LIMTOYS - Nathan 1/6 scale collectible figure (Uncharted 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Chloe and/or Sully have been mentioned quite a few times in this thread and there hasn’t been a “no”….so…..hope?

I’ll get the whiskey ready for when R_R_X breaks my heart, lol

Happy you enjoyed the games, even though I really enjoyed Uncharted 2 I still prefer Uncharted 4 as well, just an amazing game despite it's rocky development, with some of my favorite levels, places and interactions from the franchises, I also quite enjoyed the Avery and Tew story and loved uncovering the mistery of Libertalia, but I've always had a soft spot for pirate stuff.

There were some really interesting locations and a lot of detail.

The room with the skeletons of the poisoned pirates was creepy.

You should really watch playthorughs with music tho, it really adds a lot to these games, especially the final boss fight between Nate and Rafe, it's my favorite from all the games and the scene that follows with Nate and Sam leaving the ship almost has a dream like quality to it with the soundtrack, the first time I played it I thought they were gonna bamboozle me and reveal it was some sort of dream haha.

I never thought about the music. MKIceAndFire is the first place I always search when looking for playthroughs.

A quick search turned up this one, which has the music:

So Chloe and/or Sully have been mentioned quite a few times in this thread and there hasn’t been a “no”….so…..hope?

I’ll get the whiskey ready for when R_R_X breaks my heart, lol
I'm trying to avoid any heartbreak lol, I mean never say never tho!
There were some really interesting locations and a lot of detail.

The room with the skeletons of the poisoned pirates was creepy.

I never thought about the music. MKIceAndFire is the first place I always search when looking for playthroughs.

A quick search turned up this one, which has the music:

See that's the difference with having music, that scene felt more charming and romantic to me, there is a sinister undertone in the beginning as they realize Avery and Tew posioned their friends and then it becomes a bit theatrical as Nate solves the mistery of what happened to the pirate lords and does his best pirate impression but in the end it's romantic/bittersweet when he apologizes to Elena and she tells him it's fine because she understands how much this means to him, it's always about more than just the treasure, it's about the mistery. the discovery, the history, it really helps build the scene and take your mind off the table full of skeletons lol.

Last edited:
Kai sculpt is good but lacks a definitive likeness due to his choice of expression. It's hard to place it as U4. I think Prime 1 got it right and I know Lim will knock it out of the park. I'm hoping one of the sculpts or maybe both have some slight damage like the game.
Idk, I think Kai’s choice of expression does a good job at capturing Nate’s charm and character with the slight smile and side eye. P1 captured the a more serious look.
But yes, I’m more than sure Lim will do a fantastic job.

That custom is nice, but I really dislike that headsculpt. I don't think it looks like Nate at all and while the rooted hair is done well, doesn't look styled properly either. So far, I think P1 and Kai are the only ones that got the sculpt right. At least to my eyes.
But it is Nate, from one of the references. Nate in U4 has many assets. The in game, artwork, and cutscenes are all different. The in game and artwork are more wide-square shaped, the cutscenes are more elongated. The one you mentioned is modified from a statue, and I think it is a modified asset and it is the elongated feature. This is the reference they are using. The statue is exactly this one.
frank-tzeng-keyart-final-full.jpg

MG_9302-1024x682.jpg

Idk, I think Kai’s choice of expression does a good job at capturing Nate’s charm and character with the slight smile and side eye. P1 captured the a more serious look.
But yes, I’m more than sure Lim will do a fantastic job.
Kai is also using a specific reference for the sculpt, with expression sculpt, I understand some people might not like it. This is the one they are using.
NathanDrake.jpg

I studied Nate's face for so long and it's all different lol. So it's down to which one you're really using as the exact main reference for it. The in game, artwork, or cutscenes. Oh and Prime1 most likely using the in game Nate as their main references.

