Uncharted | 18 Feb 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but it's not great. Head sculpt is a miss, they went with a rubber shirt overlay instead of just sculpting it and adding a cut for a ball joint under the chest, and the legs are tubes.
You didn’t like the sideshow one either?

You didn’t like the sideshow one either?
Nah, the head killed it for me. I think it was from that time where they were doing separate molds for the eyeballs and they warped an all ready bad sculpt to make it even worse.

The Neca figure is the best we've gotten, IMO.

Tom Holland doesn't scream adventurer to me. Wahlburger still sucks when he has to act. Say hello to your mother for me.

Yeah, it just screams 'no better action stars wanted to do this'

So.... Tom Holland? Action star?

I'd say impossible except that Keanu Reeves did it... so anything is possible.

And yester-year's attempt at an action star, Wahlburg. Is his character in this a hothead? Because that's what he's best at.

Yeah, it just screams 'no better action stars wanted to do this'

So.... Tom Holland? Action star?

I'd say impossible except that Keanu Reeves did it... so anything is possible.

And yester-year's attempt at an action star, Wahlburg. Is his character in this a hothead? Because that's what he's best at.
Holland is more of a sidekick in this type of movie. Keanu at least had the action guy look. Holland just being a bartender trying to look tough wasn't really selling it for me. Walhburger isn't the strong silent type, more of the mouthy Bohsston type. Never seen Tomb Raider but feels like it will perform like the latest one.

Not sure why they even made an Uncharted mkvie when the lead character from the game is quite different. Very odd and clearly Sony is relying on star power.

The film looks generic with dumb dialogue, "he doesn't have any friends.I should know, I'm one of them"....wut?

I don't know if Tom Holland is wrong for the part, but I see the logic behind casting him. He's a Sony star and young, so he can play the role for the next 20 years. At least that's the plan.

Unfortunately, the film doesn't look original or visually unique. It looks like the lat Tomb Raider film or one of those Nicholas Cage treasure hunt movies. It's a shame too, because we could use a new modern adventure franchise with a new charismatic adventurer.

Saw the trailer for this again with NWH. Looks like a decent enough "watch once" action/adventure flick, and I love the whole adventurer thing, but I just can't buy Holland in this role.

The couple next to me wasn't paying attention during the trailers of NWH, and asked the other "What movies was that?" "I'm not sure, I think it was the new Tomb Raider"

:slap

I wonder if Tom's voice is ever going to break lol. He's far too boyish for this role, it would have been like casting 2000 Leo DiCaprio in the role. I think they cast Tom because of his acrobatic ability as well as the fact that he'd be young enough to continue the role for years to come.

The movie may do well with just the Spidey fans following him into this film, but I could see it being a dud and not doing that well at the box office.

Remembering the games, I'm wondering what will be the supernatural/paranormal twist on this. I think depending on how that is handled, it may turn the movie into something interesting for the casual movie goer.

Remembering the games, I'm wondering what will be the supernatural/paranormal twist on this. I think depending on how that is handled, it may turn the movie into something interesting for the casual movie goer.
Probably not. The games quickly abandoned the supernatural elements in the sequels and I believe the writers said they wished they hadn't included them as well.

Probably not. The games quickly abandoned the supernatural elements in the sequels and I believe the writers said they wished they hadn't included them as well.
The 4th one was the only one that didn't have it as far as Drake's story was concerned. It wasn't quickly abandoned as it is 3 out of 4 that had it. I actually liked that change of pace on the first game. Right now, this movie looks so generic if you go by the trailers only. If they're able successfully weave that supernatural aspect without it being too cheesy, it can make the movie interesting above your typical treasure hunt type of flick.

I wonder if Tom's voice is ever going to break lol. He's far too boyish for this role, it would have been like casting 2000 Leo DiCaprio in the role. I think they cast Tom because of his acrobatic ability as well as the fact that he'd be young enough to continue the role for years to come.

The movie may do well with just the Spidey fans following him into this film, but I could see it being a dud and not doing that well at the box office.
Bold of Sony to assume this is gonna make anywhere near enough money to justify a sequel

I've seen the trailer for this a few times, saw a new one before Scream last week. The film looks bad. I've not played the game but Holland looks anything but what's he's meant to be in this. Again, it looks bad.

Back