Tweeterhead: MOTU - Skeletor - Legends Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Vp36sUb.jpg

Looks great, but I am afraid it could (together with He-Man on BattleCat) break the neck of their MOTU success. Plenty of people already have Sideshow Skeletor, He-Man from SS and PCS and even Battlecat from PCS (I do). So I am not even considering purchasing neither of them, while gladly paying for the statues of characters I do not already have. If they make too big number of the statues, what will happen to their MOTU line?

I know there are many requests for He-Man and Skeletor from those who did not get the Sideshow ones, but will there be enough of them?

Looks great, but I am afraid it could (together with He-Man on BattleCat) break the neck of their MOTU success. Plenty of people already have Sideshow Skeletor, He-Man from SS and PCS and even Battlecat from PCS (I do). So I am not even considering purchasing neither of them, while gladly paying for the statues of characters I do not already have. If they make too big number of the statues, what will happen to their MOTU line?

I know there are many requests for He-Man and Skeletor from those who did not get the Sideshow ones, but will there be enough of them?
I thought we would see battle armor versions of He-Man and Skeletor first. So yeah, this is a bold move. Maybe if they go with the classic purple armor, that will help differentiate it from the Sideshow version? But this seems to follow the design of their 1/1 bust, which has silver armor.

I thought we would see battle armor versions of He-Man and Skeletor first. So yeah, this is a bold move. Maybe if they go with the classic purple armor, that will help differentiate it from the Sideshow version? But this seems to follow the design of their 1/1 bust, which has silver armor.
Yeah, I think it will be very similar to Sideshow one I think. So will be mostly for those who do not own the original one. The only thing I like more on the Tweeterhead version is sculpted cape.

Attachments

• P2180173.JPG
    P2180173.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P2210164.JPG
    P2210164.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm not thrilled with TH's head sculpt either. Looks a bit too small and doesn't feel enough like Skeletor. Somehow, both of Sideshow's heads capture the character better. Just a shame the color scheme is so dark.

Maybe they'll give this the bold paintjob it deserves. Or I wait to see their 1/6 version with Panthor; surely the Classics line will have the proper colors.

I'm not thrilled with TH's head sculpt either. Looks a bit too small and doesn't feel enough like Skeletor. Somehow, both of Sideshow's heads capture the character better. Just a shame the color scheme is so dark.

Maybe they'll give this the bold paintjob it deserves. Or I wait to see their 1/6 version with Panthor; surely the Classics line will have the proper colors.

Well, the head is just a floating skull, missing all the skin and muscles, so it should be smaller in comparison with the body. I do not mind the darker tone of color, I like that he looks realistic, if I wanted cartoon version, I would go with PCS one. But maybe they will do some limited version with different color (as they did with Hordak), maybe glowing skull or different "face" expressions. What I think is missed opportunity is not adding left hand with the sword (maybe EX version?). But I think this one will match the lifesize bust in colors.

I get that they are releasing this because it's been so long since Sideshow released the original version. It's a great line and this is a way to keep the interest high.

That said, I still can't get over the fact that they just transferred the issues the bust had to this statue. They were called out by multiple people regarding the use of a child's skull for reference on the bust and the sloppy adjustments done on the breast plate. They probably figured that most people don't remember basic anatomy so why fix the skull? As for the crossbones on the breastplate, I'm surprised more people haven't noticed that the bones don't align to an "X" on the bust or statue.

I wish they made a skeletor riding panthor to match with the he-man riding battle cat.
Was hoping to get a skeletor panthor from PCS when they did he-man and battlecat but that never happened.
I guess they still could make one in the 1/6 Motu to go with he-man on battlecat.

Last edited:
I guess they still could make one in the 1/6 Motu to go with he-man on battlecat.
This is pretty much a guarantee. Everyone who's asked them about it has gotten a playfully sarcastic response that translates to "We can't officially announce it, but come on, of course we're making it."

This is pretty much a guarantee. Everyone who's asked them about it has gotten a playfully sarcastic response that translates to "We can't officially announce it, but come on, of course we're making it."
Hope that so so much.
That would be awesome to have a display with the pair.
I like for example my Sideshow Premium format Boba and Jango statues display.

Well at least the new skull appears to be based off an adult this time. The original still has issues and they didn't fix the breastplate. At this price for a 1/5 scale, why are sloppy mistakes present?

Back