Where are the OG Freaks? Members from past 10+ years

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined in March, 2008 - before I was mostly active on the Onesixthwarriors board - does that still exist ??

I still collect and built custom SW figures- so I am mostly active in the custom SW section

Ive stopped by here more less everyday since I joined. I started collecting 1/6 aliens and predators back when HT sold them as "model kits". You had to assemble them yourself, good times. I remember going to the 2008 SDCC Sideshow after party and meeting Darklord Dave, P!TU and quite a few other freaks I don't see on the boards anymore. I won a artist proof General Grievous PF in a raffle, the other guy who got called up had the choice of taking it or choosing a different draw. He ended up getting the artist proof Doctor Doom on throne. He was on these boards too but I forgot his handle...

I guess they close your account after awhile as I tried logging in one time to delete any info and threads I had made but it said “user does not exist” or whatever so figured it was automatically deleted

I can't speak to how it works there now, but back in the day, I used to moderate the commerce section there. Ronin Six and I would talk sometimes and there were points when people with dormant accounts would show back up and try to steal. For example, both Chris Howes and Josh Church were exposed here for mass theft via custom commissions promised but never delivered. When this well ran dry and they could not longer try to steal here, both used their dormant OSW accounts to try to drum up "business" there. Both tried to say, "Hey I've been registered here forever, I just don't post much, you can trust me" Because I understood the pathway from being on both sites/forums, we ended up banning both of them immediately.

I kept a running archive of all the bad SSF traders/thieves at OSW back then. I recognize this is not the widespread rule that happens, but unfortunately people who steal in this hobby will mass register multiple accounts on multiple sites/forums.

So I was exposed to a lot of people coming to us about commerce theft that didn't make the public eye. There was, then, not an insubstantial amount of theft in this hobby. Some weeks it was pretty staggering.

Something Alice ( don't know if they are still around, we traded several times) and I talked about here on this forum, years ago, was using a piece of paper with your screen name and date and adding it into your commerce photos. Back then I pushed for all OSW traders to have that as the standard, but Ronin Six didn't want to take it that far. So for housekeeping reasons more than commerce reasons, I know Ronin Six trimmed the rolls for dormant accounts a few times. To be fair, forum changeovers/rollovers are often messy when you want to retain lots of archived stuff.

But those were the old days.

I've been registered on OSW for seven years. I just now introduced myself with my first post. 🙃

Is there a way to make a listing of people by join date? That would be fun to see
There isn't a way that I know of but when I brought it up in the lounge, Asta suggested this....
There's a way to see your membership number by hovering over your name. A link pops up on the bottom left of the screen with a number at the end of it.
I had no idea :lol
This is what Yoda said:
I can see it as admin, but not a feature that is available for just anyone. But I'll experiment to see if there is something I have not used before but is available.
So she's gonna look into it.
It really would be a fun read
Xx :wave

Thanks for looking into it - I'm not sure I understand where to find the membership number - ?

@3468

Hover over anyone's name under their avatar with a mouse and look to the lower left of the screen. An address will show, at the end of which is your membership number.
On mobile, just click on your username (twice) to get to your profile. The number at the end of the URL right after your username is what you're after.

Thanks for looking into it - I'm not sure I understand where to find the membership number - ?
Ur welcome :duff
Xx
@3468

Hover over anyone's name under their avatar with a mouse and look to the lower left of the screen. An address will show, at the end of which is your membership number.
Thanks Asta :wave
Xx
On mobile, just click on your username (twice) to get to your profile. The number at the end of the URL right after your username is what you're after.
Thanks for that. Im on a tablet So dont have a mouse to hover over my username.
Im #67, thats cool :rock
Xx

I also was on the OSW board. OJ_did_it was my user name there. I wasn't much of a charter there though. That was where I first saw the hot toys aliens marines figures. I just missed out on those though.

I still remember the priority pre-order days on sideshow back then, those were crazy. It's funny when I see people ask if a hot toys figure will sell out right When it goes up for order. I still remember the exclusive sideshow obi-wan that sold out before I could even successfully load the page.

I remember when I first joined Star Wars 1/6 was pretty much uncharted territory other than Hasbro. Then slowly Sideshow started releasing the Star Wars line and it was amazing, they were the best 1/6 Star Wars I had ever seen! I recall the madness of the preorders, good times. The Medicom / Sideshow heated discussions, lots of cool folks, lots of characters. for sure.

I also was on the OSW board. OJ_did_it was my user name there. I wasn't much of a charter there though. That was where I first saw the hot toys aliens marines figures. I just missed out on those though.

I still remember the priority pre-order days on sideshow back then, those were crazy. It's funny when I see people ask if a hot toys figure will sell out right When it goes up for order. I still remember the exclusive sideshow obi-wan that sold out before I could even successfully load the page.
Man, priority Pre-order days were intense! Newer collectors don't know how good they have it now. I will say, that RSVP thing for the Hot Toys Stealth Cap is bringing back memories of those times though.

Back