We lost a fellow 1/6 scale Iron Man collector yesterday.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My condolences. I've had some people die. You're going to feel what you're going to feel, for some time to come. We don't get over deaths, we integrate the truth of them, and the lives that preceded them, into our lives. Look after yourself.

Very sorry. It leaves a hole in the world. Give yourself time and try to take care of yourself. No need to do anything right now but what is an absolute must for yourself and family.

My condolences. I've had some people die. You're going to feel what you're going to feel, for some time to come. We don't get over deaths, we integrate the truth of them, and the lives that preceded them, into our lives. Look after yourself.

Never truer words said. I'm at that age now where I'm hearing so many people of my parent's generation die. As a kid it really didn't effect you watching your grandparent's generation die.. because they were "old people", and old people die.

Then you get to an age where people you knew as being young middle aged adults are all in that situation.. In the last 18 months I've lost my mother, her brother, her brother in law, my parents best man, my non-related "uncle" (that guy that took you and his son fishing, hunting, stamp collecting etc as a child).. all in their 70s, except for Mum who was 67. Just yesterday even, I was on the phone to my father, and a cousin of his who was one of those "local characters" in the small country town I grew up in, had passed..

Very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself both physically and mentally as best you can, I'm sure he would want the best for you and your family. Keep an eye on his family as well, always stay in touch with them. My condolences.

Rest peacefully.

I know you mentioned you've contemplated selling your IM collection because it reminds you of him, but if he's the one that introduced you to collecting/HT in the first place, was a devout collector himself and it was a passion that you guys shared together, I believe continuing to collect is just one of many ways you can honor your friend's memory. Especially figures that you know he would have also been excited for and gotten as well.

I like to think that when someone passes, that they are never really ever just gone, as if they never existed. Although they may be gone physically, keeping their memory alive ensures that their presence is never fully gone. Talking about them, doing things they would have done, reminiscing about things they did, etc.

Cherish and seize every day and opportunity.

Your friend lives on in you.....the pain will fade the memories never will. Be there for the family of your able.

giphy.gif

My Girlfreinds brother and nephew were 45 and 18 respectively when they had theirs.The former is a builder and the latter a groundsman,both very fit and active.My role in saving both gave reason to my existence.I was proud of that.

You never truly get over the death of a loved one,you just learn to live with it.May God bless you and those mourning your freind.He sounds like one of the good guys.

Sorry for your loss.

Heart failures are pretty common after age 40. The heart attack may emerged because of an arrhythmia or a stray clot. Maybe Barret had a heart issue that he never know or maybe he missed the symptoms. It doesn't matter for him. He passed now. It's bad. Too bad. Every death reminds us that we're mortal. Stress, smoking, obesity (that I have), bad eating habits (well I have that one too) and so on, they shorten our lives. But most important thing is genetics. If your family is prone to heart failures, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancer or any other diseases you must be very careful and do not miss to consult a doctor.

RIP Barret.

Yeah at 43 maybe it was genetic, 43 is pretty young and the heart is a pretty resilient muscle. Drugs can do a number on the heart but as a Firefighter i assume that wasn't the case. I had a friend that had high cholesterol in his early 20's which will probably lead to an early heart attack if he doesnt watch his diet, he said it was genetic.

Yeah at 43 maybe it was genetic, 43 is pretty young and the heart is a pretty resilient muscle. Drugs can do a number on the heart but as a Firefighter i assume that wasn't the case. I had a friend that had high cholesterol in his early 20's which will probably lead to an early heart attack if he doesnt watch his diet, he said it was genetic.

Heart is just an hamal. Just a muscle who is responsible to pump the blood to other organs. That's all. Not any chemistry in it. Just physics.

It's like a gasoline truck which transport too many gasoline but when it runs out of petrol, it just stops.

Sorry to hear about his passing we may not have superhero's in this world but firefighters are true superhero's and run to help when they get the call. The reason i collect my superhero's to appreciate strength courage i get by collecting and admire them everyday to stay strong to become the hero's we all love and admire. Again sorry for your loss stay strong for this TRUE BLUE SUPERHERO Duo Maxwell we will miss you sir.

Heart is just an hamal. Just a muscle who is responsible to pump the blood to other organs. That's all. Not any chemistry in it. Just physics.

It's like a gasoline truck which transport too many gasoline but when it runs out of petrol, it just stops.

I don't know what your trying to say but yes the heart will stop eventually but many conditions can weaken it including drugs, congenital defects, body abuse(obesity) but yes eventually telomerase eventually stops protecting the shortning of our telomeres and our cells begin to break down. It's called aging but skin, immune system and hair break down first since the cells there reproduce so often hence grey hair, sagging skin and vulnerability to cancers and other diseases as we age.

I don't know what your trying to say but yes the heart will stop eventually but many conditions can weaken it including drugs, congenital defects, body abuse(obesity) but yes eventually telomerase eventually stops protecting the shortning of our telomeres and our cells begin to break down. It's called aging but skin, immune system and hair break down first since the cells there reproduce so often hence grey hair, sagging skin and vulnerability to cancers and other diseases as we age.

I don't want to mean anything. Just some instructions about heart. Heart is not a very complex organ. In fact, it's very very simple. It does not have any self protection like brain, liver, stomach, kidneys or lungs. So we must be very careful on it.

By the way I'm leaving it at that. This tread is not for discussion. We must share sorrow.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me, and I will be keeping all of my Iron Man figures to honor Barrett. His passing was a complete surprise. I'm sure if an autopsy is done, they should be able to determine why Barrett died.

Very sorry for your loss. You'll always carry your friends memory in your heart & soul wherever you go. It's been about 18 months since I lost someone extremely important. It's still very difficult, but it gets a little easier each day. Stay strong.

Really sad for such young age. All the best.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 F8332 發送

Back