Waiting for Reveal: Haldir at Helm's Deep - The Two Towers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen, I'm not saying I wouldn't get Wormtongue.... but he is WAY down the list for me.

- Eowyn makes more sense for who should be next
- Then Witch King - selling the two in close proximity to the other will drive up sales for both - people want that "I'm no man!" scene. Plus it won't need too much adding to their new Nazgul 2.0 to achieve, so fairly easy production wise.
- Thranduil in Throne with berry crown costume - yes I will never stop fighting for it, I was given a taste and I want more - I need more elven rulers looking fabulous. Plus this is one of the only Hobbit characters I've seen a fair few people request in the comments (other than maybe Azog), after this they could consider "retiring" the license and selling it to someone else if it isn't the money spinner they hoped, so then a different company can take a crack and hopefully that will satisfy more Hobbit fans.
- King of the Dead - because he is awesome and looks awesome
- Council of Elrond look Elrond - pretty much a no brainer, for me when I think of Elrond this is what I see. Plus its from arguably his most iconic scene. Should be fairly easy to do too, no need to redo the head sculpt.
- Haldir and the Helm's Deep Galadhrim - awesome characters and design, plus otherwise RandomHero may just kill us all out of sheer frustration.
- Uruk Hai - you need some different Uruks to make those Helm's Deep scenes, standard soldiers, berserkers, etc.
- Lurtz - coolest Uruk, Boromir's killer and a great design
- Boromir fellowship look reissue and Gondorian armor look - no brainer, he is due an upgrade but the original outfit is too beautiful not to be redone plus him and Lurtz together near the same time would boost sales and the Gondorian look is both a cool alternative for the character but can also be repurposed for both Knightly Faramir and for other Gondorian soldier looks.
- Crown Gandalf the White - we all want him, lets not kid ourselves.
- Isildur - great costume, important character and would help complete Last Alliance collection
- Gil-Galad & Elendil - same as above
- Sauron - admittedly maybe not practical, I have no idea how big a 1/6 Sauron would be but he should at least be considered he IS THE Lord of the Rings afterall, the primary villain and probably the coolest looking villain in cinematic history - just imagine if they made him diecast (it would probably cost a fortune - but worth it) plus then the Last Alliance collection would be complete.
- Update/reissue of Strider Aragorn, its his classic look and Asmus haven't really nailed the likeness yet. As perhaps the deuteragonist of the films he does deserve a really solid release of his core look. But the time needs to be taken to get it perfect.
- Black Gate Aragorn with his horse (which has a FANTASTIC design), I would honestly buy this AND a reissue of the Strider look, but if I could have only one more Aragorn this is the chap, he looks amazing, his speech at the Black Gate is great, the costume shows he embraces his destiny and who he is meant to be, I love it.
- Pippin in his Guard of the Citadel outfit and Merry in his Rohan armour. Merry would go great with Eowyn and the Witch king and Pippin would go great with Gandalf the White, knightly Faramir if they chose to do him, and Denethor - who IS going to be on this list... :ROFLMAO: Plus then you have more attractive display options for other core members of the Fellowship
- Easterlings (maybe Haradrim aswell - the Mumakil rider would probably win me over) - some of the coolest looking characters in the franchise. Would have killer shelf presence
- Fountain Guards - the coolest looking Gondorian soldiers, one of the best costume designs in the franchise for me.
- Denethor (in throne) - great character played excellently by John Noble, interesting costume as well, that coat has some serious volume.
- update to Saruman the White, the headsculpt could look a lot more like Christopher Lee in the LOTR movies, and it would be cool if he was in his throne like the new Weta statue. Though the plinth and Palantir are still awesome.... plus I don't own one and want one 🤷‍♂️
- Sam reissue, so then I have the whole Fellowship and to go with the new Gollum figure and Frodo reissue.
- Then, as incredibly unlikely as it is I would rather get 1/6 larger characters like Trolls, Treebeard and Shelob, never going to happen but If I'm listing my preferences.......
- THEN I would prefer some awesome mounts for my figures like Shadowfax, The Great Eagles, Fellbeasts, Nazgul steeds, Thranduil's Irish Elk.... again unlikely.....

....... and then and only then would I get Grima Wormtongue, but I would get him. - PROMISE :ROFLMAO:

@Asmus @inyacher @AD Artwork

Last edited:
Listen, I'm not saying I wouldn't get Wormtongue.... but he is WAY down the list for me.

