What franchise would you most like Hot Toys to revisit (Poll)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planet of the Apes.... so I voted "Other". I would love to see them tackle Dr. Zaius or Cornelius, especially since their sculpting skills have improved since their gorilla offerings. And those gorilla do sell for a fairly high amount in the secondary market.

(... crickets...)

Those were fantastic.
While I doubt I would get into a POTA line, I would love to see it made. :duff

I?d rather they give up all these licenses.......

Yeah, I no longer trust Hot Toys to actually give any other licenses a fair amount of attention and effort. Just look at The Matrix. One figure. Wow. Such commitment, such enthusiasm.

Robocop was the last time they really served a non-Marvel license well with a line that was almost as deep as you could expect a company to go and all the figures came out pretty steadily with no torturous ''will they even make it?'' waiting. Back to the Future had good releases in the end but it took a painfully long time as I recall and they still dropped it without making a highly desired BTTF I Doc or ever releasing that BTTF II Flying Delorean that had been at various shows drumming up excitement.

This poll obviously has licenses I'm interested in and people have mentioned other candidates like Indiana Jones that cry out to be done proper justice but Hot Toys gives no reason to hope anymore so yeah, I'd rather see them lose these licenses altogether.

I'd like them to revisit Indiana Jones and finish up Burton's Penguin and Catwoman.

I'd also like a properly scaled Predator 1.

I think they covered Terminator pretty well and they'll never do the first Alien crew so screw it.

Yeah, I like Terminator but the first two films were overall pretty well covered. It isn’t likely Hot Toys would do a Kyle or Sarah or young John. Those are the only characters missing (well there are a couple versions of Sarah from T2) I’d like to see.

I feel like with Alien beyond Ripley the other crew members would be a tough sell. I do regret passing on her myself and wish they’d make her from Aliens.

A true Jungle Hunter Predator from the first film would be good, but the Classic Predator from Predators is a pretty good stand in.

I'd like them to revisit Indiana Jones

I'd love Indy to be revisited. A really good Indiana Jones figure would be brilliant.
No one seems to have been able to accomplish this commercially.

I'd like a 1/6 scale E.T. with Elliott and BMX too, please.

etandelliott1.jpg

I feel like that would be difficult to pull off well. You’d probably want it to look like the bike is flying, which would probably be hard making a stand that would support the Elliott, E.T., and bike.

Aliens, updated Marines are long overdue. The recent Alien warrior gave us all hope, but nothing came of it. I suspect, the reason why some franchises are not revisited is down to licensing. It was probably much simpler back in 2007.

I don't know if its more difficult to get a license as it is just a matter of popularity. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. No new Alien type movies have came out in a while and the couple that did (Prometheus, Covenant) did not do really well.

Star Wars and Marvel are a sure bet, gold mine.

I'm not opposed to star wars or marvel but I like many of you would like variety in releases.

However, from a business perspective the cost of acquiring a license is surely not cheap and to invest that kind of money has to be a sure bet.

Those of us that still randomly watch Alien/Aliens would jump on a new figure release, the majority of collectors, probably not.

I can admit to being hot to get a figure after or right before a movie came out (such as Endgame IM) now, I don't really have the desire and there is no new IM or Avengers movies coming out to keep my hype up. I think this philosophy is true for a lot of people if they are not a "die hard" fan of that film.

I think our only hope for a revisit of Alien/Aliens would be if Hollywood did a reboot of those movies.

I am sure Hot Toys are raking it in so what is wrong with subsidising some of that cash flow into a classic figure, I seriously doubt if they re-recreated the colonial marines that they would be left on the shelves.

I don't know if its more difficult to get a license as it is just a matter of popularity. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. No new Alien type movies have came out in a while and the couple that did (Prometheus, Covenant) did not do really well.
......I think our only hope for a revisit of Alien/Aliens would be if Hollywood did a reboot of those movies.

But Prometheus and Covenant essentially were that. Hot Toys acquired those licenses and did nothing with them and they only released 2 figures from the classic movies before again calling it a day.

It's over as far as Hot Toys is concerned.

Indy, hands down. Maybe a DX that can cover the first three films. Don’t recall his look being too different between them.

Fans of classic movies in general would want them. However I don't know if I would to be honest because I cut back to a very select few licenses and Hot Toys are more money that I usually want to spend on a toy nowadays.

Fans of classic movies in general would want them. However I don't know if I would to be honest because I cut back to a very select few licenses and Hot Toys are more money that I usually want to spend on a toy nowadays.

Yea they are starting to be 400 now. That?s to much for a twelve inch figure. No wonder people are doing the mezco figures now.

300 is probably as high as I?ll go

An accurate Indy would be the ultimate Grail for me. There is hope with the new film coming.

Indy is my choice too. I doubt we'll get anything for the new movie apart from a 77 year old Indy that's inexplicably perfect, then they'll have a straight reissue of DX05. :lol

Back