What If...? - 1/6th scale Captain Carter Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally HT's starting to do the interchangeable hair sculpts. I understand this is probably easier on an animated sculpt but this absolutely should have been done for SW. It would be so easy with the crown hiding the hairline seam.
20210914_154653.jpg

There is a rumor Haley Atwell will be appearing as Captain Carter in Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. If so, sales on this figure may determine whether or not we get a non-animated version of her down the road.

First time hearing this and I'm 100% in. Until then, while I won't be PO'ing, I wouldn't mind picking this up sometime down the road as a placeholder.

Her character seems very popular from the Marvel crowds I've seen so I do expect to see more of her in the future. Plus, the mid-season trailer for the show dropped earlier and it looks like they'll have an Avengers 2012 homage of the cartoon heroes teaming up to "Avenge."

I feel like $235 is overpriced for something with such a simplistic sculpt and design.
I agree. I thought this would be priced well under $200. $235 would make sense if it had a Hayley Atwell head sculpt, and the body was more accurate.

Captain Carter is confirmed to be an important part of future What if? seasons moving forward, and is heavily rumored to be making a live action debut as well, so hopefully this is not the only version we get.

This figure is not bad and a pretty good price, but like others I don't feel an animated version would fit with the rest of the collection. And I don't know if there'll be enough What if? Hot Toys figures to make a sub collection on their own.

I would get a realistic Captain Carter with zero hesitation, though.

Eh, it's a bit off to me. Like it's not cartoony enough. They tried to meet in the middle of realism and animated, and it ends up looking like neither.
Agreed. The animated head just looks too out of place on that more realistic body and outfit. If I were to have an animated Captain Carter I'd much rather it be fully plastic and in the exact style of the cartoon.

I agree. I thought this would be priced well under $200. $235 would make sense if it had a Hayley Atwell head sculpt, and the body was more accurate.

Stormtroopers aren't $200 anymore. Anything with a face will probably be $235 minimum. The simpler paint apps are probably why this isn't $250.

The fact Hot Toys never made a Peggy Carter from Captain America and decided to make this is the biggest insult!
Honestly, this is the biggest crime of all. I don' want Red Skull, I want Bucky and Agent Carter.

Is the Hydra Stomper and Tiny Steve a guarantee or still up in the air? I'd preorder Captain Carter but I hate incomplete sets.

My main objection to this is that it looks like the standard, short/petite female body. She should be a bit bigger and broader.

I love Peggy and the look of “Captain Carter” though, so it’s still an instant pre-order from me!

I even have a more realistic Atwell sculpt jut begging to be swapped in for the “animation” head!

Clone Wars figures that look like the movies: why didn't they make them look like the actual show?

What If figures that look like the actual show: why didn't they make them look like the movies?

Ok everyone, here is our chance, we simply dont order this until they add a realistic style head.

Glad a British-themed character is getting some Hot Toys love, but. . .I can't imagine this selling very well.

When will Captain Britain and Excalibur appear in the MCU? I needs figures of all of them.

Clone Wars figures that look like the movies: why didn't they make them look like the actual show?

What If figures that look like the actual show: why didn't they make them look like the movies?
I'd be thrilled with this, if I actually thought the show was worth a Hot Toys figure. The show has been a major dud, the biggest since Thor The Dark World.

I'd be thrilled with this, if I actually thought the show was worth a Hot Toys figure. The show has been a major dud, the biggest since Thor The Dark World.

I’m legit curious if there’s data to back this statement up or if that’s just a personal sentiment, either of which makes no difference to me. I haven’t watched the show but saw someone post the rotten tomatoes score and it seemed like a huge majority of fans love this show.

Made me assume it’s been successful. Especially with season 2 confirmed. So yeah, just curious if there’s anything to show this show has failed as badly as you’re saying.

I’m legit curious if there’s data to back this statement up or if that’s just a personal sentiment, either of which makes no difference to me. I haven’t watched the show but saw someone post the rotten tomatoes score and it seemed like a huge majority of fans love this show.

Made me assume it’s been successful. Especially with season 2 confirmed. So yeah, just curious if there’s anything to show this show has failed as badly as you’re saying.

