Weta Bilbo study?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matner77

Super Freak
Reaction score
It seems that those wizards at Weta are working on a diorama of Bilbo's study [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]. This is gonna be a grail piece for me. Long have I wished for a 1/6th Bilbo at his writing desk, but this is far above my expectations
7c9a398ab98faead20099a600ebb0c07.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I love it, it's a lovely piece and whilst I appreciate all the work they've put into it, no way can I justify paying over £1000 on a single statue. I'll be getting the cheaper (and smaller!) Classic Series version instead. It'll be the first Weta piece I'll have purchased in over 10 years!

Didn't realise that the prices for these pieces was now so high...glad I don't buy as many as I used too!

^ Wow that's a higher edition size than I thought it would be I have to admit...still nice to see such high demand for it as I think it's a cracking piece. Would have loved to have gotten it myself but have no-where to display a statue that size (I had to sell my Rivendell environment due to a lack of space :( ) and then there's that big price tag! :horror

Went and ordered the 'Classic' edition instead...at least that way I can still have it my collection! :lol

I got my Classic version today :yess:...been my most anticipated piece for ages and I am so happy with it!! :love I definitely have a new favourite statue...

bilwe2-jpg.572021

View attachment 572022

Hmm, this might be fun to put with my WETA Hobbit Bilbo - looks like a beautiful piece!

Yeah, I love it, it's a lovely piece and whilst I appreciate all the work they've put into it, no way can I justify paying over £1000 on a single statue. I'll be getting the cheaper (and smaller!) Classic Series version instead. It'll be the first Weta piece I'll have purchased in over 10 years!

Didn't realise that the prices for these pieces was now so high...glad I don't buy as many as I used too!

Funny was watching a YT vid yesterday and there was comment on the "now routine" cost of statues even in 1/6 at $400, 500, 600....and these kinds of price jumps are fairly recent. An 800-1,000 dollar price tag gives me a serious pause.

LOL there are some statue collectors who would sneer 'coz there are a lot of pricey statues out there at this point (like my Mandalorian 1/4 wasn't cheap:horror) but - 1,000$. One thousand dollars. Makes you think:horror. It makes ME think I'd rather have this version of Bilbo and keep the difference. Maybe get a nice poster to go with.

Last edited:
Hmm, this might be fun to put with my WETA Hobbit Bilbo - looks like a beautiful piece!

Funny was watching a YT vid yesterday and there was comment on the "now routine" cost of statues even in 1/6 at $400, 500, 600....and these kinds of price jumps are fairly recent. An 800-1,000 dollar price tag gives me a serious pause.

LOL there are some statue collectors who would sneer 'coz there are a lot of pricey statues out there at this point (like my Mandalorian 1/4 wasn't cheap:horror) but - 1,000$. One thousand dollars. Makes you think:horror. It makes ME think I'd rather have this version of Bilbo and keep the difference. Maybe get a nice poster to go with.
It is a lovely piece IMHO and it probably would look very nice paired with the Hobbit Bilbo...these statues though they are definitely getting more expensive, I just can't bring myself to pay over £1000 for a statue and as much as I liked (and wanted) the full Bag End version it was just too much for me to pay...so I got this version...I'd probably use the difference on another statue though! :lol:slap

Congratulations again!! [ I`m also on FOU forum]

Thanks (y)- nice to know there are some familiar collectors on there...I hadn't been on there for ages despite registering years ago, but since I've recently gotten back into Weta pieces thought it was time to return.

It is a lovely piece IMHO and it probably would look very nice paired with the Hobbit Bilbo...these statues though they are definitely getting more expensive, I just can't bring myself to pay over £1000 for a statue and as much as I liked (and wanted) the full Bag End version it was just too much for me to pay...so I got this version...I'd probably use the difference on another statue though! :lol:slap
Hear that as I luv dioramas anyway. So the full versions of Bag End have been hard for me to pass up on.

But. Everyone knows their own financial situation; and re collectibles - they are luxuries. For some, money is no object. But if polystone, for whatever reason, has increased to the point it's become a questionable decision - then IMO it kinda spoils the joy.

I know many will say rightly, that years from now you won't care about the price. That's true; but then again if it's to the point it's a LOT in the budget, then it's not a sensible purchase. I keep telling myself "you should know when to walk away". Besides, there are other things like vacations to pay for! And 1,000$ is a pretty good deposit on a great vacation. :D :bunnydanc Or just - saving and paying bills.

Guys over on the Flame forum are modding this with fireplace effects, cool lighting for the window, and other "upgrades". Fireplace was instantly something I wanted to add light up effect when I opened this but might do others as they turned out looking great.

Back