Statue Weta: Zack Snyder's Justice League - Superman 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4c8a724956e29d139e3bc733829afa09.jpg

It begins.
I hope the movie is great so we can get the league in 1/4 from weta and QS. Sideshows Movie PFs suck ass.

That’s true in a lot of cases, but the Aquaman that they released last year isn’t half bad. Most who have it in hand like it. The only issue I had with it was that I found the skin complexion to be too brown to match the actors actual skin tone.

That’s true in a lot of cases, but the Aquaman that they released last year isn’t half bad. Most who have it in hand like it. The only issue I had with it was that I found the skin complexion to be too brown to match the actors actual skin tone.

Yea, paint tends to ALWAYS the worst thing about Sideshow pieces IMO. I actually like the MOS PF while I had it, but the final paint on the sculpt was awful among other things like the super thick cape, plastic body and 'belt' being too high. At a distance it looked pretty cool on display especially since the suit and boots were pretty accurate. Trevor's raw sculpt was pretty great as well.

To be on topic though, these Weta pieces I'm sure will be too expensive for what they are. Their LOTR 1/6 pieces are in the $300 range if I remember correctly, so with these being 1/4 we're probably looking at Iron Studios type prices. Their paint apps are clean, and better than SS but nothing extraordinary IMO. I'm more looking forward to what Queen Studios does for their Cavill Superman. Hopefully it's not a comic/movie combo like their Wonder Woman.

This reminds me of the 1/10 iron studios pose.
215b8fc680b5debb1e7890dcfb4f2b7f.jpg

The portraits look amazing but I get the impression the pictures are cgi mockups and not the finished product

Yeesh..I was wondering why this thread is so active

Are they kidding..how much they want for this :thud:

Yeesh..I was wondering why this thread is so active

Are they kidding..how much they want for this :thud:

Weta is always a little high, somewhat offset by their rewards program though if you regularly order from them. I would get $135 back in rewards on this ordering direct.

On their website, they specifically state that images are renders of the digital model only. January 2022 release.

No way I?m dropping $900 for just a average looking render. The headsculpts need work for sure, especially at this kind of price. I hope QS come out with one soon.

No way I?m dropping $900 for just a average looking render. The headsculpts need work for sure, especially at this kind of price. I hope QS come out with one soon.

Lost me at $900 :horror

For a statue? ..some situations, you could put a down payment on a car with that amount.

Good luck to those that want this...I’ll admire the in hand pics from afar :slap

I think it looks really good. The eyebrows are a bit to stylized but the rest looks great. I agree with everyone on the price though. That?s ridiculous for 1/4. This should be $750 max.

Does weta have decent paint apps?

I think it looks really good. The eyebrows are a bit to stylized but the rest looks great. I agree with everyone on the price though. That?s ridiculous for 1/4. This should be $750 max.

Does weta have decent paint apps?

Weta paint jobs are good, but I have never seen anything from them that blew me away.

I really like this one and tempted. I don't think you could get a better pose and atmosphere than this one.

The price and unknown results of the portrait are what's stopping me. If this was Queen Studios doing this, I'd be far more comfortable. They're the only ones I'm confident when it comes to getting a movie portrait right.

Not sure if I should wait for QS or pull the trigger.

I agree, $750 feels like its the highest to pay for this statue.

Back