1/6 VTS Starship Force Team Leader (Starship Troopers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the deluxe from KGHobby. Looks to good to miss and I love the movie. Shipping notice came this morning.

I swapped out the body on mine for a standard True type clone. The double jointed elbows allow for a more natural shooting pose.

st6.jpg

Time to bug out.

st7.jpg

My temptation with this set is as follows.

I purchased and received six (6) of the deluxe version.

I'm opening one and based on what I read from others, I may possibly swap out the body for a better one.

If I do, do I want to open the other five and and use different bodies and head sculpts for variety?

I don't know if I want to spend extra $ to buy more of the regular version to make it a full 12 trooper squad.

My temptation with this set is as follows.

I purchased and received six (6) of the deluxe version.

I'm opening one and based on what I read from others, I may possibly swap out the body for a better one.

If I do, do I want to open the other five and and use different bodies and head sculpts for variety?

I don't know if I want to spend extra $ to buy more of the regular version to make it a full 12 trooper squad.

It sounds like you are already heavily invested on these so some variety in bodies and head sculpts are warranted. I wouldn't rush in with replacement sculpts for all of them just yet. VTS hopefully may offer up more squad building figures.

I will say that having changed up the pose on mine, I'm fine with the body. It is more "normal" looking, in terms of definition. No body builder here. Thin but better proportioned.

I wouldn't mind a second one to convert to another character but I've got so many pre-ordered figures presently hitting the hobby funds, that it is difficult to justify adding yet another hit to the wallet, at this time...

Definitely looking forward to seeing your finished display!

After getting mine I can say be careful with the tiny metal clips that hold the strap to the rifle. One of mine fell out and got lost to the carpet abyss. Great figure regardless.

After getting mine I can say be careful with the tiny metal clips that hold the strap to the rifle. One of mine fell out and got lost to the carpet abyss. Great figure regardless.
Good point. The clip on mine stayed attached to the strap but popped out of the tiny hole in the rifle. I used a tiny bit of super glue to lock it back into place.

Yes, I did. It arrived in great condition. Beautiful fig, love it!
The crazy thing is that about 20 minutes after I posted this I got an email from them telling me it was getting ready to be shipped. And this was at about 11:00 at night! It's a fantastic figure for sure!

Good point. The clip on mine stayed attached to the strap but popped out of the tiny hole in the rifle. I used a tiny bit of super glue to lock it back into place.
Glad yours didn't get lost. I was able to pull the other one out with 0 effort so I don't think mine were glued at all.

The crazy thing is that about 20 minutes after I posted this I got an email from them telling me it was getting ready to be shipped. And this was at about 11:00 at night! It's a fantastic figure for sure!
Did you get the deluxe or regular? I got the deluxe and the paint on the bug is terrific!

Did you get the deluxe or regular? I got the deluxe and the paint on the bug is terrific!
Only the regular for me. By the time I found about this release the deluxe was sold out. A little bummed but happy that I was able to grab the figure at least.

Back