WETA: Sauron 1/6 - 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why cancel?? Nothing is ever as good as the proto, but it’s still good, so why freak out
Not freaking out. In the video they stated this piece has the correct color compared to the first piece. So them stating that I would expect the final version to come close to it. $1k is a lot of money and to not completely like it I rather just save my money.

Last edited:
I think the detail on this looks stunning. It’s going to be hard to see the more layered paint job in photos/videos until someone comes along with an actual good camera (seriously how are we still getting such potato quality pics in 2022?) and some proper lighting so I am holding off judgment on how well that aspect turned out. I’m not really much into statues anymore but have an opportunity to PO this and seriously considering it, would look great to go along with the upcoming line of InArt 1/6 figures.

$1k is a lot of money and to not completely like it I rather just save my money.
This exactly.

And it's far more of a hassle to try and return once you have it in hand. Issues with this piece (and the previous 2-3 years) on top of rising cost is what made me cancell all of my Weta orders and move on.

I am so satisfied with this statue. I am normally a 1/6th posible figure collector but my first statue was WETAs nazgul and I loved it. This does not disapoint, putting it together was a breeze, the pieces were magnetic for the most part. Let me know if you have any questions that make you on the fence and I'd be more than happy to answer!
20220831_011724.jpg

I am so satisfied with this statue. I am normally a 1/6th posible figure collector but my first statue was WETAs nazgul and I loved it. This does not disapoint, putting it together was a breeze, the pieces were magnetic for the most part. Let me know if you have any questions that make you on the fence and I'd be more than happy to answer!
View attachment 597122
That’s great to hear, all the in-hand pics I’ve seen so far look fantastic. I got an order in with Spec Fic last week, figured it will be the best way to have a 1/6 Sauron to go with the upcoming InArt figures.

If anyone is interested in my Specfiction order please let me know, $999. I know I'm going to regret it but need the money now.

View attachment 597122
Looks amazing. Can’t wait to open mine.
How was attaching the cape?
Mine will be sealed for a bit so I can’t check but a few collectors in other forums mentioned the cape not fitting all the way and leaving a gap.

I don't notice any gap. The cape was super easy to attach and the order in which to attach everything makes sense once you have the parts laid out. The cape in fact is probably the most surprising part of the statue as it almost steals all the attention away from the finely detailed armor. Before I recieved it, I was already telling myself that the intaglio detail of the armor wouldn't be as impressive as I was hoping but I was wrong. The other part that surprised me was how awesome the lava lighted part was. Overall, the only thing that kills me is that I'll never be able to buy anything again as awesome as this, I might as well stop collecting now (not going to happen lol).

I don't notice any gap. The cape was super easy to attach and the order in which to attach everything makes sense once you have the parts laid out. The cape in fact is probably the most surprising part of the statue as it almost steals all the attention away from the finely detailed armor. Before I recieved it, I was already telling myself that the intaglio detail of the armor wouldn't be as impressive as I was hoping but I was wrong. The other part that surprised me was how awesome the lava lighted part was. Overall, the only thing that kills me is that I'll never be able to buy anything again as awesome as this, I might as well stop collecting now (not going to happen lol).

Wow. Great review! Saurons armor and design is so awesome. Glad weta knocked it out of the park.

Do you have any other large weta pieces?

So… apparently Weta really ****** up and put the shoulder pauldrons on backwards, and there’s no simple fix because the keys are different. They have it displayed in their NZ offices like that, but it is backwards to how it appeared on screen.

A couple of questions for anyone kind enough to respond:

1) Does anyone know where you can still find this in UK? I’ve looked all over and can’t find a thing.

2) For anyone who has both this and the Prime 1 1:4, how does the two compare? Not scale wise, detail/quality wise etc.

Thank you in advance.

A couple of questions for anyone kind enough to respond:

1) Does anyone know where you can still find this in UK? I’ve looked all over and can’t find a thing.

2) For anyone who has both this and the Prime 1 1:4, how does the two compare? Not scale wise, detail/quality wise etc.

Thank you in advance.
Can't find one in the UK, but depending on how desperate you are, the Tolkien Shop in Holland has him. I have used them many times. Good luck.

Great photos, you captured some of my favourite feature with this great statue - the blue oily armor sheen in the photos are not how it appear in real life - depending how light hits the statue the sheen shows as oily blues, purple, yellow or greens in different spots and colors depending on lighting, just like real heated steel would do. In these photos you see more blue since that is how the light hits it but if the lighting was different you would see the different colors play. It is my favorite depiction of armor in any figure or statue ever. Also the ring often looks yellow in photos but it is gold in hand.

Back