Statue Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Oakenshield Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Statue

Good choice for an exclusive for those attending.

On another note, is there anyone going to SDCC that can pick me up the hobbit print. I would love to get the signed version if its 2 per person. If you can PM I'd be greatly appreciative. :wave

Hobbit_Art_Print_.1.jpg

Larger image:

Nice details and very tempting, but as mentioned it will be quite expensive if
one were to get all 13 dwarves, and Bilbo, Gandalf, Gollum, Beorn, Smaug and...
Perhaps Thorin will be enough to represent the dwarves from The Hobbit.

I was thinking about the pricing, could it be that the exclusive, with shield, will
be priced at $225 and the regular later on at $200...?

HobThorinExclusive1500.jpg

Last edited:

Could be, but than the regular edition is much likely a open edition. And that would be another Weta-Fail.

Another Weta fail?

:lol

This looks great,made by the very people who designed the films,can't wait to see the rest of the line from SDCC

Good choice for an exclusive for those attending.

On another note, is there anyone going to SDCC that can pick me up the hobbit print. I would love to get the signed version if its 2 per person. If you can PM I'd be greatly appreciative. :wave

Hobbit_Art_Print_.1.jpg

Ok I've been to comic-con, its now a zoo and this last year a tipping point for many. I have to ask why this is even needed? Why do we need to reward those fortunate enough to go with exclusives when the tickets sell out so quickly anyway? Its such a spectacle and event by itself I dont think these exclusives are a major draw anymore. I go just to see the newest products myself, and take in the geek vibe.

Another Weta fail?

:lol

This looks great,made by the very people who designed the films,can't wait to see the rest of the line from SDCC

I was talking about Weta's past decisions concerning their production policy like open edition etc. An important part of collecting beside great looking statues is the limited edition to me. Collectors allways want something not everyone else can own, too. The statue looks great though.

Fair enough,i suppose we all take different things from collecting,personally as long as i like the statue and i can order one i'm happy,easy pleased i suppose :lol

It's a nice looking statue but I think SS comiquettes are better sculpted. Does this mean we won't be getting anything from Sideshow regarding the Hobbit line? :dunno

Probably not in 1/6 scale, helms and environments.
But I'm sure Sideshow will habe the PF 1/4 license.

I live in Europe (Brussels) and I can wait to see what's going to do Sideshow with the Hobbit license.
If they are not going to do 1:6 maquettes, I'll go to RingCon on October to buy it...and I'm going to have the 13 darwes (Sideshow version if they do it, and if not Weta version if they do the 13).

Probably not in 1/6 scale, helms and environments.
But I'm sure Sideshow will habe the PF 1/4 license.

That's bad, I've always dreamt of having the Hobbit dwarf statues when collecting the SS lotr 1:6 line. Now it seems I have no choice but to get the Weta ones..

I'm fine with the price, but would love the base to have a bit more detail :)

Very nice, it's good to see some new characters getting the statue love :rock

Hi Stiggy :wave

x :duff

Could be, but than the regular edition is much likely a open edition. And that would be another Weta-Fail.

Oh, so you know it will be an open edition? In with Richard Taylor and the Weta crew are you?

Why all this moaning about the cost of all 13 dwarves? If you don't want them, don't buy them :cuckoo:

It makes me sad to see people preferring 'super-hero' looking statues. These, just like the old SSW line, feel more real. I'll be collecting alot of these.

As far as the price part of the cost might be the shield and the fact it's a sdcc ex. So the one that goes up later which I've seen people not see when they read about this might cost a bit less. Thorin looks great, price is ok, and it will be mine.

Last edited:

Oh, so you know it will be an open edition? In with Richard Taylor and the Weta crew are you?

Why all this moaning about the cost of all 13 dwarves? If you don't want them, don't buy them :cuckoo:

It makes me sad to see people preferring 'super-hero' looking statues. These, just like the old SSW line, feel more real. I'll be collecting alot of these.

Why moan about the cost of 13? Well maybe people do want all 13 but not for 3800 dollars. 13*200<13*275.

Your use of emoticons doesn't come off well, by the way.

I get why people not getting all the dwarves due to cost but I look at having all of them, bilbo, and gtg as important as having the entire fellowship.

I will most likely get all 13 drwarves, but in bust form (IF GG does them all) to cut down on the $$ (and space issue) a bit and only get a few statues of the iconic characters (Thorin, Bilbo, Smaug (?), Beorn, Bard (?)). Won't get a Gandalf....I have enough of him to last through 5 more LOTR/Hobbit sequels/prequels. :rotfl

Back