What’s your most anticipated figure of the year?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at a loss picking just one as my most anticipated, but I suppose I would rank them like this:

1. Mandalorian S2 Luke Skywalker
2. AOTC Jango Fett
3. Mandalorian S2 Ahsoka Tano
4. DMC3 Dante Luxury Edition
5. Mandalorian S2 Bo-Katan Kryze
6. Mandalorian S2 Din Djarin & Grogu

I didn't realize there was so much Mando in my top list. It was a very memorable season!

That being said, if the LIMTOYS MGS Figures drop this year, they'll shoot straight to the top!

Medicom Rah, Evangelion Eva 01.

It is just released. Mine is on the way. :D

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15
I collect mostly 1/12 so I should probably answer this on the Fwoosh, but ah heck....why not.

GI Joe Classified Storm Shadow
View attachment 553651

SHF Boba Fett......maaan. This looks SO freaking good. I hope they can get the actual product looking this nice.

View attachment 553652

And this one is way out of left field, but I've always liked ancient Egyptian stuff since I was a little kid. This is the Figma Table Museum King Tut figure, with sarcophagus. I just think it looks like so much fun.

View attachment 553653

Well...halfway through 2022 and I have 2 out of the 3 figures I wanted.

The SHF Boba Fett is a total home run for me. Other than the slightly wonky side eye, it's pretty much perfect.

Next came Storm Shadow, and I was just a bit let down by a few things like the accessories and stuck joints. But it was also a relatively cheap figure, and my gripes are pretty minor. Still very happy with it.

The Figma King Tut is pushed back to September, so I might not get it til October or later. Fingers crossed that it looks as good as the promo shots. The quality of the paint is crucial and that's what's gonna make or break this toy. Hope it comes out awesome!

Half way through the year and Neca’s 1/4 Predator snuck to the top of the list for me lol. Reissue for them but one of those figures I missed out on the first time around. I’m sure my mind will change once Mando Luke or Inart Joker releases.

Right now I've decided to collect only Storm Collectibles (NO MK tho) and Neca TMNT. Theres too much great stuff out there and yet to be released, i needed to put a limit lol. If released on time my most anticipated will DEFINITELY be Storm Collectibles Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) and Geese Howard (King of Fighters).

My original "MOST anticipated" were originally Neca's Usagi Yojimbo and animated Tokka & Rahzar (which are all FANTASTIC) but I have 'em now so no longer on the anticipated list lol

It took until we're just 6 weeks away from 2023, but I finally got the last of my Top 3 most anticipated figures today!

I already had the SHF Re-Armored Boba Fett and GI Joe Classified Storm Shadow, and at long last I got my Figma King Tut figure today.

It's not a perfect figure, but I just found the idea of a King Tut action figure very charming and unique. The paint is about as good as one could hope for at this scale, especially on the death mask and the sarcophagus. In fact, the mummy figure has little to no paint...maybe some weathering.

It's really fun...it can either be a "serious" replica of the mummy and sarcophagus of King Tut...or it can be a really goofy mummy figure. They included swap out hands to pose him like a movie monster if you want. The death mask is swappable with a mummy head. The figure fits inside the sarcophagus, even with the death mask on. It's neat!

I would have LOVED this as a kid. I always had a thing for ancient Egypt and mummies and pyramids and stuff. I even still have all my Kenner Mummies Alive figures! Actually, they'd scale well with this guy...he's pretty small...probably right around the size of those figures. I'll have to pull them out of the closet and set them up together....

top 3.JPG

I have Robo and Peacemaker preordered, along with some EXO-6 Trek figures. I'm looking forward to seeing what HT does with Flash's Batmen and InArt's DC offerings too.

There too many, I can't decide :google:thud:

I'm not certain if it'll release this year, but by far my NUMBER ONE most anticipated figure is the NWH Tobey Maguire Spider-Man!!!! 😃😃

This may be an unpopular opinion due to a decade or so of market saturation -- but HT Iron Man Mark III. They really dropped the ball on the first diecast and this one looks very promising, nitpicks aside.

It holds a ton of nostalgia (albeit recent nostalgia) because in spite of my being open to Phase Four at first, the MCU is now as dead to me as Tony Stark :ROFLMAO: ... so it'd be cool to see a great first appearance rendering of the character that started what turned out to be cinematic history.

1/4 The Dark Knight Rises Batman is mine. Love the display base, love the extra mini bust to display the other headsculpt on, and I just love that it feels like the ultimate Dark Knight piece.

If we’re sticking within 1/6th, I agree with @ZE_501 above, it’s Iron Man Mark III. An incredibly iconic suit that is recreated about as well as it could be by Hot Toys. Rewatching the first Iron Man movie only proved it more. This is THE suit to have. An awesome display base as well. I loved that small era during Summer Showcase last year when Hot Toys were making an effort with their bases lol. Either way, it just looks utterly brilliant- a centrepiece for a throwback MCU era display. Hoping they continue to mine Phase 1 a little more to update the original costumes for the most iconic characters of the franchise (looking at Thor (2011) and Captain America: The First Avenger).

Back