Heavy Metal Spike

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotla

And now for something completely different . . . Eskimo Callboy
icon_eek.gif

These fine folks get filed in the NSFW à la Steel Panther category. Different style to Panther but same positivity / humour / "up" vibe with a reasonable dose of "politically incorrect".

Never heard of them before the start of December when BW&BK once again did what they do best (Lemmy-bless BW&BK).

I have no idea what I just watched / listened to
chicklil.gif
bunnydance.gif
. . . but both tracks made me smile from ear to ear (and are bookmarked), and I happily trawled through their video back-catalogue !!!!!

So SOOOOOOOO funny . . . and so SOOOOOOO catchy. I defy you not to laugh, smile & bop your head.

2021-12-04-01-Eskimo-Callboy-We-Got-The-Moves.jpg

2021-12-04-02-Eskimo-Callboy-Pump-It.jpg

Solidus

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I always find myself coming back to this music video, as it's like the theme song of 2020 in my mind. Pretty crazy that that it was filmed just a few months before the pandemic started.

JMT1979

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
The Midnight, specifically the albums 'Endless Summer' and 'Nocturnal', with the song 'Days of Thunder' thrown in.

Also, the album Night Drive by Timecop1983:

Solidus

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Nice! I saw both of them several times in Brooklyn.

The Midnight did a nice rendition of Gloria last year from his in-home studio.

Solidus

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I'm not a huge kpop lisener, but there are a few Korean singers that I follow. Taeyeon is a former member of "Girls Generation", and branched off into her own solo career several years ago. She has powerful vocal range, and a lot of songs have a sort of "cinematic" feel that I can envision hearing in a movie soundtrack. Although, this is a cover song from Adele, I think she did a great job on it.

t3xAsFi3nd

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Just finished a good workout and had my metallica Playlist going and all of a sudden this song "murder" from UGK pops up. Haven't been much into rap in the past few years but this song stopped me mid workout and I just stood there listening to the entire song. Now I have it on repeat. Very old song('96) which is why I probably enjoyed it so much. Better than what's on the radio now a days. Good workout song 🎵 also, IMO especially Bun B' s verse.

Last edited: