Statue Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Oakenshield Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Statue

Those at the SDCC and has gotten hold of the Thorin Exclusive with sword statue, please post pictures. Thanks. I still can't see from the picture posted where the exclusive shield is. Or is that the exclusive?

Darth Waller - thank you for the photos :clap

These look fantastic. I would love to own all 13 but at $250 a pop, it's too pricey.

agreed. i definetly want Balin & Bombur but if all dwarves are $250 i think the most i will get is 3 maybe 4 :(

:yess:Amazing statues! All of them look great! Could be the best Gandalf out there yet....Thank you so much for the pics.:hi5:

Found another angle of Thorin that shows the exclusive shield, seems that I was right :)

EDIT: It seems that this is the life-size figure on the "roof" of the Weta booth, but since it has
basically the same pose as the polystone collectible it stands to reason that it will look very
similar to this.

CC12ShowfloorFSphotosBatch1full7.jpg

Last edited:

If there is no word from SS making 1/6 these are all must-haves for me :yess:

They won't, at least not for a VERY long time.... Weta will have to lose the license for it first, and that's not going to happen any time soon!

Glad to see the shield for Thorin - truely Thorin OAKEN-shield :yess:

Gandalf looks amazing,i really want to see a good look at the likeness,someone said on another board that its the best likeness they've ever seen......:yess:

Not much shows, but at least that won't tick off people who are unable to get the exclusive version.

From Michael Crawford
abhxt.jpg

I must say that Thorin, for me is the only let down amongst Weta releases this year. Balin, Dwalin, Bofur, Gandalf and Bilbo statues capture the characters perfectly, Thorin however...for me the sculpt lacks the sheer dwarven badassery that Armitage has shown in many promo pics. Still, love the Hobbit line so far. Hope the rest of the pieces will be more affordable.

I'm not a big Weta fan. I'm hoping SS will do these too.

I'm not a big Weta fan. I'm hoping SS will do these too.

:horror:horror:horror

But........ why.....?

:dunno

(you do know they worked on the movies and made the dwarven costumes and make-up, right? And that everything they do is as close to the movies and actually owning something from them that you can get......right?)

Back