Tweeterhead: Two-Face Maquette 1:6 and 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some people are saying this will display great with penguin but I see them as very different pieces. Penguin is almost a concept piece with some of it showing underwater, he's also much more detailed - look at the grime, the dirt, the elaborate detail on his clothing. In comparison, two face is very basic

Even the Sideshow/Tweeterhead differences aside, I see the Penguin and Two-Face being very different. I don’t think they’d display poorly together but I don’t really feel they’re meant to complement each other either. I think you could have a room full of Batman villains and they’d seamlessly work together. Two-face may stand out with the stark contrasting suit but that’s not a negative, just the character design.

Penguin certainly has a much more elaborate base and of anything I think that might take away from him with so much going on, not unlike the Joker’s throne. All is the details in the base can divert your attention away from the character. I do enjoy an elaborate base that tells a story though. Penguin’s certainly does that. I don’t think Two-face’s need to and there is a certain appeal about a simple, straightforward presentation like that.

I think that illustrates my love for figures over statues in general. With the figures you can play a hand in telling the story. With a statue it’s really only at what angle you place it that may change that presentation. It’s locked in and that pose isn’t changing. When down well that’s not a problem and usually very impressive. If it’s kinda off or even a little odd looking the whole piece may go from a must have to a pass.

The beauty of this hobby is we can collect whatever suits our personal tastes and preferences. There are no rules but the ones we set for ourselves. If Two-face next to Penguin or Darth Vader or Cyclops makes you happy, I say go for it. Even world class museums don’t always have connected artwork displayed together. Busts next to paintings next to delicate remains of shoes. Sometimes the connections you create are what make a display interesting

Interesting, crisp is actually a word I’d use to describe this one.
I should’ve used better wording. What I meant was more that the details look a bit soft to me. His scarred/burdened side doesn’t look very define in terms of sculpting to me. And his hair on the normal side also is looking a bit soft.

But yea, his suit is very nice as far as suits go. It just looks very soft and flat to me. No real textures or anything going on in this piece to me. Just overall looks like it’s already been through the production process and any really sharp and fine detailing gone soft.

Ah gotcha, yeah I’d say that’s a fair criticism. The digital sculpt is full of detail so I’m anxious to see how that turns out in production. The 1/4 scale version will likely have better detail come. Not even sure the 1/4 scale pictures are of the 1/4 version and not just repeats of the 1/6 prototype.

Ah gotcha, yeah I’d say that’s a fair criticism. The digital sculpt is full of detail so I’m anxious to see how that turns out in production. The 1/4 scale version will likely have better detail come. Not even sure the 1/4 scale pictures are of the 1/4 version and not just repeats of the 1/6 prototype.
Judging by their other pieces, the 1/4 scale won't have more detail compared to the smaller version. You will be getting the same piece, just bigger, like on their joker, harley and ww. This means there is less detail comparatively in the 1/4

POd! Now I need Tweeter to release a classic Perez Deathstroke MAQ in both 1/6 & 1/4 scale. Since sideshow completely dropped the ball on their Deathstroker PF, I need Tweeter to come through with a classic comic accurate Deathstroke.

Last edited:
This is one of those pieces that should have been mixed-media. Make that suit with high-quality materials and tailoring, that would have taken this statue to next level. The head sculpt is fine, especially the burnt side.

This is one of those pieces that should have been mixed-media. Make that suit with high-quality materials and tailoring, that would have taken this statue to next level. The head sculpt is fine, especially the burnt side.
I do miss the old days of premium formats with clothing made of actual materials. Now we’re lucky if they even have one piece of cloth. Otherwise they’re just regular statues. Probably proved more trouble that it was worth. It’s hard enough dressing an articulated figure, I can’t imagine how complex it would to sew a statue into an outfit.

I'm cool with it being fully sculpted so long as it looks good. I actually prefer it that way. It's easier to maintain and keep clean. Also, talented sculptors nowadays do a phenomenal job when sculpting clothing. They can make clothing look so realistic. However, if sideshow does eventually release a Two Face PF, I'm sure a fabric suit will look fantastic on it. If any character was made for mixed media, it's Two Face.

So, if anyone is looking to pick this up, there are a few alternatives to sideshow. BBTS has this up for PO. I believe it's $640 on their website but it qualifies for $4 shipping. I believe taxes aren't included in BBTS's pricing. It's additional.

I purchased mine online from a place called CollectorZown. The price there is $750 all in. That includes shipping + taxes. However, Marcos (the owner) constantly gives out discount codes that can be used on all of his merch including POs. So, I got a 15% off Memorial day code (FOREVERAHERO) and was able to PO this for $637.50 all in. That includes taxes and shipping. All that said, I made payment in full. I didn't see an option to just put down a deposit until the statue ships. It's not an issue for me. I've purchased multiple statues from Marcos and he's come through every time.

