Watchmen: Tales of The Black Freighter & Under The Hood DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
:rock :rock :rock

Warner Home Video have officially announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter & Under the Hood .

From the director of Watchmen and 300 come two tales from the celebrated graphic novel that do not appear in the new Watchmen film. Tales of the Black Freighter (featuring the voice of 300’s Gerard Butler) brings to animated life the novel's story-within-a-story, a daring pirate saga whose turbulent events may mirror those in the Watchmens’ world. Stars from the Watchmen movie feature in the live-action/CGI Under the Hood, based on Nite Owl’s first-hand account of how the hooded adventurers came into existence.

Priced at $27.95 SRP on DVD and $35.99 SRP on Blu-ray Disc
Release Date: 24th March 2009

Extras include:

Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen featurette
A First Look at Green Lantern animated movie
Digital Copy (Blu-ray only)

totbf_dvd.jpg

totbf_bd.jpg

Surely they'll release this on the Watchmen Bluray as well. No need to have them both.

You'll have to wait several months for that. This comes out just a couple of weeks after the movie hits theaters as a tie-in. I ain't waiting... I'm getting both.

Surely they'll release this on the Watchmen Bluray as well. No need to have them both.

:lecture Says you. It must be nice to be better than the rest of us and have self-restraint. :monkey5

AWESOME cover art. I'll be picking this up the day it comes out. It'll be nice to have this all by itself even without it being intercut with a film release at some point.

Also, I'm personally looking forward to "Under The Hood" almost as much as WATCHMEN itself! That's going to be an hour-plus of pure awesome that I will want to see immediately.

Yeah, ditto! I liked the UTH part of the book...but I always skip it. I get way to caught up in the story to fully enjoy it. Nice to have it as a sepreate peice. I love faux documenaries.

Also, I'm personally looking forward to "Under The Hood" almost as much as WATCHMEN itself! That's going to be an hour-plus of pure awesome that I will want to see immediately.

:lecture
Yeah, me too.
I am surprised they aren't holding it until the DVD release for the movie but I'm not complaining.

I don't know if I should buy these when they come out, or wait until the super-duper director's extended limited edition collector's gift set on BD later this year!

Cool, wonder what the animation will be like. Got any info on whos animating it, i would guss that this will look like Dead space or the Chronicles of Riddick animation.

Warner Bros. may have pissed me off by moving Harry Potter back like they did, but I'm starting to forget about the delay due to all the Watchmen coolness they are providing!

Warner Bros. may have pissed me off by moving Harry Potter back like they did, but I'm starting to forget about the delay due to all the Watchmen coolness they are providing!

It's cool, but Snyder deserves most of the credit since a lot of this is his idea.

Back