VTS 1/6 Starship Force - Lieutenant (Starship Troopers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOW!!

Thanks for sharing these incredible photos!

This is a very solid release. I think he looks his best with his helmet on with his head tilted down slightly, for some reason that’s when I think the likeness is strongest to the actor, and he just has more gravitas.

He's arrived but I haven't fully assembled him yet. As with Rico VTS have done most of the assembling already, leaving only the extra pouch to be attached to the side of the vest, and the grenades and magazines to be inserted into their pouches.

100_3345.JPG

The sculpt and its painting are good, and a shame to cover with the helmet. The thinning hair on the top of his head is very effective in hand, though the effect is destroyed by the camera flash.

100_3353.JPG

100_3352.JPG

100_3355.JPG

100_3356.JPG

The bug is pretty disgusting. :lol

The guts look a bit cheap, luridly painted with their thick glossy paint.

100_3347.JPG

I think the underside of the bug looks better with its matt paint, and those creepy fangs. The front section is sculpted with a curved groove to slot over the edge of the base.

100_3349.JPG

100_3360.JPG

Now fully assembled:

100_3364.JPG

The grenades were a lot easier to put in this time around, so maybe VTS realised they'd made the pouches too small with Rico.

Something I forgot to mention is that the base is warped, just as both of my Rico bases were. It rocks on a flat surface, so I'll have to put some sticky pads underneath to level it up.

The magazine for the bullpup is also very loose, as with the ones on the Rico rifles. It stays in with the pose I have him in as the magazine is pressed up against his arm.

Snyderman/Joy Snyder has a custom Ironside sculpt. Might not fit in this helmet but good substitute for those wanting to display the figure without it.

My problem with getting this guy is that they did such a great job on Rico and the bug- they look fantastic on display in a detolf, and adding the Lt. would just kind of crowd up the visual.

Still debating if I should get this at some point.
It's a good figure. Only the likeness lets it down slightly, but everything else is solid. So far there hasn't been a 3rd figure in the line up announced, so these may be all we're getting. Grab one if you can before it disappears and the prices skyrocket.

Both arguments are solid. I'll keep debating a little longer. Have a couple of things on my way to big hobby list I want. Really happy I got the Rico fig.

If you can only get one, I recommend Rico, as he has the added option of displaying him with the black T-shirt and showing off the unique tats. :lol

The deluxe also comes with the complete "bug", even if it is drastically under-scaled. (But still makes for a cool looking display.)

But I think you need at least two figures on display in order to have that 'team' look. (check out Asta's pic above*). That was my initial plan, when only RIco was available. I picked up a deluxe Rico and then gathered enough loose parts to build a second figure. Then the new figure was announced and I waited until loose parts were available and simply picked up those parts allowing me to complete it as the Ironside character. (bugs and all).

*Please disregard that photo-bombing equine in the back...

Back