It's just my personal opinion, lots of people on reddit seem to absolutely love it.

Personally, the animated style for this series just doesn't work for me, and the writing seems less focused on what makes the movies work-- the characters. The show prioritizes the plot because it wants to show you all the differences created by changing one thing from the movies in 30 minutes. Another thing about the writing is that it feels like the characters sometimes are just speaking in catchphrases. Lastly, the voice acting from some of the live action stars really shows why we have actors and voice actors.

And about the figure, I agree with whoever said there was an uncanny valley effect going on with the figure. I think it's the added skin texturing going on here, that just doesn't match the character models at all.

My main objection to this is that it looks like the standard, short/petite female body. She should be a bit bigger and broader.

I love Peggy and the look of “Captain Carter” though, so it’s still an instant pre-order from me!

I even have a more realistic Atwell sculpt jut begging to be swapped in for the “animation” head!
I agree. I wish she was larger. It seems the specific measurements on Sideshow have her at about 29cm tall, the Steve Rogers included with the Hydra Stomper is 28cm tall.

It doesn’t seem like enough of a difference to me. Still, I’m a fan of the character and I love the animated head sculpt so I’ll be putting in my pre-order.

I’m not a regular Hot Toys collector (my first Hot Toys figure will be the Sam Wilson Captain America!) but I’m hoping for more What-If animated style portraits. I would love a What-If evil Dr. Strange! A crazed Hank Pym! A caped Antman head in a fishbowl, especially.

I watched the first two episodes of "What if" yesterday. I deliberately waited because I hate the episode-a-week strategy that D+ is using. Also, I knew that seeing spoilers for this one wouldn't bother me as much as for something like The Mandalorian for instance.

Anyway, I have to say I massively enjoyed the first two episodes. More than I thought I would. I'm even willing to say that I think the story of Captain Carter is better than the story in Captain America: The First Avenger. I loved the fact that she fought actual Nazi's instead of the laser infused GI-Joe villains that Cap had to fight in his film. I loved the air fight and seeing actual Heinkels and Messerschmitts. The fights and action (while stylized because of animation) was way cooler than anything we've seen in The First Avenger. Remember Cap being boxed in by two flamethrowerguys and that was the end of the fight... :slap

The biggest problem is that they want to cram a films worth of information and character development into 30 minutes. They partially get away with it, because we know the original story and film, but some scenes happened way too fast and therefore lacked the impact they should have.

Also like @The Green Goblin said the voice acting is all over the place. The only one who was good and on point was Sebastian Stan. The rest was really hit or miss and some didn't even sound like themselves. Michael Rooker in the second episode sounded like Yondu the one minute and the next I was actually wondering if it was Ross Marquand (Red Skull) doing an impression. (Seriously, look him up. He's awesome at that).
The Collector, another example. Del Toro rushed through his lines whereas The Collector in the film speaks more slowly and eccentric.

I loved the animation style. Being into drawing and art myself I felt like I was watching some modern take on classic Disney animation. I'm glad this wasn't done in anime style. I'm no fan of that. I'm hoping we'll see some What If artbook sometime in the future.

All in all I was very pleasantly surprised by the first two episodes, and I'm looking forward to watching the next ones.
Captain Carter is confirmed to be an important part of future What if? seasons moving forward, and is heavily rumored to be making a live action debut as well, so hopefully this is not the only version we get.

This figure is not bad and a pretty good price, but like others I don't feel an animated version would fit with the rest of the collection. And I don't know if there'll be enough What if? Hot Toys figures to make a sub collection on their own.

I would get a realistic Captain Carter with zero hesitation, though.

I really hope she makes a live action debut and gets a figure from that. As much as I loved the Captain Carter episode, I just can't bring myself to buy a figure in this animated style. Hopefully she'll show up in the Multiverse of Madness.

It's not gonna happen but if they'd make the Captain Carter episode into a live action film directed by the Russos, that would be absolutely awesome!

Last edited:
Good thing Hayley is only 39. While not really a spring chicken anymore, she still looks young enough to play the role of a live-action Captain Carter in the immediate future. I think the chances are good we’ll see Hayley suit up sooner rather than later.

Back