But it is Nate, from one of the references. Nate in U4 has many assets. The in game, artwork, and cutscenes are all different. The in game and artwork are more wide-square shaped, the cutscenes are more elongated. The one you mentioned is modified from a statue, and I think it is a modified asset and it is the elongated feature. This is the reference they are using. The statue is exactly this one.
View attachment 574997
View attachment 574999

Kai is also using a specific reference for the sculpt, with expression sculpt, I understand some people might not like it. This is the one they are using.
View attachment 574998

I studied Nate's face for so long and it's all different lol. So it's down to which one you're really using as the exact main reference for it. The in game, artwork, or cutscenes. Oh and Prime1 most likely using the in game Nate as their main references.
I completely understand that and I knew it was from that statue as well. However, just b/c that custom has a sculpt taken from a licensed statue doesn't make it a good sculpt even if they used some of the digital files from Naughty Dog. That's the same argument of ppl who say, actors should just do 3D scans of their face and then give those files to Hot Toys for example, then you don't have to worry about likeness. It's not a 1:1 format. Things need to be tweaked when you go from one to another as well as when you scale up or down. Something in the likeness was definitely lost going from the rendered Naughty Dog reference and the actual statue, and I'm not talking about just paint. The rendering looks like Nate to me, the statue and therefore custom, does not.

That's like when I get a 3D model of someone's house (I'm an architect). I can't just take that model, cut some sections and all of a sudden have construction documents. That 3D model needs to be exploded or drawn on top of depending on the software, and turned into workable line drawings for the contractor and city.

Anyway, I'm not trying to bash the custom nor the hard work that went into it by Jacob. He's a fantastic artist and did well with what he had to work with. And I'm sure whoever owns it, loves it. I just don't think that statue has the best likeness and personally hope that the Lim version doesn't have a headsculpt like that. I understand if I'm in the minority, and I'll still get the LimToys figure even if the sculpt looks like that as I know as a total package, it will be fantastic.

I'm pretty sure the actual game uses the same model from gameplay in cutscenes as well, the only real difference is cutscenes obviously have their own lighting and ambience to make the models pop and look more realistic than they do in normal gameplay, anyway if there's one thing you don't have to worry about it's the sculpts, I take them very seriously and so does the rest of the team.

I'm pretty sure the actual game uses the same model from gameplay in cutscenes as well, the only real difference is cutscenes obviously have their own lighting and ambience to make the models pop and look more realistic than they do in normal gameplay, anyway if there's one thing you don't have to worry about it's the sculpts, I take them very seriously and so does the rest of the team.
We are in good hands. Go all out bro we've wanted for a while now. Lol I smell a Rafe and Nate sword fight two pack. Lmao

I might disagree with you on this. I have the file ripped from the game, the in game file, and it is different than the cutscenes. I think this is because the animation is different between them. This topic is brought on too in the FF7 remake Gametoys Tifa. The sculptor said the same thing. In game Tifa and cutscenes Tifa are different. I hope Limtoys doing a great job, I have to get this too.

I might disagree with you on this. I have the file ripped from the game, the in game file, and it is different than the cutscenes. I think this is because the animation is different between them. This topic is brought on too in the FF7 remake Gametoys Tifa. The sculptor said the same thing. In game Tifa and cutscenes Tifa are different. I hope Limtoys doing a great job, I have to get this too.
I believe they are the same model, the difference is cutscenes and gameplay use different bones/skeletons, this happens in TLOU 2 as well, Ellie and Joel both have fully unique playable models that are only used for 2 very short flashbacks, that said most game models are "different" during cutscenes but they are still the same as the one from gameplay if you understand what I'm saying.

Either way the sculpt shouldn't be a point of concern, the early drafts I was shown are the best Nate likeness I've seen and it's just quick tests, our team won't let you guys down and I will work my magic with the patterns on his face as well, including stubble, eyebrows, hair, etc.

