What are your essential 1/6 Star Wars figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightstalker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking to pare my Hot Toys and Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 figures back and sell off a fair few and I?m torn as to what to sell and what to keep. I like all the ones I have, but I’ve come to the realisation that I have too many figures and not enough space so I’d be interested to know what Star Wars figures in your collections you think are essential and would be reluctant to or would never sell.

Hot toys Bespin Luke set and Hot toys jedi Luke and Hot toys A New Hope Vader and Empire Vader. Those are the only ones I currently have but want the droids and Bespin Solo and a great Chewbacca and Empire Lando as well.

Not the thread for me. Keep all your Star Wars stuff.
dcc8f14ef5ef9059c6c18381592c46d8.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hot toys Bespin Luke set and Hot toys jedi Luke and Hot toys A New Hope Vader and Empire Vader. Those are the only ones I currently have but want the droids and Bespin Solo and a great Chewbacca and Empire Lando as well.

Nice, actually the Bespin Luke set was high on my list to sell haha. Main reason being Hot Toys releasing a new version sometime within the next decade, if we’re lucky, but also because my ones are both starting to show signs of age, mostly with their boots, and the magnets having completely fallen off their holsters.

I have only a few SW1/6

jedi Luke
Emporer
Vader (SS)
R2(SS)
3p0 (SS)

Rey
Kylo
FO stormie
Phasma

But I refuse to buy any more until we get Bespin Han and a decent Chewie.

Then I?d buy Hoth Leia, and Bespin Luke and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only a few SW1/6

jedi Luke
Emporer
Vader (SS)
R2(SS)
3p0 (SS)

Rey
Kylo
FO stormie
Phasma

But I refuse to buy any more until we get Bespin Han and a decent Chewie.

Then I?d buy Hoth Leia, and Bespin Luke and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair call, maybe I should do the same thing haha.

Nice, actually the Bespin Luke set was high on my list to sell haha. Main reason being Hot Toys releasing a new version sometime within the next decade, if we?re lucky, but also because my ones are both starting to show signs of age, mostly with their boots, and the magnets having completely fallen off their holsters.
If nothing is wrong with the dx07 I'd keep it. Unless you like that weird looking Luke sculpt. I didn't even like the Bespin sculpt too much so I sculpted my own.
144e64512c09547deb0667ee9bd3cb0a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

For me it's:

Vader (current SS version with HT base)
ANH Han and Chewie (HT)
ROTJ Luke (Don't have one but I'd like to get one)
Darth Maul (SS Naboo version with medicom V2 robe, DX HT goggles and wrist link on HT Quigon base)
EP3 Obiwan and Anakin (HT)
R2D2 and C3PO (I'll eventually get them)

You could post a list of your figures for input.

But when people just try to keep the essentials, usually it’s one figure per character or sticking to certain movies of a specific theme like just troopers or only Jedi.

When I started I told myself I'd only get the Sith and maybe some Empire characters, so I passed on all the "core" ones. Now I've extended it to generally Force Users. Mostly because most of my favourites are from the EU and they'll never get figures, so it's better to have a Luke than just have Dooku represent SW for me. And also because while the average Sith is cooler than the average Jedi, I’ve gotten a bit tired of just how 2-D they all are, so I’m just going by which Force User has the coolest lightsaber, robes and feats. Any “ideology” that is to be found in both Orders is downright laughable. Anyway, for me, I'd consider the Jedi & Sith across the Eras the core of the collection, so I'd focus on them (which I am technically doing). However, if you were to break it down by Era, you'd have non-Force Users as well, such as Han & Chewie, Rex from TCW, Tarkin, and so on. For most people the core of SW is:
>Luke (ANH, Bespin, ROTJ)
>Han
>Chewie
>Leia
>Ben Kenobi
>Vader
>Boba Fett
>Emperor
>Yoda
>C-3PO + R2-D2
+
>Anakin (ROTS)
>Obi-Wan (ROTS)
>Ahsoka (TCW)
-
I think most would stop there when they're talking about the "Core of SW". Then you have fan favourites and characters with expanded arcs who became a big part of the Canon later, such as Maul, Grievous, Lando, Rex and so on. The ST is such a mess that beyond Driver being a great actor and making Kylo cool, I don't think anyone would call them essential. Maybe Old Hermit Luke because the look is great and you can pretend it's some EU Luke or something. Now with the Mandalorian we've got more characters coming in out, with Din himself becoming a fast fan-favourite. But I doubt anyone would call Bo-Katan a core character.

