Where are the OG Freaks? Members from past 10+ years

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention that some of us have been on here since the beginning. Those were the Ezboard days.

By the way, I've had the same avatar for all of these years.

A long term friendship...

giphy.gif

:lol

Later that night...
200w.gif

Kind of reminds me of Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. Where he's staring the mirror and Phil Collins is blaring.

I have to admit, if someone was to going to hit me with an axe, I suppose if I couldn't figure out the giant neon sign of a huge red flag that is Phil Collins blaring in the background, maybe I deserve to have my head caved in......

Always loved the sense of community here. I’ve been here over a decade and always happy to share tips and tricks to those who ask. Never cared for the posters that only think their opinions matter and will spend message after message dying on that hill for anyone who disagrees with them.

I used to have a hard time keeping up with my watched thread list. Nowadays I'm often disappointed when I check in with no new posts. As I'm writing this post I'm thinking "get a life loser!" 😂

I used to have a hard time keeping up with my watched thread list. Nowadays I'm often disappointed when I check in with no new posts. As I'm writing this post I'm thinking "get a life loser!" 😂
The collecting world has changed. It used to be accessible to most people, however now it's pretty much frozen a lot of collectors out - myself included.

At the lower end, back in the day, I could pick a NECA figure up for £15. Now it's upwards of £50.

Same with Hot Toys, I bought my first one for £80. Now you're looking at £300+.

Exactly.
Back to 2013, I’ve bought my DX08 for 170 €, DX09 for 180€ and later DX14 for 215€.
Thought it wasn’t cheap but was so happy and blown away.
Now it became outrageously expensive for sometime poor quality…Look at what they’ve done with Batman Begins…

Very OG here. I founded the Kurgan Krusade along with some cool cats here back in the days. Used to post pictures of naked chix with my figurines (lol) and was in a constant battle for my survival with my nemesis, Darklord Dave. Joking aside, this board was awesome around 2005-2010. Made lots of friends back in the days. I wonder where are they now.

Hi. My name is pixletwin. Next month is my 17th anniversary since joining this place (thats 2006). I used to be a mod and I maintained the commerce thread (remember that?) but quickly became tired of all the whining people do. I was also a card carrying member of THE KURGAN KRUSADE (deep cut).

:rock :rock :rock

Wow, didn't realize that it's been 12 years since I joined!
Still collecting figures but always think of retiring! 🤦‍♂️

Missing some of the members who already passed, or just disappeared like Mack, I always adore his Hellboy collection.

Back