What Do You Want To See From Hot Toys At SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love for something to surprise me, like HT doing Pennywise, but I fully expect to be disappointed.

Somewhat realistically, but still quite doubtful, I would love the see a figure for the 838 Doctor Strange from MOM. I just really like the look of the blue cloak and I liked the sorcerer robes he wore too. Ooo, also What If...? Strange Supreme too, I just loved that entire look. Clearly, I'm a Dr. Strange collector. :lol

I would kill to also see Mr. Knight with an Oscar Isaac sculpt.

I fully expect an Iron Man of some sort and Spidey too.

Personally I prefer to see “pre-ordered” figures being displayed. It gives us all an opportunity to get excited to see what we know is in the que to be released. Up close and personal images via social media iand YouTube videos. Examples would be E2 C-3PO, Battle droid, Clone troopers, Dr Oct to name a few.

Revealing new figures is only to “WOW” the display and generate conversation. We have seen through past experience it generally goes nowhere (Kit Fisto, Death Star Trooper, Padme) or takes years after SDCC to finally go up on pre-order (Batman and Robin). Yes you can get excited about new reveals but it means nothing unless a preorder is up in the following weeks.

I keep forgetting about the Batman Forever Batman and the Robin figure. Planning to get those, hope they turn out well.

Honestly I’m really low on my expectations. After May the 4th being all clones and droids, and then wheeling out nothing interesting at Celebration, I doubt we’re going to get much of anything. However, Tobey and Andrew, even without sculpts, feel like a bit of a necessity. I assume we might see a Thor: Love and Thunder display which could be exciting but might be marred if they tease characters like Valkyrie and Gorr with ‘will they actually make them?’ questions.

Those questions are ones Hot Toys has brought upon itself. I’ll echo some above, Padme and Mace, along with an AOTC Kenobi and Anakin feel like necessities or else Wave 2 of that anniversary is likely going to be fairly weak. I assume we see some Kenobi show figures as well.

You know what, I’d love to see some video game pieces. They’ve done it with Cyberpunk 2077, why couldn’t they do a Cal Kestis? A Second Sister? Beyond Star Wars- what about Master Chief or Kratos or Aloy? Stranger Things was awesome imo this season, how about a Vecna? They did a Pennywise after all. How about Alien?Terminator? And there I go. All the opportunities for this company and yet they will continue to blindly stay within the lanes they themselves have set because the whims of a few collectors on this forum aren’t their concern. That’s not necessarily a negative from a commercial perspective but it can be frustrating as a long time collector.

So yeah…low expectations. I’d love to proven wrong though.

What I want:
1) Terminator 1 DX with both tech noir look, police station look, and the look after he gets run over by the truck.
2) Alien Xenomorph from 1, 2 and dog alien from 3.
3) Aliens Ripley
4) Matrix Neo from 2 or 3, as well as Trinity and Morpheus
5) Toby and Andrew Spider-Man 2 pack
6) Darkseid from Zach Snyder’s Justice League
7) Batman Arkham Knight Catwoman, Two Face, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Scarecrow, Nightwing, Robin (at least 1 from this list would be good).

At least 2 or 3 from this list will do nicely.

What I expect:
1) more clone storm troopers that all look the same but with a slight repaint
2) reissued Iron Man that’s not even a couple years old (if it’s a figure 6+ Years old then I’m ok with reissues).
3) Stan Lee
4) Spider-Man game suits
5) nothing else because **** variety
Hey, I was *almost* right! Another trooper thing, rapinted iron man, and a Neo from a trash movie. What a win! LO-freaking-L
I’m honestly supersized no Spider-Man for the toy fair exclusive, at least those are usually original (like scarlet Spider and the 2099 suit were, I liked those and scarlet spider is my favorite Spider-Man figure).
I guess I can be happy that we are getting a non-Disney character in Neo, that’s cool I guess. It’s probably the only non-Disney character we will see new figure wise.

In the spirit of diplomacy, I'd like to see a preorder for Kit Fisto.

1657123657080.png

That's the most I'll play in their current sandbox and even that won't happen.

I would love to see…

Death Squad Commander
General Veers
Death Star Droid
Romero Joker
Anything Batman 1966
Alien Big Chap
Batman Returns Catwoman
Batman Returns Penguin
Mantis
Valkrye
A Jawa reissue as a single or double pack to army build.
An ESB Boba Fett with a turquoise green as he appears in the Cloud City scenes and not the olive green.
Snowtrooper Commander
Shazam
Mary Marvel

Unfortunately, I don’t expect to see any of these but I can continue to hope.

Not sure if we’ll see it but for me…

Starwars: Bespin Han
DC: Clooney Batman
Marvel: Mark 3 Ironman reissue 😂
Misc: Dutch, Predator (87), or anything Terminator 1.

Han Solo (Bespin)
Indiana Jones (ToD)
Spider-Man (Maguire and Garfield from NWH)

Can't really think of anything else I'd immediately be interested in at the top of my head

Back