As it stands, I've never really felt the need to complete certain casts because I've just never been enough of a Han/Chewie/Yoda/etc fan to throw the cash at them, much less now when they're going for aftermarket prices. However, the difference between them and something like, say, the Avengers, is that while I don't have the slightest urge to buy a complete Avengers team (I’ve always loved Iron Man a lot, but I never fully got into the Avengers or the JL or whatever that much; with Capes you have to focus on only a select few characters) or get all the figures of the new fad/hit of the month, if I had infinite money and space, I'd go back and surely buy all the SW stuff and make small dioramas about key scenes from the Saga. But, as it stands, I have set limits so I'm focusing only on the few characters I like. Beyond that, I don't much care about having them be from the same movie/show and just buy whichever costume/look I prefer.

Personally, my current plan is to get Obi-Wan & Anakin from TCW, a Jedi Master Luke, wait for the inevitable ROTJ Vader, cross my fingers for a TROS Sidious and a ROTS Palpatine and we'll see where I'll go from there. But if I had to pick the smallest circle of essential SW characters, I'd go with:
>RotJ Luke, Emperor, Vader
>ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan
-
You get the core characters of both Eras and then you build around them if you wish to continue. You can go the Empire’s way and stock up on Troopers and Moffs, you can build the Jedi or Sith Orders and so on. You just have to juggle it all with all the other licenses you’re interested in.

Anakin ROTS
Obi Wan ROTS
Mando (Original)
Mando (Deluxe)
Yoda ATOC
Dooku ATOC
Luke ROTJ
Maul TPM
Vader RO/ESB
Boba ESB

You could post a list of your figures for input.

But when people just try to keep the essentials, usually it?s one figure per character or sticking to certain movies of a specific theme like just troopers or only Jedi.

Ok, my collection currently is

Hot Toys

Luke ANH
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Luke Jedi
Luke Endor
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Vader ANH
Tarkin
RO Stormtrooper
The Emperor
Obi-Wan ANH
Obi-Wan ROTS
Anakin Dark Side
Yoda ESB
Yoda AOTC
Wicket
Boba Fett ESB
The Mandalorian
Heavy Mando

Sideshow

Luke Hoth/Tauntaun
Jabba V2
Mythos Obi-Wan
Mythos Boba
Bossk V2
Tusken Raider
Hammerhead
Greedo
Lando Skiff Guard

R2 and 3PO Die Cast Tamashii

Honestly I think you have a pretty good list as is. But I can see a few that seem extraneous.

I think you can get rid of one of the Jedi Lukes: either the Endor or Jedi one. I would probably go with the Endor just because it has a little more gear. If there are any missing accessories, I would get those on Ebay or ToyAnxiety.

Tarkin
Yoda AOTC
Wicket
Heavy Mando
Mythos Obi
Mythos Boba
Hammerhead
Greedo
Lando Skiff

And if you really want to pare it down:
Emperor
Obi ROTS
Anakin
Jabba
Bossk

So for the super pared down list, you'd be left with:
Luke ANH
Luke Bespin 2 pack
Luke Endor
Leia Bespin
Han/Chewie ANH
Vader ANH
RO Stormtrooper
Obi-Wan ANH
Yoda ESB
Boba Fett ESB
Mando
Luke Hoth/Tauntaun
Tusken Raider
R2 and 3PO Die Cast Tamashii

You'll have a few Lukes, but he seems to be your favorite so why not have all his looks. Then it's one version of each character, with a few rogues to balance things out. I think getting rid of most Sideshow figures is a good step, even though I do agree their later figures have been decent.

Maybe switch out Bespin Leia with Endor Leia so she goes with Endor Luke, and you can probably keep Wicket in that scenario too so you have a nice Endor set.

