Where are the OG Freaks? Members from past 10+ years

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I was gone for at least a decade.

Can someone explained to me what happened? This used to be Sideshow Freaks, now it's Collector Freaks.

Where is Darklord Dave?

Dave sold the forum, and since it no longer has any affiliation with Sideshow the name has changed.

Why did all my Sideshow Rewards Points disappear? I logged in last year during Spooktacular and they were all gone. I mean the points I got from the numerous Spooktaculars, I get, but the points I lost on product I actually bought, that was different....

Sideshow points expire a year after being added to your account. They still give out quite a lot during events, but apart from the ones you get from signing up to certain events they make you work for them. You have to suffer the inane influencers on their own social media in the hope of being rewarded.

Does Chicky or anyone from SSC come around here anymore?

None of them have any reason to come here now, unless they do it incognito. Sideshow's downfall was when Sideshow Susan was fired over the Jon Deak/King Zachary controversy.

Did Spooktacular change?

Spooktacular is still evil. In fact most of Sideshow is evil because a lot of their rewarding events start at 1am and last a few hours.

OK, I was gone for at least a decade.

Can someone explained to me what happened? This used to be Sideshow Freaks, now it's Collector Freaks.

Where is Darklord Dave?

Why did all my Sideshow Rewards Points disappear? I logged in last year during Spooktacular and they were all gone. I mean the points I got from the numerous Spooktaculars, I get, but the points I lost on product I actually bought, that was different....

Does Chicky or anyone from SSC come around here anymore?

Did Spooktacular change?

No idea what happened. I feel like Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead. Woke up, no idea what happened, most everyone is gone, etc, etc. The only difference is I am a better actor than Andrew Lincoln. ( He made millions glaring at people and going into constant monologues, how is that possible?)
Sideshow Freaks? Whatever are you talking about? This has always been Collector Freaks started and ran by JediMaster John.

Joined in 2009 (thank you TDK) and still lurk regularly - don't post much.
Fondly remember regulars like intothevoid, Maglor, haytil and the good times in the DC sector.
Seb's customs were always awe-inspiring. :thud:

Joined in 2009 (thank you TDK) and still lurk regularly - don't post much.
Fondly remember regulars like intothevoid, Maglor, haytil and the good times in the DC sector.
Seb's customs were always awe-inspiring. :thud:
Void made a brief cameo in the The Batman thread this year then varnished. Apparently if you say his name three times in the mirror he makes an appearance.

Wow , I didn't know that there were still some OG members on here. Thanks for stopping by the thread. Hopefully someday this place will turn back into what it used to be. It was actually fun to be on here. Having a discussion about a figure with a bunch of people. Taking photos to compare setups and display options. I miss those days . They gave me the reason to check in everyday.

I wander in here from time to time just to keep up with what's current though I never posted much. I remember being glued to this forum.

I love threads about 1/6 History.
Whats does OG mean?
FB was clearly not designed for brainy discussions. It is unwealdly in that respect.
Well, I am no oldtimer yet, but I do have very restricted interests and yet I do have too many pages to check everyday. There are lots of interesting, in-full-detail diacussions on here, aren't there? And I see lots of pics.

I see many of the points on this thread (social media stealing the younger collectors' attentions, prices out of hand, 1/12 as a consequence of prices, and the many bad effects of ageing), but I don't see others (maybe my frame if reference is not the proper one).

My 2c: I don't think these boards are properly managed. I have been unfairly banned, and when features break down, there's no one to turn to. Thst alone can hurt attendance.

Thx

@Asta
Can we get some of the banned OG members unbanned? :monkey3:naughty:chase:stick:idea

dog really.gif

Checking in as an 08er, Mr. EcKo.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the forum, it's still my go-to, they very first thing I open up when I'm online. I just think the golden age of the hobby has come to an end (even Marvel is dying off) and people have gotten older, de-prioritized it and run out of space. I am all of those things.

Back