What are your essential 1/6 Star Wars figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, my collection currently is

Hot Toys

Luke ANH
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Luke Jedi
Luke Endor
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Vader ANH
Tarkin
RO Stormtrooper
The Emperor
Obi-Wan ANH
Obi-Wan ROTS
Anakin Dark Side
Yoda ESB
Yoda AOTC
Wicket
Boba Fett ESB
The Mandalorian
Heavy Mando

Sideshow

Luke Hoth/Tauntaun
Jabba V2
Mythos Obi-Wan
Mythos Boba
Bossk V2
Tusken Raider
Hammerhead
Greedo
Lando Skiff Guard

R2 and 3PO Die Cast Tamashii

I think you have a solid collection. Don't sell off anything you feel like you may regret even a little bit down the road because some of those can't be purchased back without paying a ton more.

But if I absolutely had to narrow it down in the name of saving space, I would only keep:

Hot Toys
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Yoda ESB
Boba Fett ESB

Obi-Wan ROTS
Anakin Dark Side

The Mandalorian

Tamashii R2 and 3PO Die Cast

Sideshow Luke Hoth/Tauntaun

And then pick up the Hot Toys ESB Vader. Sell off the ANH Han for a Bespin Han if/when they release one.

That way you have a nice cohesive OT display focused around ESB and representation from the ST and The Mandalorian with the main characters.

I think you have a solid collection. Don't sell off anything you feel like you may regret even a little bit down the road because some of those can't be purchased back without paying a ton more.

But if I absolutely had to narrow it down in the name of saving space, I would only keep:

Hot Toys
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Yoda ESB
Boba Fett ESB

Obi-Wan ROTS
Anakin Dark Side

The Mandalorian

Tamashii R2 and 3PO Die Cast

Sideshow Luke Hoth/Tauntaun

And then pick up the Hot Toys ESB Vader. Sell off the ANH Han for a Bespin Han if/when they release one.

That way you have a nice cohesive OT display focused around ESB and representation from the ST and The Mandalorian with the main characters.

Thanks man, some good advice there. If hot toys would finally put up their Bespin Han, I’d sell the ANH version without hesitation. Would definitely prefer an ESB focused collection, still holding out hope they do a Bespin escape Leia so I can sell the Bespin gown version.

Honestly I think you have a pretty good list as is. But I can see a few that seem extraneous.

I think you can get rid of one of the Jedi Lukes: either the Endor or Jedi one. I would probably go with the Endor just because it has a little more gear. If there are any missing accessories, I would get those on Ebay or ToyAnxiety.

Tarkin
Yoda AOTC
Wicket
Heavy Mando
Mythos Obi
Mythos Boba
Hammerhead
Greedo
Lando Skiff

And if you really want to pare it down:
Emperor
Obi ROTS
Anakin
Jabba
Bossk

So for the super pared down list, you'd be left with:
Luke ANH
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Luke Endor
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Vader ANH
RO Stormtrooper
Obi-Wan ANH
Yoda ESB
Boba Fett ESB
Mando
Luke Hoth/Tauntaun
Tusken Raider

You'll have a few Lukes, but he seems to be your favorite so why not have all his looks. Then it's one version of each character, with a few rogues to balance things out. I think getting rid of most Sideshow figures is a good step, even though I do agree their later figures have been decent.

Maybe switch out Bespin Leia with Endor Leia so she goes with Endor Luke, and you can probably keep Wicket in that scenario too so you have a nice Endor set.

Thanks for the advice man, solid ideas.

Thanks man, some good advice there. If hot toys would finally put up their Bespin Han, I’d sell the ANH version without hesitation. Would definitely prefer an ESB focused collection, still holding out hope they do a Bespin escape Leia so I can sell the Bespin gown version.

No problem. Bespin escape seems like an easy figure for them to do. Maybe as a convention exclusive.

You should pick up the ESB Vader while you still can for retail. I don't think you'll be selling off the DX Luke in any case so it would be good to have regardless of what you decide to do.

If I sold everything, the last thing I'd sell would be all the A New Hope releases. Even if I had other releases to fall back on, it'd still be what I kept, but it absolutely helps that they've pretty much done everyone from ANH that they will ever probably do. I was lucky to get into Hot Toys in 2016 and I got everyone back then except the Sandtrooper and Death Star Gunner, which I regret slightly.

These are the ones I own so far:

1. Rey (Force Awakens)
2. Rey (The Last Jedi)
3. Princess Leia (A New Hope)
4. General Organa (The Last Jedi)
5. Old Luke Skywalker (The Last Jedi)
6. Jyn Erso (Rogue One)
7. OG Mando
8. Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
9. K-2S0 (Rogue One)
10. Stormtrooper (A New Hope)
11. Han Solo (A New Hope)
12. DLX Din & Grogu (The Mandalorian)

But these are the ones I would grab on the way out if my house was burning down:

1. Force Awakens Rey
2. Princess Leia ANH
3. Jyn Erso
4. OG Mando
5. K-2S0

First, ask yourself how many trilogies/media you want to represent.

From there, pick each film, and select which two figures, in your opinion, best represent that film. In my mind, Mando is required at this point, whereas the ST, Clone Wars, and AOTC are not.

