WETA: Sauron 1/6 - 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Limited Edition of 1451"

Way lower number then I thought, tho it was quite a tiny order window for this.

Glad I had a bigger window to grab this then Treebeard, the one that got away!

I didn't think this would go over 1500. I'm looking forward to getting this, the only Sauron piece I have is the SS\Weta helm so it'll be nice to have a figure after so many years.

Shipping delayed to q3. No surprise considering covid supply drag and the war.

:unsure:

Attachments

• sauron.JPG
    sauron.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 58
The short mail skirt and lack of cloak material from his pauldrons was missing on their first one 20 years ago too, might be how the costume is displayed now at weta, not fully consistent with the onscreen appearance
This is correct. They've modeled this statue after their set of armor in their Workshop. It's the set of armor which was supposed to be used in the end of ROTK. But since Jackson changed his mind about Sauron's appearence at the end, we never saw this exact form of Sauron in the movies.

It is tiny differences - cloaks not attached on the front of his pauldrons and the longer mail skirt, the skirt part confirmed by Weta to be gaps in his armor needing covering up when different actors then Sala was donning the armor so they don't consider it canon. It is however what we all saw onscreen and some reproductions like Prime 1 has nailed it. I'm still getting this 20th anniversary model from Weta since the armor will finally have a proper paintjob. The first figure with Sideshow is way way too dark, several pieces of that figure's armor is pitch black and every other high end incarnation's armor is shiny like it was made yesterday from silver.

It is tiny differences - cloaks not attached on the front of his pauldrons and the longer mail skirt, the skirt part confirmed by Weta to be gaps in his armor needing covering up when different actors then Sala was donning the armor so they don't consider it canon. It is however what we all saw onscreen and some reproductions like Prime 1 has nailed it. I'm still getting this 20th anniversary model from Weta since the armor will finally have a proper paintjob. The first figure with Sideshow is way way too dark, several pieces of that figure's armor is pitch black and every other high end incarnation's armor is shiny like it was made yesterday from silver.
Same here. Think this sauron’s paintjob will be nothing short of amazing. Something I feel many other versions are lacking, chrome/silver is what we’re used to.

Just got the email from weta that Sauron has arrived in the states and will be shipping within the week. Crossing my fingers it gets to me in one piece!

If you search facebook with "sauron statue" looks like someone already has it in hand. Looks BEAUTIFUL.

It looks good, seeing some of the "issues" seems par for the course for me. Of course the production paint app. is not the proto. It looks nice and I hope the people that ordered are happy. I cancelled mine a couple of months ago without regret.

Yeah, after seeing that the paint application isn't close at all to the proto, I might have to cancel mine. Such a shame. Other then that it looks great.

Back