I believe they are the same model, the difference is cutscenes and gameplay use different bones/skeletons, this happens in TLOU 2 as well, Ellie and Joel both have fully unique playable models that are only used for 2 very short flashbacks, that said most game models are "different" during cutscenes but they are still the same as the one from gameplay if you understand what I'm saying.

Either way the sculpt shouldn't be a point of concern, the early drafts I was shown are the best Nate likeness I've seen and it's just quick tests, our team won't let you guys down and I will work my magic with the patterns on his face as well, including stubble, eyebrows, hair, etc.
I hope there is enough love for his outfit. No one has gotten the shirt collar and color of the pants correct. Not to mention the gear, CC toys did the accessories 90% correct but that was about it. We also never have gotten the correct in game weapons. Especially the pistol in the original it's called the para 45. With the legacy edition being out for PS5 it's got a different name now. But the gun is a mix of two style 1911s the grip and hammer and slide are from a old school 1911 and the under slide with railing is from a kimber warrior 1911. Same goes for some of the rifles.

One of the biggest factors to why the models look different in cutscenes vs in gameplay, imo, is the blend targets. This is the stuff that makes Drake's forehead crease when he raises his eyebrows, or his lower eyelids bunch up if he downcasts his yes. The gameplay models don't have these, or at least, not as many, and this is usually most obvious when you look at the lipsyncing in gameplay, it often just looks like the mouth flapping open and closed with only basic phenome shapes. The end effect of this is that the gameplay model is largely stuck in whatever shape it was created in, with only bone-driven animations, while the cutscene models are constantly shifting and adjusting the vertexes of the face around as it moves, so even when the models *are* the same, the cutscene model is basically never in the static position of the gameplay model.

This stuff never survives the model ripping process, which is why even when artists who know how to light and make good looking shaders try to use them to make new renders and stuff, they never quite look as good outside of the game.

One of the biggest factors to why the models look different in cutscenes vs in gameplay, imo, is the blend targets. This is the stuff that makes Drake's forehead crease when he raises his eyebrows, or his lower eyelids bunch up if he downcasts his yes. The gameplay models don't have these, or at least, not as many, and this is usually most obvious when you look at the lipsyncing in gameplay, it often just looks like the mouth flapping open and closed with only basic phenome shapes. The end effect of this is that the gameplay model is largely stuck in whatever shape it was created in, with only bone-driven animations, while the cutscene models are constantly shifting and adjusting the vertexes of the face around as it moves, so even when the models *are* the same, the cutscene model is basically never in the static position of the gameplay model.

This stuff never survives the model ripping process, which is why even when artists who know how to light and make good looking shaders try to use them to make new renders and stuff, they never quite look as good outside of the game.
I'm fully aware of all that, in game lighting simulation also contributes to it, what I'm saying is both models use the same base, it's not like they have two completely different head shapes.

I hope there is enough love for his outfit. No one has gotten the shirt collar and color of the pants correct. Not to mention the gear, CC toys did the accessories 90% correct but that was about it. We also never have gotten the correct in game weapons. Especially the pistol in the original it's called the para 45. With the legacy edition being out for PS5 it's got a different name now. But the gun is a mix of two style 1911s the grip and hammer and slide are from a old school 1911 and the under slide with railing is from a kimber warrior 1911. Same goes for some of the rifles.
Of course! We will include all his equipment and have wire on the shirt collar to make it drape like in the game, as for weapons we will include game accurate ones.

Of course! We will include all his equipment and have wire on the shirt collar to make it drape like in the game, as for weapons we will include game accurate ones.
Yes! Super excited to see him in hand when he's out It's going to be my biggest figure for next year or when he's ready. Is there consideration with doing a dirty beat up version or a Scotland winter outfit or is it a let's wait and see how it does.

Well well looks like i've missed the party ! Nathan Drake huh ? Can't wait to see it !
I like the games a lot but i don't feel like owning any figure of it...
But i still can't wait to follow the project, it's going to be a killer release.

Back