Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so not too many. Are they expensive, like $50+ a figure?
I bet some Short Round and Willie prototypes are laying around some where.

Some of the Raiders figures are more common than others. Ceremonial Belloq, Toht and Cairo Swordsman are around $20-35 each. Sallah and the German Mechanic are around $30-45 each, Belloq and German Indy are about $50-75 each. The Arabian Horse is about $100-150. Indy himself isn't that hard to find but because it's Indy they're around $125-175. The hardest to find and most valuable is Marion. A nice carded one can fetch $175-300.

I've been patient and not as picky with card condition so I've been able to save a lot though I'm coming to the point where I would just like to finish this off and don't mind paying the average price. Finding Marion is tough though and my last opportunity to buy a Sallah ended up coming damaged and I had to send it back.

As for Temple of Doom, the set usually goes for $250-350 depending on condition. I'm just starting my set so I'm not too sure on individual values but I'm guessing $100-125 for Indy, $75-90 for Mola and $50-75 for the Thuggee.

There are Shorty and Willie protos out there. A set just sold a few months ago on Ebay for $7,500. Though I read a story of counterfeits. Apparently someone at some time had access to the molds and made "custom" versions which were sold at shows though I've never seen them or heard of anyone owning them. The guy who sold the set on eBay has sold other LJN Indy protos as well as other LJN proto pieces so I'd say that those are likely legit.

Last edited:
I'm down to just needing 4 carded figures for my complete vintage MOC/MIB Indy run...

TODThugee.jpg

Congrats, man!

But, damn! Those LJN figures are huge step down from Kenner.

Congrats, man!

But, damn! Those LJN figures are huge step down from Kenner.

Thanks! I actually have the whole set loose but I want to finish the MOC run.

They're a completely different breed, I actually like them a alot. They're bigger at around 5" (like everything else LJN did) and came with a bunch of accessories which is where Kenner fell short. I wish they would have completed the line though and released the Mine Cart set that was planned.

Man - are they all yours!? :lol

I SO wanted a big Hulk Hogan, Junkyard Dog, Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff when I was a lad. :rock

Incidentally, how tall are those larger rubber WWF figures - 8" or something?

Thanks! I actually have the whole set loose but I want to finish the MOC run.

They're a completely different breed, I actually like them a alot. They're bigger at around 5" (like everything else LJN did) and came with a bunch of accessories which is where Kenner fell short. I wish they would have completed the line though and released the Mine Cart set that was planned.

Cool, I didn't know they were bigger.

Man - are they all yours!? :lol

I SO wanted a big Hulk Hogan, Junkyard Dog, Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff when I was a lad. :rock

Incidentally, how tall are those larger rubber WWF figures - 8" or something?
I wish! Currently I only have the Hart Foundation (my personal favorite tag team of all time), and I believe a Hogan and Roddy Piper are in my mom's attic. Just a cool picture I found google searching. I would say 8" sounds about right, without having one in front of me. Here's a great article about them from a great website:

https://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/559.html

and another one!

https://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/622.html

I think I need at least a Sergeant Slaughter from that line... Hogan too, prob. :)

Funny, I only remember having Koko Beware as a kid... Must have been others, though...

I wish! Currently I only have the Hart Foundation (my personal favorite tag team of all time), and I believe a Hogan and Roddy Piper are in my mom's attic. Just a cool picture I found google searching. I would say 8" sounds about right, without having one in front of me. Here's a great article about them from a great website:

https://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/559.html

and another one!

https://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/622.html
Thanks for those links mate! :hi5:

I'd love to find a MOC set of a few of those guys, but apparently it's near impossible these days because so many kids just opened them & destroyed them. :lol

Yeah, I just recently found out that he created the new site. I've spent countless hours reading his stuff.

Same here. I'm all about the 80's nostalgia so it's right up my alley.

I've got a pretty decent sized collection of those ljn WWF figures along with the ring from when I was a kid. Me and my brother used to play with them all the time so they're all pretty worn. The paint would peel off pretty easily with some play time. They hurt like hell too. We used to pull them back on the ropes and send them flying. God help you if you get hit in the face with one. :lol

I've got Mean Gene & George the Animal Steele (my favorite) MOC.

Same here. I'm all about the 80's nostalgia so it's right up my alley.

I've got a pretty decent sized collection of those ljn WWF figures along with the ring from when I was a kid. Me and my brother used to play with them all the time so they're all pretty worn. The paint would peel off pretty easily with some play time. They hurt like hell too. We used to pull them back on the ropes and send them flying. God help you if you get hit in the face with one. :lol

I was going to say something along those lines. Those things were SOLID. You could knock someone out with one, easily!

The only one of those Wrestlers I ever had was Hogan as he was my favorite. I still have it though it's quite worn.

Yeah, those WWF figures are classic... great design and play value :lecture

Don't know if it was a byproduct of all the regulations against t hings that could kill kids (missles firing, etc.) but it seems like the early 80's was a great time for simple yet solid play value toys compared to other times. As a kid I always was a bit sad that I couldn't fire a missile out of the toys I had, but looking back it made for more aesthetically pleasing collectibles.

Man, I had a Rambo figure with a working, spring-loaded rocket launcher. That thing could very well have killed someone :lol I remember shooting it against the wall in my room, and it would make this sickening thud every time it hit the wall.

Yeah the 80's definitely had it's fair share of shoot your eye out toys. You guys remember the TMNT Pizza Thrower?

Back