- Eowyn makes more sense for who should be next
- Then Witch King - selling the two in close proximity to the other will drive up sales for both - people want that "I'm no man!" scene. Plus it won't need too much adding to their new Nazgul 2.0 to achieve, so fairly easy production wise.
- Thranduil in Throne with berry crown costume - yes I will never stop fighting for it, I was given a taste and I want more - I need more elven rulers looking fabulous. Plus this is one of the only Hobbit characters I've seen a fair few people request in the comments (other than maybe Azog), after this they could consider "retiring" the license and selling it to someone else if it isn't the money spinner they hoped, so then a different company can take a crack and hopefully that will satisfy more Hobbit fans.
- King of the Dead - because he is awesome and looks awesome
- Council of Elrond look Elrond - pretty much a no brainer, for me when I think of Elrond this is what I see. Plus its from arguably his most iconic scene. Should be fairly easy to do too, no need to redo the head sculpt.
- Haldir and the Helm's Deep Galadhrim - awesome characters and design, plus otherwise RandomHero may just kill us all out of sheer frustration.
- Uruk Hai - you need some different Uruks to make those Helm's Deep scenes, standard soldiers, berserkers, etc.
- Lurtz - coolest Uruk, Boromir's killer and a great design
- Boromir fellowship look reissue and Gondorian armor look - no brainer, he is due an upgrade but the original outfit is too beautiful not to be redone plus him and Lurtz together near the same time would boost sales and the Gondorian look is both a cool alternative for the character but can also be repurposed for both Knightly Faramir and for other Gondorian soldier looks.
- Crown Gandalf the White - we all want him, lets not kid ourselves.
- Isildur - great costume, important character and would help complete Last Alliance collection
- Gil-Galad & Elendil - same as above
- Sauron - admittedly maybe not practical, I have no idea how big a 1/6 Sauron would be but he should at least be considered he IS THE Lord of the Rings afterall, the primary villain and probably the coolest looking villain in cinematic history - just imagine if they made him diecast (it would probably cost a fortune - but worth it) plus then the Last Alliance collection would be complete.
- Update/reissue of Strider Aragorn, its his classic look and Asmus haven't really nailed the likeness yet. As perhaps the deuteragonist of the films he does deserve a really solid release of his core look. But the time needs to be taken to get it perfect.
- Black Gate Aragorn with his horse (which has a FANTASTIC design), I would honestly buy this AND a reissue of the Strider look, but if I could have only one more Aragorn this is the chap, he looks amazing, his speech at the Black Gate is great, the costume shows he embraces his destiny and who he is meant to be, I love it.
- Pippin in his Guard of the Citadel outfit and Merry in his Rohan armour. Merry would go great with Eowyn and the Witch king and Pippin would go great with Gandalf the White, knightly Faramir if they chose to do him, and Denethor - who IS going to be on this list... :ROFLMAO: Plus then you have more attractive display options for other core members of the Fellowship
- Easterlings (maybe Haradrim aswell - the Mumakil rider would probably win me over) - some of the coolest looking characters in the franchise. Would have killer shelf presence
- Fountain Guards - the coolest looking Gondorian soldiers, one of the best costume designs in the franchise for me.
- Denethor (in throne) - great character played excellently by John Noble, interesting costume as well, that coat has some serious volume.
- update to Saruman the White, the headsculpt could look a lot more like Christopher Lee in the LOTR movies, and it would be cool if he was in his throne like the new Weta statue. Though the plinth and Palantir are still awesome.... plus I don't own one and want one 🤷‍♂️
- Sam reissue, so then I have the whole Fellowship and to go with the new Gollum figure and Frodo reissue.
- Then, as incredibly unlikely as it is I would rather get 1/6 larger characters like Trolls, Treebeard and Shelob, never going to happen but If I'm listing my preferences.......
- THEN I would prefer some awesome mounts for my figures like Shadowfax, The Great Eagles, Fellbeasts, Nazgul steeds, Thranduil's Irish Elk.... again unlikely.....

....... and then and only then would I get Grima Wormtongue, but I would get him. - PROMISE :ROFLMAO:
That's a great list. Mine is similar but I think I like the bad guys more and am otherwise influenced by the armies and characters I collected as a kid (for the GW miniature game):

Top 5 List
(1) Lurtz (he with Boromir were the two action figures I had from the movies as a kid), most important bad guy after Sauron, Witchking, Sarumon and the nine - please don't use a seamless body, with the darker skin colour the joints will not be as obvious anyway and this way it has durability.
(2) Sauron, I know I know he's not easy but would a 1/4 scale body work for him. I needs him... my precious
(3) Haldir (my preference is Lothlorien but would take armoured also)
(4) Shield Maiden Eowyn (she needs the update but the head sculpt needs to be really good, same standard as your recent Arwen) - most important female character in the series (in my eyes anyway)
(5) This was actually a real struggle as there are a lot but for me it's a re-release of the Witchking.

Following on from that my list is almost endless but it includes

Forces of Darkness:
Shagrat and Gorbag
Sharku and Warg
Grima Wormtongue
Uruk-hai (scouts, beserkers, standard bearer and regular soldier)
Cave Troll (Would it be much bigger than the Hot Toys hulk?)
Moria goblin (two pack archer and 'soldier' with shield and blade with multiple unhelmeted and helmeted heads)
Mordor orc assortment so we can army build with slight variations
Shelob (dreaming but would be neat)

Forces of light:
Boromir and Faramir in Gondorian armour with Denethor citdael guards, pipin in armour and gondorian solders
Gamling and riders of rohan royal guard (thinking some helmeted heads but then include Gamling's head sculpt with royal banner in a two pack or something) and merry
Frodo and Sam all beaten up and dirty at the end of the journey (or even orc armour)
Gondor rangers with masked heads but include heads for the captains Madril and Damrod so we could make them / army build (to compliment Faramir)
Black Gate Aragorn
Elven archers and warriors to compliment Haldir
Elrond in Council clothing with stone pedestal that the ring is placed upon
Isildur because he takes the ring but I'm not really bothered with the last alliance outside of him and Elrond
King of the dead because he will look cool but I was otherwise never really taken by them in film or the corsairs and haradrim
Horses pleeeeeeeeeese and at the very least Shadow fax

Ok, then is a welcome gesture! 🙂
These threads are supposed to be fun haha. The idea is to show a unified front to push Asmus for figures we want in our collection. But no one says we can't have a few laughs too. If these were serious quips, the mods would have these hands full between FlyAndFight and myself, lol

These threads are supposed to be fun haha. The idea is to show a unified front to push Asmus for figures we want in our collection. But no one says we can't have a few laughs too. If these were serious quips, the mods would have these hands full between FlyAndFight and myself, lol

merry and pip GIF.gif

Back