So for example, for me:

TPM: Qui-Gon and Maul
AOTC: (Struggled here) but I'd probably say Jango and Dooku
ROTS: Obi-Wan and DS Anakin

A New Hope: Han and Chewie
ESB: Hoth Luke and Leia, and if you're feeling like going with a +1, Yoda
ROTJ: Boba and Jedi Luke.

TFA: Scavenger Rey and Finn...Maybe replace scavenger Rey with old Han? Scav Rey is more or less "the" image for this movie though.
TLJ: Hermit Luke and...maybe Leia? I'd say Jedi Rey but then you're tripling up.
ROS: You're locked into Rey and Kylo, the latter seems to be the best release though so I'd make that a hard lock here.

Mando

S1: Durasteel Mando and IG (plus Grogu)
S2: Beskar Mando and Bo Katan or Ahsoka

That is a good list. If I had to do two figures a film, I would go with similar choices. But no Vader? I would switch on chewie for Vader.

I’m sitting at forty-two Star Wars figures and counting. Have a few Sequel Trilogy figures that I want to sell off, but they’ll be replaced by others.

Don't know what the OP started with or is building to? For such a sprawling franchise managed a top 20 essentials (top 5 in bold) for me right now
Luke gets 3, it's still all about his arc for me.
If I had to I'd start paring away in order from the bottom up

OT
1. 2. 3. Luke (ANH / ESB / ROTJ
4. Vader (ESB or any
5. Yoda
6. Leia (ANH
7. R2
8. Han Solo (ANH
9. Chewbacca ( ANH
10. 3PO

11. Obi Wan (ANH
12. Boba Fett (ESB
13. Lando (ESB
14. Storm Trooper (ANH
15. . Emperor (ROTJ
__. Bounty Hunters (ESB absolutely love them but not essential

PT
16. Anakin (ROTS Dark
17. Padme (any yet
18. Maul
19. Obi-Wan (although his new series one might replace)

R1
Love them but not esentail

ST
None!

Mando
20. Mando with Grogu
21. Ashoka (coming soon, most memorable thing to come out of the animated U. and crossover to live action - where Lucas/Filoniverse + Favreauverse collide.
22. Full circle back to New Jedi Luke

Last edited:
You could choose based on contrasting designs and colour, and focused on a film.

ESB

• Darth Vader (ROTJ when they get to it, or ESB)
  • Boba Fett ESB
  • Luke (upcoming Snowspeeder Pilot)
  • Yoda ESB
  • R2 (HT version)
In that list you have most of the colours used in OT costumes, reference mechanical droids, the Dark Side and the Light, the central hero, Scum & Villainy, and an alien.

Don't know what the OP started with or is building to? For such a sprawling franchise managed a top 20 essentials (top 5 in bold) for me right now
As of a few months ago when OP posted the thread, this is what they had when I asked.

Ok, my collection currently is

Hot Toys

Luke ANH
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Luke Jedi
Luke Endor
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Vader ANH
Tarkin
RO Stormtrooper
The Emperor
Obi-Wan ANH
Obi-Wan ROTS
Anakin Dark Side
Yoda ESB
Yoda AOTC
Wicket
Boba Fett ESB
The Mandalorian
Heavy Mando

Sideshow

Luke Hoth/Tauntaun
Jabba V2
Mythos Obi-Wan
Mythos Boba
Bossk V2
Tusken Raider
Hammerhead
Greedo
Lando Skiff Guard

I basically collecting the Dark Side/ bad guys from the the PT,OT,and ST.

I have everyone (still waiting for Jango Fett)... so far just missing these four to complete my collection:

1) ROTS Darth Sidious
2) ROTS Darth Vader
3) ROTJ Darth Vader (skipped ESB)
3) HT Grievous (if this would ever happen)

Last edited:
nice list of stuff. my collection is growing. dont know where to start. so let`s see.
HT ANH.
GRANDMOFF TARKIN
OBI-WAN KENOBI
PRINCESS LEIA
ANH DARTH VADER
HAN AND CHEWIE 2/PACK
LUKE SKYWALKER ANH
LUKE STORMTROOPER
HAN STORMTROOPER
STORMTROOPER 2/PACK.
SIDESHOW LUKE XWING
commander praji.
TAMASHI. C3-PO
SIDESHOW ANH
R2-D2
TUSKEN RAIDER
SANDTROOPER.
CORP
SERGANT
COMMANDER
HT ESB.
PRINCESS LEIA HOTH/ BESPIN
DARTH VADER
DX07 LUKE.

This is really a thing of personal preference, but given your list of what you have, this would be who I would keep:

Hot Toys

Luke ANH
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Luke Jedi
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Vader ANH
Tarkin
RO Stormtrooper
The Emperor
Obi-Wan ANH
Yoda ESB
Wicket
Boba Fett ESB
The Mandalorian

Sideshow

Jabba V2
Tusken Raider
Greedo

Again, just my opinion. I hate to get rid of any of my collection, but I've narrowed mine down a couple of times over the years. I've also regretted getting rid of some of them and bought them again.

Back