What’s your most anticipated figure of the year?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There’s a lot of great figures coming this year. For me:

D0279BB3-5EEB-44B6-801F-1C740759B10B.jpeg

What’s your most anticipated figure for 2022?

It's the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek II, so i'm hopeful EXO-6 will finally release some TWOK figures.

1) Mech Test Tony Stark-- One of those figures I always wanted for the longest time, and kinda got me into Hot Toys.

2) Anything No Way Home-- Without spoiling anything, it's hard to imagine figures from this movie not selling a ton. I never liked Dafoe's Goblin because of that stupid mask, but the new movie (thankfully) tossed it away and we get Dafoe giving a performance of a lifetime.

3) DX19 Bale Batman -- Really curious if this would finally give people the Batman they deserved since this is what, their 5th attempt to get the cowl right?

4) Classic Spider-Man -- Been waiting for HT to make this since forever, although I would have preferred a cheaper option without the glory hole base.

5) Asmus Ash Williams -- Missed out on the Sideshow one and this brings me back to the McFarlane Movie Maniacs era where we got figures made from cult horror films.

Asmus:
Bilbo Baggins

EXO-6:
Basically anything Star Trek other than DISCO and going forward.

Hot Toys:
Snowspeeder Luke
Ahsoka

This is my list for 2022, I have more PO but these are the most important ones I'm looking forward to this year.
Asmus:
DMC5 Vergil Lux edition
DMC3 Dante Lux edition
Evil Dead 2 Ash Lux edition
Hot toys:
Dx19 DKR Batman
Batman Begins Batman
Mandalorian S2 Mando and grogu
Mandalorian S2 Luke Skywalker
Mandalorian S2 Repaint Boba Fett
Spider-man ps4 classic suit
Buzztoys:
White Wolf (Geralt of Rivia from Netflix Witcher)
Virus/Viper Studios
Last of the shogunate (Nathan Algren Last Samurai)

First off, I moved the thread to 'General Collectibles Discussion & Questions', because it's the place "For discussion of any collectible topic that is not about a specific item."

As for most the anticipated this year, I have a lot of Star Wars on order but most aren't as highly anticipated as they were when I pre-ordered.

Those that still are:

HT ROTJ Scout Trooper - this has one is heavy with nostalgia for me.
HT Uncle Fester/Pigeon Poop Boba deluxe - his triumphant (if short lived!) return.
HT Kuill - it's an Ugnaught!
HT Tusken (two 2021 releases I'm still waiting on, and tap into the nostalgia, regardless of accuracy)

Of the non-Star Wars orders I'm looking forward to these the most:

DiD Marseille and Accessory Set (I'm hungry for any Dragon in Dreams release that fits my prerequisites)
DiD Burk
HH/HY Carthaginian Mercenary (an historical subject not often tackled)
HT BTTFIII Marty and Doc (I'm thinking more of the wild west collection than BTTF itself, but the double duty aspect is a bonus)
KP John Wayne (it'll be my first Duke)
Premier Immortan Joe (is it anticipation or dread though? lol)
Threezero Eleven etc (Loved the series, hope Threezero can bring their 'A' game when it comes to production on these)

Exo 6 TNG line
The rest of the Voyager crew especially Chakotay and Tuvok
Iconiq Studios Patrick Bateman
Asmus Ash
Hot Toys Fantastic Beasts 3 figures
No Way Home figures

I'm hoping new companies like Iconiq Studios and Flashback get some licenses that others don't make like 24 so we can some serious Jack Bauer figures.

Hoping someone makes Blade Runner 40th Anniversary figures.

For 1/6 scale it's the Asmus Bilbo Baggins & the Gollum/Smeagol 2-pack (plus anything else LOTR related that they may release!).

Hoping that some of the Big Chief Studios Doctor Who figs that I have on pre-order get released....fingers crossed! 🤞

Also have the Weta statue of Bilbo at his desk on pre-order which is another piece that I'm really looking forward to getting in-hand. :)

Add me to the most excited with Exo-6.
The previewed Locutus and Q tops the list and I can’t wait until the Deep Space Nine figures begin to roll.

After that, Hot Toys classic Spiderman, Snowspeeder Luke and Kuill.

Although that Death Star Commander and Romero 66 Joker would change this list Hint Hint Hot Toys!

Back