Really been focused on Marvel and DC lately. Not enough OT releases or I would own more. The latest trilogy has really put me off of SW. I don't want any PT stuff. Might jump into a Mando V3.

Currently own:
ROTJ Jedi Luke
ROTJ Boba Fett
TFA Kylo Ren
SS ESB Boba Fett

Essential would have to be Jedi Luke and ROTJ Boba. Upcoming HT ESB Luke Orange Flight suit will be essential.

I only started collecting Hot Toys about six months ago, and now I myself am starting to wonder how many I really NEED. I have a mix of PT, OT, and ST currently. Mostly concentrated on The Last Jedi and The Mandalorian. I went on something of a binge playing catch up on the secondary market.

Most of them are still in boxes waiting for our remodeling project to finish, but I'm already considering downsizing.

If I was forced to keep a few favorites, I would want to hold on to characters that not only look cool but that I consider admirable, worthy of looking up to. For me that would be Din Djarin and Crait Luke Skywalker.

I would also probably keep ESB Boba Fett and pilot Luke (when he arrives), since they were childhood favorites from my 90s Kenner collection.

for me, ranked in order of essentialness it would be:

OT
1. Vader (Any of them though i don't like the Hot Toys ESB version due to inaccurate helmet)-If i could have only one figure it would be Vader so he is th emost essential of the essential figures
2. Luke (either ROTJ or new Bespin figure. ANH has too inaccurate a head)
3. ANH Han Solo
4. ESB Boba Fett
5. ANH Leia
6. ANH or ROTJ stormtrooper
7. Deluxe R2D2 (Sideshow is much more cheaper at the moment though)
8. C3PO (Sideshow or Bandai...or wait for Hot Toys)
9. ESB Yoda
10. Chewbacca (the hot toys ANH isn't great but better than the TFA version)

PT
1. Anakin
2. Obi Wan
3. AOTC Yoda
4. Maul (I prefer the sideshow naboo battle version but Hot Toys is also good)
5. Clonetrooper (no good version is out at the moment)
6. Jango
7. Dooku
8. Qui Gonn Jinn
9. Some Clone Captain (I would pick Cody)

ST
1. TFA Kylo Ren
2. Rey (Any of them though Jakku is probably most iconic)
3. Stormtrooper
4. Finn (The head on his figure isn't great though)
5. Han Solo
6. Luke (either TLJ Hobo or Crait)

Other
1. Beskar Mando with Grogu

Honestly, you could pick the top three on each list and have a magnificent collection. Or just pick the top 6 of the OT figures and forget the rest. Maybe get Mando since his character is essential to the revitalization of Star Wars and he interacts with OT characters.

I love all my 60 or so SW figures, but I'd say the only ones that feel truly essential and I could never see myself parting with are:

Deluxe R2
Tama 3PO
Jedi Luke
OG Mando
ANH Vader
ESB Fett
ANH Leia
Resistance Rey

I'm not quite certain if this list is in regards to specific figures or specific "versions" of a character. Going with the former, the following is my list:

Essentials (HT unless marked otherwise):
ANH Han
ANH Chewie
ANH Leia
ANH Tatooine Luke
ANH X-Wing Luke
Bespin Luke DX07
Jedi Luke
RO Vader (is currently my only Vader representation)
Deluxe R2
SS 3PO
ANH Deluxe Stormtrooper set
OG Mando
TIE Fighter Pilot
ESB Fett
Emperor on throne
Imperial Probe Droid

Mostly Essential:
Tarkin
Ben Kenobi
ESB Yoda
SS Sandtroopers
SS Jawas
SS R5D4
SS Darth Maul
SS AT-AT Driver
Krennic
Death Troopers
K2S0
Beskar Mando
Royal Guards
SS Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV)
SS Praji
SS Han in Carbonite
Rey & BB8 set

There are quite a number of figures on pre-order that would slide into one of the above sections, as well.

I also have quite a number of SW figures that I could see them being slightly easier to let go, if needed. Hence, not as "essential", although I am glad that I have them in the collection.

Last edited:
Back