Statue Weta: Zack Snyder's Justice League - Superman 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this one and tempted. I don't think you could get a better pose and atmosphere than this one.

The price and unknown results of the portrait are what's stopping me. If this was Queen Studios doing this, I'd be far more comfortable. They're the only ones I'm confident when it comes to getting a movie portrait right.

Not sure if I should wait for QS or pull the trigger.

I agree, $750 feels like its the highest to pay for this statue.

Definitely wait for QS IMO. Once you start paying prices close to the $1000 mark, quality should at least be on the level of QS, Prime 1, etc.

I am not too familiar with Weta pieces but to me they come off as being in the same league as Sideshow and the prices should reflect that. When the price is at $900, you should be getting quality of an even higher class.

Definitely wait for QS IMO. Once you start paying prices close to the $1000 mark, quality should at least be on the level of QS, Prime 1, etc.

I am not too familiar with Weta pieces but to me they come off as being in the same league as Sideshow and the prices should reflect that. When the price is at $900, you should be getting quality of an even higher class.

Excellent Post.

I saw several Weta Pieces at comic con. They're well done, but yeah, definitely Sideshow Levels. Not Queen Studios or Prime 1 (even P1 missed their share of movie portraits)

I'm also curious about the engineering of this piece. I read the cape is supporting the body. I'd rather see an actual prototype vs the digital rendering

Popped in here and was surprised to see such hesitation towards the piece. Yes I am surely pissed about the price tag but I actually went ahead with this one because I am extremely happy with the work that Weta does. When they took back the LOTR/Hobbit license from Sideshow I was very happy with the direction that they took their pieces. Superman was an instant buy for me due to how they handled their Hobbit Line. Check out the likes of Azog/Dol Goldur Torturer/Bard the Bowman for examples. At least thats me though. Everyone has different tastes in these things but I'm confident weta can do right by Zack's amazing world. Besides, I can't freaking fit a lousy giant Prime One Studio into my Ikea Besta ;)

It's just a bit of a risk seeing as they haven't even shown a prototype, just renders

Add that to the expensive price and it makes sense to wait IMO

Plus they're not always amazing likenesses, the bad ones may be few and far between but I'm still salty that they messed up ghost in the shell scarjo

He looks too skinny, should be more buffed, like prime1s .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P1?s 1/3 ZS JSL black suit version is already waitlisted on their website and there is only 1 left at bbts. It only lasted a week, i have no idea how many are left at specfiction. I decided it was worth the NRD to secure one just in case Queen studios doesnt make one. If anyone is interested in the p1 statue they better act fast!!!! Dont count on ssc selling it, as its going to sell out way before they get any

In terms of this statue i agree with what most are saying about it-its way overpriced. I would buy it otherwise to mix in with my other 1/4 scale dc statues- i dont really care if the likeness is perfect i just wanted a fully sculpted, black suit 1/4 supes statue in the collection. I am a bit concerned how that cape is going to support all the weight of the statue overtime.

I'm sure the engineering of it will be sound, I'm just unsure how good it will look paint and sculpt wise

P1?s 1/3 ZS JSL black suit version is already waitlisted on their website and there is only 1 left at bbts. It only lasted a week, i have no idea how many are left at specfiction. I decided it was worth the NRD to secure one just in case Queen studios doesnt make one. If anyone is interested in the p1 statue they better act fast!!!! Dont count on ssc selling it, as its going to sell out way before they get any

In terms of this statue i agree with what most are saying about it-its way overpriced. I would buy it otherwise to mix in with my other 1/4 scale dc statues- i dont really care if the likeness is perfect i just wanted a fully sculpted, black suit 1/4 supes statue in the collection. I am a bit concerned how that cape is going to support all the weight of the statue overtime.

I saw that too. It’s an investment at this point lol. Especially with the really low edition size.

Love this piece but with a $900 price tag I'd at least like to see a prototype instead of a digital render, especially if you're attempting a movie portrait.

As for the engineering, I don't have any concerns. Weta stated there's literally a metal rod holding it all in place.

Even if QS were to make black suit Supes, how would I even order it. Seems like they can?t ship anything to the US.

Even if QS were to make black suit Supes, how would I even order it. Seems like they can?t ship anything to the US.

Plenty of US retailers get their stuff. It's not difficult to get, just slightly high shipping prices, but still fair. Btw guys, IS announced they have this license, so they may make full statues from this line. QS told me they plan to make a few pieces too, but wouldn't specify what.

Plenty of US retailers get their stuff. It's not difficult to get, just slightly high shipping prices, but still fair. Btw guys, IS announced they have this license, so they may make full statues from this line. QS told me they plan to make a few pieces too, but wouldn't specify what.

But the question is, will IS make 1/4 statues?

QS will probably only do a life size bust.

Looks like what they announced might be busts, considering the partnership with Penguin Toys, who also had a hand at their previous life-size pieces.

U0xEG5N.jpg

In2vKM7.jpg

Looks like what they announced might be busts, considering the partnership with Penguin Toys, who also had a hand at their previous life-size pieces.

U0xEG5N.jpg

In2vKM7.jpg

Oh. I meant Iron Studios. They also announced on their instagram that they are making more character.

Will Prime1? I know they did a recolor of their Superman, but I'd love to see them do a 1/3 scale Darkseid. I've been tempted by the WETA 1/4th scale throne version but I'd kick myself to the end of my days if I picked him up only for Prime1 to tackle him.

Guys help me out- I know there are a few threads in other sections on this topic but theyre pretty packed with tons of posts so I figured I'd ask HERE since it IS about Weta Sups. Statues like this are a hair too big for my good ol' Besta setup. What would you guys recommend for a shelf system that is just a few inches taller than the Bestas? Superman here tops out at a little over 25 inches, which is simply too big for the Besta. Its frustrating as I wish Weta would've done this as a 1:6 line like their LOTR pieces. All of those fit so nicely into a Besta with the glass doors and LED lighting. What do you guys recommend for a slight upgrade to the Bestas?

Guys help me out- I know there are a few threads in other sections on this topic but theyre pretty packed with tons of posts so I figured I'd ask HERE since it IS about Weta Sups. Statues like this are a hair too big for my good ol' Besta setup. What would you guys recommend for a shelf system that is just a few inches taller than the Bestas? Superman here tops out at a little over 25 inches, which is simply too big for the Besta. Its frustrating as I wish Weta would've done this as a 1:6 line like their LOTR pieces. All of those fit so nicely into a Besta with the glass doors and LED lighting. What do you guys recommend for a slight upgrade to the Bestas?

Have you looked at pax?

no but I will. I've seen them mentioned here and there over the years on these boards but I never had a use for anything bigger.... until NOW.

Back