1/6 VTS VM027 1/6 Scale THE REVENGER ULTIMATE EDITION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the accurate guns, holsters, and knife/w sheath from the first VTS Revenger, looks like they now included the S&W .500 and the 2 ugly MP5Ks. I'm going to try and get the .500, not sure I want the MP5Ks.
One thing they should've improved is that headsculpt, still doesn't look like Stevenson, never liked it. Art Figures' Stevenson sculpt can't be beat.

There is a headsculpt that I picked up a couple of years ago from a british Sas figure I believe that was based on Stevenson and I have it on the original Revenger figure. To me art figures was to sad looking and too much Bill Murray. This is the head I have. Not my Pics. These are be The Skull on here and on youtube. 29055495198_e33b0c3b22_c.jpg42209706274_8a50cc9528_c.jpg

So what are the main differences between the old and new versions. Head sclupt body what about the suit and weapons are they better quality

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Has some new weapon included. The assault guns in his back are new and the one of the custom pistols is new to this release as well

Has some new weapon included. The assault guns in his back are new and the one of the custom pistols is new to this release as well
I hope the outfit is of better quality then the original it was thin and felt cheap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Always a nice feeling opening a VTS/DAM box and seeing the array of parts:

49132293807_5dc443bcca_o.jpg

The head is certainly better sculpted and painted than the 1.0. It's also smaller than the old one. In fact, it looks tiny in comparison even though the first wasn't oversized. Yet the smaller head doesn't look wrong either.

However, he looks to be the same height as the original. Without boot soles he's 12", whereas he ought to be over 12 1/2".

With my originals I pulled the ankle pegs out of the boots to gain some height.

When placed next to one of those 1.0s with the ankles pulled out, the top of the armour collar of the 2.0 is at the same level as the heightened 1.0.

So, the body on the 2.0 is actually taller, but the smaller head (and likely shorter neck as older VTS/DAM sculpts tended to have long necks) has the consequence of making both the 1.0 and 2.0 effectively the same height.

Lengthening the neck isn't really an option as his chin is at the correct height relative to the collar. So it's back to messing with the ankle pegs again.

Damn, I envy you! Mine has been stuck in customs since last Friday!

:gah:

I'm not in the mood to begin assembly yet, so have been looking over the parts to see what differences there are.

On the M4A1 the window on the C-More sight is now red. The grooves in the M4 magazines are no longer painted silver.

The skull is obviously updated and the outfit is weathered.

The Beretta leg holster is also weathered, but the vest one doesn't seem to be. The white stitching on the straps is less prominent, and has been placed closer to the outer edges.

The MOLLE vest holster backplate now seems to be either glued, or much more firmly attached than the original which tended to fall off until I glued them.

The S&W 500 holster now connects to the tactical belt with a shorter, narrower strap with smaller clip. This means it will sit higher on his leg.

The gloved hands are huge improvement over the rubber hands and bulky fabric gloves.

The boots are no longer completely pleather, but have fabric parts with a pair of eyelets on the inner sides.

Disappointingly, VTS still have the Beretta and S&W 500 leg holders on the wrong legs. But that would've meant making more newly designed pieces.

EDIT:

I just pulled his boots off and he has much longer ankle pegs than the original. That explains the extra body height.

Also discovered from going through the spec list that there are six removable rounds in the nickel S&W 500! The chambers are so tiny I had to resort to a finer pair of tweezers to push one of them out to confirm that they were separate parts.

There's a fatal flaw in the design which must've been fudged over by all the photo reviewers.

The tactical belt is far too long. It was noticeable in the box that the vest was sticking out further than it should, because the belt is so bulky and loose there's nowhere for the excess length to go.

I hoped it was adjustable, but the end loops are both stitched in place.

Measuring a belt from one of the 1.0s, the 2.0 is 1.5 cm longer. So I'll use a 1.0 tactical belt to make the 2.0 as good as possible.

