What Figure(s) would you like to see revisited by Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff12burq

Super Freak
Reaction score
What figures would you like Hot Toys to revisit and make a 2.0 (or even 3.0) version of?

If Hot Toys were to revisit that figure, what would you like to be seen done differently (sculpt, accessories, base etc.) compared to the previous version(s)?

The reason that I bring this up is because back in 2012, Hot Toys was gaining much popularity as a result from the success of comic book films were receiving such as Iron Man, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and the Avengers. Over the last couple of years, we have seen a significant increase in the amount of figures being produced and an expansion of the company and have now opened a store selling their products. Which brings up the question: Can Hot Toys sustain this high amount of growth? Batman V. Superman does not appear to be drawing the expected interest that Hot Toys was anticipating. Suicide Squad may be their new popular line, but time will only tell. A plus for Hot Toys is Disney’s acquisition of Lucas Film and their efforts of reviving Star Wars and Indiana Jones in the near future. Comic Book movies remain extremely popular, but recent box office reports suggest they may be in a decline. Possibly, because audiences are growing tired of this genre or that the most widely known characters have already been explored on the big screen and new characters are not seeing the same type of success as others. And as a collector since 2011, I’ve seen a drastic drop off in resell for these figures due to Hot Toys either producing more figures or fewer collectors branching out into other lines, most likely a combination of both.

Knowing this, it makes me believe Hot Toys will release figures that are still in high demand.

Personally, I want a TDK Joker 3.0. I'm curious to see what they can do to make an already great figure even better.

gunmetal iron man mark iii

they've already done stealth and regular paint app in diecast so why not do the gunmetal one

my 2 centavos

I want to see a new T-1000 and a classic Terminator endoskeleton. :pray: My DX10 and 13 are lonely.

Hmmmm I know that Id like to see them do more x-men figures besides the played out wolverines over and over but as for revisited figures... id say bane 2.0 with better shoes and maybe different wardrobe options like helmet and vest from stock market exchange scene.. maybe add more articulated arms similar to the dx10 figure so he'd be able to do his famous pose where he holds his braces. . And better fabricated boots and black leather coat he wears in the film. That would be great... also maybe a Batman begins original costume 2.0 without broken ankles and better articulation with a reconstructed suite seeing as how they have improved there workmanship a lot since then... just some personal ideas...

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Oh yea. . Also a scarecrow 2.0 with face sculpt of dr. Crane and mask that could fit over.

Also... hahahaha... now you got me going...
Iron man 3 mark 42 with full battle damaged not just the chest and arms, with a rocky damaged base, and full tony stark head sculpt... that would be awesome ;-)

Oh man it would be easier to tell you what ones I don't want them to do.
Right here's a list
1) Dutch (Predator) Schaefer - after the commando figure I think they could revisit and improve it with the commando body type.
2) Edward Scissorhands - after many depps I think they could now really smash this one out of the park.
3) Iron Man mark 7 diecast.
4) HELLBOY!! Shameless excuse for me to get this figure.
5) iron Man mark 1 diecast
6) Ripley with Powerloader - rumoura are it might happen.

-Jungle Predator -facesculpt improvements
-Lost Predator/Guardian predator- need the updated body still. Or better yet use the correct armor/bio to make the actual Lost Predators from the movie.
-Diecast Mark V Iron man -use metallic instead of grey paint. The metal panels should be individually separated instead of sculpted one piece.
-T1/T2 diecast Endoskeleton
-Aliens Powerloader/Ripley (this one is actually happening)
-Rocket Racoon - use fur similar to Chewbacca
-Hellboy and Abe Sapien- overall use better plastic material
-Edward Scissorhands -they can do a much better headsculpt nowadays

Batman Begins Suit. I wasn't in the "Game" when they were released. Regular and Toy-Fair

I guess 'revisit' can mean 2 things.
*Hot Toys made a version very early and it could use some major upgrade.
or
*You missed out the old version when it was $80 and now you want it @ $300 because you can afford it now :p

I'm more in for the upgrade of the early releases.
Let's see...
* Aliens Marines - I want them with proper likeness licenses. Re release All of them - A new one every other month!! - And don't get cheap on weapon details! It was already great!
* Top Gun Maverick - with correct helmet and actor likeness this time
* Terminator Kyle Reese

*Don't do Rocky or Rambo until you get a good solution for seamless muscle body.

I think that's about it for now.

Back