Waiting for Reveal: Haldir at Helm's Deep - The Two Towers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RandomHero, your work here is done. We salute you! :clap
Alas, I can not rest yet. This thread must live on until our dear friend Asmus shows us a sculpt or we get an official announcement. But we are getting there!

Until then, we must turn our attention to our next venture. I believe many of us are waiting on Eowyn 2.0, so we turn our attention to Edoras for our next battle!

hi, I got a Yes from the boss, but don't count on it to happen too soon~
there are a lot of things happening this year. :LOL:
That’s awesome, but can we get some replies to potential Hobbit figures some of us are asking for? Azog for example? Pleaaaseeee?

I don't know if anyone here used to collect the games workshop Lord of the Rings miniatures but I did. I received the fellowship of the ring set the Christmas (which was a complete surprise) soon after the first movie dropped and I could not get enough of them. Haldir was the first miniature I purchased with my own money (Lothlorien outfit) and for that reason I've always had a soft spot for the character (I immediately purchased the Helms Deep version too once he was available). I need a 1/6 Haldir in my life.

Unfortunately they aren't as good sellers as LOTR for Asmus so the likelihood of us getting any is pretty slim at best. :(
Hobbit stuff sells. Just look at Weta’s stuff. And they recently revealed Thorin and Azog Mini Epics. Asmus made 5 Hobbit figures that all released around the same time, and that’s what hurt them. Releasing one figure every year, hell maybe two, from The Hobbit would probably do great. It’s not like all the LOTR ones sell like crazy. You can grab Faramir, the Elven Warrior/Archer, Elrond, Galadriel, all pretty easy. Yet them not selling like crazy doesn’t stop them from doing more LOTR. What’s the point in having The Hobbit license if you’re not gonna use it…?

That’s awesome, but can we get some replies to potential Hobbit figures some of us are asking for? Azog for example? Pleaaaseeee?
Dude, leave it alone. They gave you an answer. They don't sell. If you want to keep asking them in the questions for Asmus thread by all means, but don't come into specific threads for specific characters that aren't even in the Hobbit. We all were given some nice perspective in a nice post by Bucky Underbelly about respecting everyone's desires, but don't start this in every thread and expect people to start saying they won't be buying again, which definitely won't help your case.

Hang on, did I miss an announcement? Could this possibly be true?!
Haha I think he was just having some fun based on them saying they had a lot coming this year. Nothing has been confirmed yet. However, we can certainly get a King of the Dead power thread going in time. Eowyn is the next battle we fight, starting tonight, then the future is open!

MediumGraveClownanemonefish-max-1mb.gif

Dude, leave it alone. They gave you an answer. They don't sell. If you want to keep asking them in the questions for Asmus thread by all means, but don't come into specific threads for specific characters that aren't even in the Hobbit. We all were given some nice perspective in a nice post by Bucky Underbelly about respecting everyone's desires, but don't start this in every thread and expect people to start saying they won't be buying again, which definitely won't help your case.
Yup! Regardless of what we *think* is selling or not, Asmus is the one with the actual numbers and if they say Hobbit stuff for them doesn't sell, then it doesn't sell. Just b/c Weta Hobbit stuff sells doesn't mean that ALL Hobbit stuff sells. Most ppl collect one form of media for a certain line, so if folks have already invested in Weta Hobbit stuff, they are less likely to double dip into figures. I myself have the SS PFs and a few Asmus 1/6 and even I debate on selling off one line for the other.

Yup! Regardless of what we *think* is selling or not, Asmus is the one with the actual numbers and if they say Hobbit stuff for them doesn't sell, then it doesn't sell. Just b/c Weta Hobbit stuff sells doesn't mean that ALL Hobbit stuff sells. Most ppl collect one form of media for a certain line, so if folks have already invested in Weta Hobbit stuff, they are less likely to double dip into figures. I myself have the SS PFs and a few Asmus 1/6 and even I debate on selling off one line for the other.
Glad I'm not the only one that struggles.

Hang on, did I miss an announcement? Could this possibly be true?!
sorry..I was asking for those 2 figures in another thread and Asmus actually called out on Wormtongue and adked if collectors ACTUALLY wanted him.
Some said yes,others non committal,and most of us were here for Haldir regardless.

When Asmus recently said that Haldir would be on the cards,but at a later date because they were busy,I chimed in and said Yes!!
Wormtongue and KOTD could be in that "busy" spot.lol

Sorry for getting anyones hopes up.

Just like I've always wanted a Haldir,KOTD and Wormtongue were my next wants.

Back