It wouldn't be VTS unless they ******ed something up on a figure. :lol

Just got mine in and overall from a quick look he is awesome. The outfit feels the same but the Skull is more accurate to the War Zone movie in design. The added weapons look really nice and the different hands are better than the bendy hands. I didn't see a watch this time out but I might have missed it. I will have to get him set up after I get off of work. I like the new headsculpt but I think I will use the custom head I got a while back on this figure because it was more accurate to Stevenson. I will have to find a bigger body for him at some point to since he is too lean . Overall a solid presentation though.

Just got mine in and overall from a quick look he is awesome. The outfit feels the same but the Skull is more accurate to the War Zone movie in design. The added weapons look really nice and the different hands are better than the bendy hands. I didn't see a watch this time out but I might have missed it. I will have to get him set up after I get off of work. I like the new headsculpt but I think I will use the custom head I got a while back on this figure because it was more accurate to Stevenson. I will have to find a bigger body for him at some point to since he is too lean . Overall a solid presentation though.

The watch is taped up in a plastic bag in the same section as the belt.

moose said:
How is costu.e fabric thr first felt very cheap is this the same here

The material never felt cheap to me.

I prefer the original trousers though as the new ones are a bit baggy and wider at the bottoms.

I can see why VTS did it.

In the film they were over his boots, but as per the Ultimate Revenger promo photos VTS designed them to be bloused over the tops of the boots instead.

I'll change them out for a pair of original ones.

A quick snap after putting the Ultimate Revenger back together again with a pair of the original trousers:

49134228362_98b268f1fb_c.jpg

All of them have their ankle pegs pulled out of the boots to add a bit of extra height.

In this photo the Ultimate Revenger has his head pulled up a little from the neck to bring his chin to the edge of the collar:

49134037991_24845af337_c.jpg

The fourth one will have to have the Ultimate's trousers and long belt (even the short belt is too long for the new figure), and everybody will get properly futzed tomorrow.

49133912958_f3a1cc87c0_c.jpg

The Ultimate Revenger has the belt and trousers from the original figure on the far left, who in turn is wearing the baggier Ultimate Revenger trousers.

Since the original figure had both holsters attached to the trouser belt, and didn't have the 40mm grenade launcher pouch, I dispensed with the annoyingly long tactical belt and put everything onto the trouser belt.

The watch is taped up in a plastic bag in the same section as the belt.

The material never felt cheap to me.

I prefer the original trousers though as the new ones are a bit baggy and wider at the bottoms.

I can see why VTS did it.

In the film they were over his boots, but as per the Ultimate Revenger promo photos VTS designed them to be bloused over the tops of the boots instead.

I'll change them out for a pair of original ones.
Thanks for letting me know about the watch. I can’t wait to hear him up. I always thought the clothes felt comparable to most of the higher end companies.

A quick snap after putting the Ultimate Revenger back together again with a pair of the original trousers:

49134228362_98b268f1fb_c.jpg

All of them have their ankle pegs pulled out of the boots to add a bit of extra height.

In this photo the Ultimate Revenger has his head pulled up a little from the neck to bring his chin to the edge of the collar:

49134037991_24845af337_c.jpg

The fourth one will have to have the Ultimate's trousers and long belt (even the short belt is too long for the new figure), and everybody will get properly futzed tomorrow.

What head is that on the longer haired version?

What head is that on the longer haired version?

It's the Kaustic Plastik Manu Bennett sculpt from one of their gladiator sets:

manu.jpg

I ordered a set of ankle extenders from OneSixthKit today, so the Ray Stevensons can have their boots reattached. After I ordered he said he dropped $50 of reward points into my account which is usable on in-stock items. :)

So I went looking through his stock and saw the Vimal Kerketta Bernthal Punisher sculpt, which gave me an idea. I already have that sculpt with Kit's Ganghood civilian Punisher set so I tried it on one of the VTS 1.0s with the collar removed, liked it and bought another sculpt to replace the one I just removed. Since Bernthal is 5' 11" he didn't need the extra height so I could plug his ankles back in. Did the same with the Rucka style Punisher too, as it's a pain having boots that slide around every time you touch a figure!

49138441591_87c11985fd_c.jpg

Back