Statue Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Oakenshield Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Statue

Thank ya! I did. He's still in his box right now as I haven't totally unpacked yet from being at Comic-Con. I don't as of now but when I unpack him and review him for TORn I will have that for you. Its not removable I do know that.

Edit: If others got this put your number in the Weta Tracker above and we can start tracking the hobbit statues.

Hey guys! Just received my Weta Thorin Exclusive statue #282. I was blown away. I really like this line; the scale is the same as the original SSW LOTR statues (1:6) so putting them together will be seamless. I couldn't wait til October for it to go on sale, thought I might visit Weta Cave to get it, luckily a relative in the US got it for me. Thought you might like to see some pics. If you're an LOTR/Hobbit fan, you gotta get this. It's awesome. Weta rocks!:rock FTW!

7636432334_3d0959d2ea_b.jpg

7636430274_55206123eb_b.jpg

7636431528_7bbfff9beb_b.jpg

7636431954_4e63cb7846_b.jpg

7636431126_76f436286f_b.jpg

7636430720_acf5f9636d_b.jpg

Very nice hardyakka_mate :wave...congrats :hi5:.

Thanks for the pics...looks wonderful. :rock

:duff
Bill

Congrats! It's a very nice start to a pretty sweet line.

No worries. Thanks mate. It's even nicer in person. Are you getting this line, too?

I was hoping not to get into The Hobbit pieces hardyakka_mate, but this and the other pieces look so good, I think I may have to. :slap

The October pre-order may be too soon for my wallet though. :gah:

Bill

Bill you gotta get at least the main guys. You are a Tolkien fan like myself and I think you will kick yourself. Do it trust me.

Congrats! It's a very nice start to a pretty sweet line.

Thanks Josh. :duff I was immediately sold to this line the moment I saw your pics of the statues from the SDCC! I'll be waiting patiently for the others. :yess:

I was hoping not to get into The Hobbit pieces hardyakka_mate, but this and the other pieces look so good, I think I may have to. :slap

The October pre-order may be too soon for my wallet though. :gah:

Bill

Ah Bill mate. I know how you feel. Before when I haven't seen the Hobbit statues yet, I thought I'll be content with my current LOTR statues. But when I saw the Hobbit statues pics, I knew I have to have them. :slap
Once the "Tookish" side kicks in, :lol I'm sure you'll find a way to have them. Just like what Josh said, you gotta have at least the main characters.

Thanks Josh. :duff I was immediately sold to this line the moment I saw your pics of the statues from the SDCC! I'll be waiting patiently for the others. :yess:

Well, I'm glad I could help sell you on these items. They look fantastic for sure. I'll be waiting as patiently as I can as well but I am quiet eager needless to say to have these now. :lol

Amazing statue - I've missed the original SSW 1/6 line before - I won't do the same mistake with this line.

Must buy for me! :peace

Amazing statue - I've missed the original SSW 1/6 line before - I won't do the same mistake with this line.

Must buy for me! :peace

Me too Rena Gilthoniel I missed the SSW LOTR statues. I've managed to get a few now, just those that I really like and still affordable. With The Hobbit statues, I will try to not let that happen anymore.

Bill you gotta get at least the main guys. You are a Tolkien fan like myself and I think you will kick yourself. Do it trust me.

Yeah, I know you're right Josh :wave, if it was not for the lack of finances, I would be all over everything Weta porduces of The Hobbit. :rock

Ah Bill mate. I know how you feel. Before when I haven't seen the Hobbit statues yet, I thought I'll be content with my current LOTR statues. But when I saw the Hobbit statues pics, I knew I have to have them. :slap
Once the "Tookish" side kicks in, :lol I'm sure you'll find a way to have them. Just like what Josh said, you gotta have at least the main characters.

You're killing me hardyakka_mate :wave :)
I'm first and formost a LOTR fan, but Weta's pieces of The Hobbit are really tugging at my heart strings :rock. I'm sure I'll pick some up whenever finance allowes. :wink1:

Bill

Well, when you can swing it better do pick up some of these. :rock

i thought the exclusive comes with a shield but in the photos there is no shield?

The shield is the little piece of wood that partly sticks out from the side of his coat. It's nothing dramatic as far as appearance on the statue and will take a keen eye to notice it. It's a variant of the one weta will put up for sale in October that will not have it. You really won't be able to tell the difference.

Last edited:

I will get these no matter how broke I am(I kinda am)...LOTR and HOBBIT are #1 and last to go in my collection if I was to sell it

The shield is the little piece of wood that OU partly sticks out from the side of his coat. It's nothing dramatic as far as appearance on the statue and will take a keen eye to notice it. It's a variant of the one weta will put up for sale in October that will not have it. You really won't be able to tell the difference.

ah, ok thanks

Back