazies in here for a while who were way more interested in talking trash about wokeness and their own views than the products or flims.

Loads of threads got destroyed with this garbage , rather than the actual topic at hand. All these types trying to one up the other….

Many got tired of trying to discuss a franchise they enjoy to only have the thread derailed for pages and pages of trash talk.

The SW thread was the perfect example, if you loved the films, you had no where to talk about it with like minded people….it was basically a youtube inspired never ending hate pit.

I never seen so much effort go into hating on properties as this site can muster. For many, if they didn't post bashing garbage on all topics, they would have a very small post history.

So , folks who want to discuess the actual films and products they love, just stop posting as often….. its was always the same repetative mantra from the same posters who seem to think they are fighting some kind of culture war in a forum about dolls….

I don’t remember what year I joined, but it was EZ board days. My oldest post on this board is dated 2005. When I chose my screen name it was a bit of a joke. I’m probably the oldest member here now. I remember when that honor went to a member named Richard (I think) whose son was also a member. And all the repeating catastrophic custom artists, Josh Church, Les Walker, Chris Howes. All of them well-meaning, but none had any sense about how much they could take on.

GOB,
I remember your handle from the OSW from the old days. Also maybe all the way back to the old Warrior Forum and Sixth Division.

I think you sent me some DML WW2 weapons before as a gesture of goodwill over on Sixth Division. Let me take a moment to thank you again for that.

Nice to see you still around.

Back