Just some other cheaper options beside sideshow for anyone that might be interested in POing this piece. I can't wait to add Harvey to my 1/4 Bats Rouge collection.

Mj2Rev0.jpg

I like that they have Two-face a matching with Joker and Harley. It starts putting together a little scene and story. I hope they continue that with other villains. Makes Scarecrow and Ivy out of place. Wonder if they’ll do anyone with the other half of the Arkham gate to go with Crane?

I like that they have Two-face a matching with Joker and Harley. It starts putting together a little scene and story. I hope they continue that with other villains. Makes Scarecrow and Ivy out of place. Wonder if they’ll do anyone with the other half of the Arkham gate to go with Crane?
Tweeter is definitely impressing with their recent 1/6 offerings. I just wish everything they release was automatically in both 1/6 & 1/4 scales. Unfortunately, I don't have the space to start a deep 1/6 DC collection. So, I basically buy only whatever 1/4 pieces I still need from Tweeter. I definitely would've purchased Aquaman and Scarecrow if they would've been released in 1/4 scale. That said, I'm really impressed with how Tweeter seems to be digging deep into the DC characters list for their releases. They coming years look very promising for Tweeter 1/6 DC collectors. Hopefully, they release another villain with an Arkham base to match Scarecrow. There's still a few options like Riddler, Penguin, Hush, or Zsasz.

Last edited:
I could even see a large Manbat with widespread wings perched on the top of the gate. Looking closer at the gate, they could maybe even have 2 more villains to complete the full gate. Maybe something like Manbat in the middle and someone like Clayface oozing over the other side of the gate? Maybe kind of lean into the horror with Scarecrow gas about. I don’t think I’d have room for that either but it would certainly be an impressive display.

I could even see a large Manbat with widespread wings perched on the top of the gate. Looking closer at the gate, they could maybe even have 2 more villains to complete the full gate. Maybe something like Manbat in the middle and someone like Clayface oozing over the other side of the gate? Maybe kind of lean into the horror with Scarecrow gas about. I don’t think I’d have room for that either but it would certainly be an impressive display.
Yeah, that would look awesome!

It looks like the 1/4 version is only available through sideshow. Wish I could order it through Tweeter. I'd like to support them directly for releasing such a great statue. It's great to see a company dig deep into DC's character list. I hope they release a 1/4 classic Deathstroke and Martian Manhunter in the near future. If they look as good as Two Face, they'll both be day 1 instant POs for me.
Somebody has to do the hard work, Sideshow is too chicken **** to do it anymore

Somebody has to do the hard work, Sideshow is too chicken **** to do it anymore
I've basically given up on sideshow. Unless they release a character I want, in a costume I like, it's a pass for me on their offerings. I don't see them releasing the characters I want. For 1/4 DC pieces, I still need a classic Perez Deathstroke, Martian Manhunter, and Ra's al Ghul. I'm not counting on sideshow to release any of them. For my 1/4 Marvel statues, I still need a Byrne Era Cyclops and Storm. Sideshow's head is stuck so far up Jim Lee's ass, that I can't see them releasing a classic Byrne Cyclops or Storm PF. Hopefully, between Tweeter and XM, I can finish off the final few 1/4 pieces I need in my Marvel and DC lineups.

For my 1/4 Marvel statues, I still need a Byrne Era Cyclops and Storm. Sideshow's head is stuck so far up Jim Lee's ass, that I can't see them releasing a classic Byrne Cyclops or Storm PF.
Isn't their 2012 Storm PF a Cockrum/Byrne version? Apart from her cape/poncho not being attached to her bracelets, that is.

If it’s not Batman, Joker, Harley, Ivy, Catwoman, Superman, or Wonder Woman they probably aren’t making them. They’ll get ‘adventurous’ and give us a random Penguin or Lobo or Aquaman but they’ll hit the regulars for the umpteenth time before trying something new again.

Granted Tweeterhead started the rogues with Joker and Harley but quickly gave us Scarecrow, which took Sideshow over a decade to do, and Two-face, which they’ve yet to do. Even if Catwoman or another Ivy is next, I’d still bet on them being better versions than what Sideshow has done. They swung for the fences with Joker and totally beat anything Sideshow did.

Isn't their 2012 Storm PF a Cockrum/Byrne version? Apart from her cape/poncho not being attached to her bracelets, that is.
Yes, but I never liked it. It's simply not my cup of tea. I love the recent Storm PF. Great sculpt and pose, but I HATE the Lee era costume on it. If they ever offered a classic variant of that Storm PF, I'd be all over it. Cyclops never got any Byrne era love. I'm hoping both characters get released in their classic costumes by some company in the near future.

Back